Banner Theme Suggestions

thecorporation

Task Force 27
Jun 9, 2011
Redacted
How about a forced perspective theme- you have to something from at least one other scale to create forced perspective, like a 1/6 pistol in the foreground to make the 1/18 figures far away or 1/35 scale tank in the background to create depth.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
I'd like to see the figures from different lines again.

Was looking at some of my son's toys & thought I could make a decent pokemon fight scene.

Who wants to play pokemon
(Note: all I know about pokpokemon is that it seems to be the japanese version of cock fighting. )

Last edited:

Fred Broca

Enlisted
Jun 2, 2012
The Empyrean
Didn't see a thread for suggestions for upcoming months, so I thought I'd start one. You guys can kill this if there is one.

This may not go over well, but I'd like to see some non-military themes. Sci-fi, or superhero (lots of MU figures out there), or something like that.

You can never go wrong with a cover swipe. The students in class at Prof. X School Gifted Youngsters. Logan and Nightcrawler having a beer. A mix of different universes would be cool.

As far as military, (assuming if they haven't been done already,) A JOE homage to flag raising on Iwo Jima, the iconic image and the original flag raising. The first issue of the Marvel run, Issue 7, the Silent Interlude issue, and G. I. JOE 41.

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
A JOE homage to flag raising on Iwo Jima

Already did it. :)

I'd really like to revisit the mixed toylines and forced perspective themes.

Last edited:

lotusblack80

Enlisted
Jul 15, 2013
Colorado
We should do THE WALKING DEAD. Seriously anyone who can make the original cast from the first season, I would pay to have them as a set.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Christmas is coming a holiday themed one for December could be fun.

Intergrating different toy lines. I'd like to revisit that theme again.
or maybe mix it up by inserting a non 1:18th toy mixed in with (in a way that makes sense) Attack of the giants.

mythology (Once the Boss fight Studios stuff comes out.)

Space -

civilians gone wild (non military month)

or just go with the usual helicopters vs helicopters

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
We should do THE WALKING DEAD. Seriously anyone who can make the original cast from the first season, I would pay to have them as a set.

Angel Forge has head casts of them for sale.

Zombie Mega Pack
You will see them in this megapack, scroll down on the page and there are individual links for each head. The cast is male heads 0524-0533 and female head 0121, 0120

Last edited:

custer7thcav

Officer
Mar 15, 2011
Chicago IL suburbs
how about a parade rest theme. have a unit (up to platoon strength) receiving a briefing while at parade rest. any military or paramilitary unit (sci fi, modern, ww2 you get the idea)
would be a way to show off any army builder figs and add a commanding officer with some personality.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
And for day light savings this fall we can have Fall Back and make it a retreat image

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Good idea but considering the powers that be forgot to even do one for July probably means we won't get much heads up in the future.