Banner Theme Suggestions

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Reenactment of famous scenes using figures? From a movie, show, anything really.

That is actually one I have on the back burner. I am thinking June. I would announce this one two months in advance to give plenty of time to do a scene.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
ARAH theme

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
How about a month where the entries can only be previous entries except the catch is, they are not eligible if they won already. There has been a lot of great 2nd place finishes lately. Would be cool to see them all compete against each other. A consolation month.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
How about a month where the entries can only be previous entries except the catch is, they are not eligible if they won already. There has been a lot of great 2nd place finishes lately. Would be cool to see them all compete against each other. A consolation month.

This is something we discussed in the past but we did not have good records of entries. Thing is, what ones get a second chance? All second place entries? Third? All real close ones? There are a ton of ways it can go.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I hear ya, I couldn't remember if we did or didn't talk about this idea. I figure let the entrants submit the old ones they want. Still do contest in same format with how they are submitted. Maybe put a clause in there that any member who has never entered a banner contest may use a new entry.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I think just a reenter month as long as its never won would be cool...if there are more than 10 entries, have a "pick a top ten" to eliminate some...least amount of votes goes until you have ten

The Willoughbian

Proletariat Art Threat
Jun 24, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Behind the Scenes of a Banner Entry.

This would not be a blind vote.

Entries will Consist of the following:

The Banner Entry:
The completed banner entry. FFA, anything goes, photoshop is allowed.

Show Us How You Did It:
At least one behind the scene picture. So we can see the set/location compared to the real world.

Essay:
A brief summary of your process, any special techniques or equipment used and any other cool thing that should be considered when voting. Tell us why your banner is the best.

I'd be willing to put a prize up if my suggestion is used for a contest. I was thinking it might be fun to change up the game a little.

Last edited:

footloose

Enlisted
Jul 19, 2011

The Banner Entry:

Show Us How You Did It:
At least one behind the scene picture. So we can see the set/location compared to the real world.

Essay:
A brief summary of your process, any special techniques or equipment used and any other cool thing that should be considered when voting. Tell us why your banner is the best.

I'd be willing to put a prize up if my suggestion used for a contest. I was thinking it might be fun to change up the game a little.
I like it

MMorelock66

Isn't a Gijoe fan
Apr 4, 2012
the land of Virginia

The Banner Entry:

Show Us How You Did It:

Essay:

I'd be willing to put a prize up if my suggestion used for a contest. I was thinking it might be fun to change up the game a little.

I like this

The Willoughbian

Proletariat Art Threat
Jun 24, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Looks like I have a second and third to the motion. Very nice. I guess the idea is to let entrants use their strongest skills in the creation of their entry and show what went into making it. Rather than setting restrictions on how they are done I'd like to see what people bring without any.

blackblast

Enlisted
Feb 3, 2013
A land vehicle theme?

Rescue mission?

Arch enemies?

I like those themes,
also would be good have,
- Tank battle (with photo editing software)
- Helicopters
- Convoy
- Our customs on banner
- Under enemy fire
- Soldiers deploying (maybe going out of a killer whale, out of a helicopter or out of a cargo humvee)
- Movie scene you always wanted
- Indoor scene
- outdoor scene
I think I went too far =S

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I think we should do more holiday themed Banners.

Examples:

Feb: to feature women for v-day
May: SW for the 4th
or
May: Memorial Day
July: Independence Day
Nov: Veterans Day

etc etc

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Maybe Jan would be outdoor/snow shot.

The rest of the months would be either FFA or have a theme like armor, bang, blood etc etc

footloose

Enlisted
Jul 19, 2011
I take it that was some stab at the current banner?

Not the current, I do like that one, but I've seen to many that fit the category. I'm just being a sour ass cuz once again I lost the contest. Really don't see how I got third.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
I just don't get being a sore loser over a contest where there's no tangible prize to win. Not that I'm calling anyone out except.. well.. only one person actually seemed to be complaining about it.

And 'really don't see how I got third', well.. obviously you got third because more people voted for a different one. Or are you saying that you're so damn good you should just be getting first place every time.

Shit like this is why I tend to avoid contests if I can help it. Oh don't mind me, I'm just being a sour ass over all the bullshit butthurt over stupid contests lately. And sore losers just piss me the hell off.

:)

Also, my suggestion, to continue my morning's attempt to get under everyone's skin, let's make the next banner theme about puppies and bunnies or some cutesy shit that's sure to get people riled up.

"How'd I get third place? My bunny picture was way cuter than yours!"

Actually.. now that I think of it.. it would be pretty damn funny.