AV-8B first look.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

Or am I taking crazy pills and am the only one that sees it?

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think that's what's going on. The nose cone is on upside down.

Beeavision

A pirate's life for me!
Mar 14, 2011
Orlando, FL
Can't wait to see it all painted up. Too bad they went with black plastic. In low lighting its hard to see much of the subtle details especially under the belly of the aircraft. Do they have the landing gears present or are they still in development?

G.I. Zmo

Enlisted
Aug 5, 2011
I didn't know the AV8B, i just knew the Harrier, so when i saw that nose i was disappointed. Then i did some "research" and now i know a little bit more of this plane. :)

I'd rather choose the shorter nose variant, but i like this one, too.
Of course, my opinion can be overwritten by the pricetag. ;)

Beeavision

A pirate's life for me!
Mar 14, 2011
Orlando, FL
I'm sure modifying the noise to reflect the shorter sloped design you speak of wouldn't necessarily be that hard to pull off with the right tools and know how.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah, I also prefer the shorter (True Lies) nose, but I believe the longer is the newer/upgraded/current version. I think the all clear cockpit/windscreen makes it look worse too. Once painted, it should look somewhat better... I hope...

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Got lots of info.. Will put it all in a post when I wake up (NAP TIME!).

$250-$300, LIKELY 1st quarter of 2014, MAY come holidays 2013 but don't hold your breath.

It's going to have ELECTRONICS! Running lights etc. I am guessing this contributed to lengthening the time frame.

There are panels in place where you can see the engine stuff, they took some liberties to allow for that.

No word on livery yet. Will try to press more on that front, though at this point I'm guessing they don't even have a solid answer.

This is one of their test mock ups.. so it's not final. They get these, fix them, and send them back to China. One is on its way right now with some fixes and tweaks. Sounds like a tedious process.

Other news I'll touch on later.. No A-10, MORE gunship hueys.. and armaments etc!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hmm, lights up, ridiculous amount of opening doohickies.

I smell JSI.

More Huey gunships? Are they gonna bother to upgrade the armament or just slap some half-hearted 174th AHC liveries on them?

Beeavision

A pirate's life for me!
Mar 14, 2011
Orlando, FL
Over all this excitement I forgot to bring up the FW-190 A5. So is it there on display too? Any pictures of it from Merit?

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Hmm, lights up, ridiculous amount of opening doohickies.

I smell JSI.

More Huey gunships? Are they gonna bother to upgrade the armament or just slap some half-hearted 174th AHC liveries on them?

Over all this excitement I forgot to bring up the FW-190 A5. So is it there on display too? Any pictures of it from Merit?

Gotta wait for the writeup!

*cackles*

Beeavision

A pirate's life for me!
Mar 14, 2011
Orlando, FL
Okay, I'll wait it out some more BUT....there better be lots of pictures...lots and lots and lots of pictures. A whole gaggle of them.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Drilling holes? What the fuck, Marine? You building that thing from scratch?

*laughing emoticon*

As for the plane, seems small...I must be to used to looking at the F-14...

And as cool as functional bits and lights are, I honestly don't need/use those features...all it does it add to the sticker price and raise the chances of things breaking and getting delayed...

not sure i need a $300 model...if they thought sales were low on the F-14, what makes them think raising the cost another $100+ will help any?

Beeavision

A pirate's life for me!
Mar 14, 2011
Orlando, FL
Questions:

1) Armament - GBU and what else? Drop tanks?
2) Landing gears - are they on the model or still in production? Will they be
adjustable?
3) Production run numbers for S1? S2?
4) Will it come with a pilot?
5) When do they expect to have photos in of it painted? Guesstimate.
6) How high is up?

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Nice..

I know they said it will come with one armament set.. and have a 2nd set available afterwards. The pylons are set up in a way where it makes weapon switching easy apparently.

There was no landing gear, none of the metal or rubber pieces were there. Not sure if they're still being designed or just not included at this stage.

I'll ask the rest too! Thanks for the input. The pics were hard with black on black (huh huh like Detroit Crime..) but I'll see what I can do tomorrow.

Beeavision

A pirate's life for me!
Mar 14, 2011
Orlando, FL
We need more pics of the entire Merit booth. I see only one photo so far of just the F-86 and Me-262. Over at SSMQ a couple are asking about the where abouts of the FW-190 A5. I take it its not there for show but rather in production for a September release.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ask about the Huey, you know the question I want asked. ;)

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Really? Like dis her?

I might pop for another one like dat!

*Rereads*

OH! XM21?!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It's got about as much chance as an H-13 or Mi-24D at this point.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah, it sounds like the XM21. I didn't get any further details though. Sounds like they plan for door mounted M60's though too.

The run on the Harrier will likely be between 1000-1500 units.

Ground attack package is all I got ordinance wise.

Beeavision

A pirate's life for me!
Mar 14, 2011
Orlando, FL
Okay then if they aren't going to supply the Harrier with a pilot is there any plans to re-release the F-18 pilots BBI had done earlier before selling out?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Better off making your own jet jockey.

This door gun idea is interesting. C would most likely have used a bungee cord or a sagami, and sagamis are too much to expect, I reckon.

Doesn't matter, the bench and bulkhead are too far aft to have a gunner sit in the doorway, and you won't get a good pose without quite a bit of figure customizing.

Last edited: