Best 1:18 Toys from your youth & Best collectable 1:18 from adulthood.

CDR Hood

The Unwashed
Oct 18, 2012
I'm sure like me, everyone here got started with the 1:18 line as kids.

1.) What are your top ten 1:18 scale toys from childhood, playset, figure or vehicle?

2.) What are you current top ten favorite 1:18 scale collectable from adulthood?

CDR Hood

The Unwashed
Oct 18, 2012
Childhood:

1.) Deathstar
2.) Stormtrooper
3.) Fisher Price orange jeep (w/ canoe and paddles/motor)
4.) Cobra Soldier
5.) HISS Tank
6.) Hooded Cobra Commander
7.) Cobra Commander
8.) Fisher Price Green Motorcycle w/ sidecar
9.) Darth Vader tie-fighter (wanted regular, but it did the trick)
10.) Rebel Hoth Soldier or Dapol Cyberman

Adult:

1.) General Patton figure (21st Century 1st Armored Division)
2.) Abrams Tank (which the above commands)
3.) Roman Legionaire (Unimax Forces of Valor, want more of them)
4.) Gammorean Guard (Star Wars Vintage Collection)
5.) Tie Fighter (newer white one)
6.) Buck Roger's Starfighter (bought as adult)
7.) Ferengi Fighter (bought as adult)
8.) Black Major Red Shadows BAT (Mutron)
9.) White/Gold Dapol Dalek
10.) TARDIS (Dapol)

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
As a child my favorite toy was my USA Sgt Slaughter. My favorite playset was a WWF wrestling ring my dad made me sized perfectly for my Joes.

My favorite toy as an adult is my SDCC USA Sgt Slaughter. Soon to be tied with the Christopher Reeves Superman if it does indeed hit the market next year. I have wanted him since I saw Superman 2 as a kid.

MMorelock66

Isn't a Gijoe fan
Apr 4, 2012
the land of Virginia
Since I'm a bit younger than you fools, my childhood is not that long ago.

Childhood? Emphasize this is early 2000s. But mom had found a 1984 Firefly at Goodwill or something and bought it for me. Still got him today.

Adult? Marvels Showdown Venom. This guy is everything I've ever wanted in a venom figure, plus he's been my favorite villain since I was a child.

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Well during my childhood there was no such thing as 1/18th scale.

It was 1/6th scale and that was not what they were called.

12 inch figures is what they were called and I loved my Captain Action figure along with my space capsule.

Now my 1/18th favorites would be my ;

Sdkfz 222 and my Ho-229.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
My favorite toys from my childhood were my friends toys...they all had the things I wanted...

So...

My favorite toys as an adult are the ones I wanted when I was a child, but updated more awesome versions...

- MP Voltron
- 1:18th General Lee (the newest most awesomest version)
- TFC and Maketoys Devastator
- JSI F-14

I'm still holding out for

- MP Jetfire
- a new G.I.JOE WHALE
- 1:18th A-10

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Favorite 1:18 as a kid?
Sgt Slaughter w/ his Triple T tank, and the 84 Joe base that found in pieces

As an adult?
My customs usually fill that slot, but it varies from one day to the next.

Though my favorite play set is the 84 Joe base I got off ebay a few years back for $27, and all it was missing was the jail door. It was the first thing I set up in my workshop/ man cave when we moved. Though some how I lost the chairs, but I think I have a couple in a big box of random Joe base parts that I've picked up since for random bases once I get the workshop/ man cave cleaned up, and get a table set up for another display.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
From when I was very young, it was proabbly my Pocket Heroes (shut up, I didn't name them) Batman, Robin and Batmobile. Loved that batmobile, although it looks ridiculous today.

When I was a little older, it was the Death Star, the Millennium Falcon, Slave I, Killer WHALE and finally the Defiant. I wanted to be an astronaut whe that came out, so it pushed all the right buttons for me.

Not really sure as an adult. Possibly my AH-64.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
I was born in 80, and got my first joes for my third birthday. My favorite toy was the Slaughter Triple T. I was a huge wrestling nut then and when Slaughter became a Joe it was the greatest thing ever.

As an adult, I'm not sure what my favorite would be. My MIB USS Flagg is right up there, but I never get to look at it because I don't want my kids to know I have it yet.

Psycho Joe Guy

Enlisted
Mar 5, 2013
As a kid, even though it's really 32 and not 18: my beloved Sky Striker - before Top Gun pissed me off at bad movies sandwiching beautiful ACM photography, Ace made me CRAVE being a Turkey driver. It didn't happen, but I did try.

Now, my JSI F-14's are my faves, displayed with that same old Sky Striker which now sports the F-14B upgraded F-110 engines (still have the Joe "TF-30's too"). Ace didn't want a digital bird. Leave that to Slipstream and Ghost Rider.

Tria

Enlisted
Sep 20, 2012

12 inch figures is what they were called and I loved my Captain Action figure along with my space capsule.

Sdkfz 222 and my Ho-229.

These are amazing!!

Are they custom made or some company released them in the past??

my personal favourite would be

the custom figures meddatron made for me,

my army of 30th vipers and 30th cobra troopers

my tanks! especially chap mei merkava, gi joe mauler and FOV woodland camo abrams

and my helicopters! jsi huey, bbi blackhawk and apache and gi joe eaglehawk.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Pickel made those himself. He's very talented, but a little too into WWII for most of us here. :trollface:

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
As a kid, I loved everything. Joe, TF, and MOTU. I'd have to say my all time favorite toys were Castle Greyskull, Jetfire, Shockwave, Skystriker, Joe HQ, Dragonfly, & WHALE.

As an adult, my faves are not all that different. Nearly ten years later, I still love MP Optimus Prime (the 20th Anniversary version of MP-01). All the 1:18th choppers (Huey, Apache, Blackhawk, both AH-1 Cobra versions), and the few revoltech transformers we got (that I've purchsed in droves to make even more custom revoltech transformers). Vintage collection SW stuff is awesome too.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Man, this is tough, so many to pick from.

Born in '73, my top ten...

1-Metal Man Major Mercury
2-Metal Man space capsule
3-"..............UFO
(still have all of the above)
5-GI Joe VAMP with Clutch (my first Joe toy)
6-D&D Warduke (fuck yeah!!!)
7-Star Wars land speeder
8-Star Wars C3PO
9-SW R2D2
(those were my first SW toys)
10-SW Death Star (the only playset that survived to this day)

And I STILL have all of the above TO. THIS. DAY!

FAVORITES TODAY? Barring the ones from my childhood...

1-Microman Robotman Ace
2-GI Joe 25th anniversary B.A.T.
3-Hot Toys snap kit Aliens (the whole line! Yes, there are multiple figures in this line but I love them all!!)
4-McFarlanes Frankenstein "Monster" playset from 1997 (is that getting too old? I love ALL of the playsets in this line except the Hunchback, but I'll refrain from using another whole line as a pick.)
5-Lanard Space Shuttle (although I've modified mine somewhat, it's a pretty cool toy).
6-Marvel Universe Hulk (don't know which series he's from)
8-Playmates Terminator Salvation endoskeleton (with some mods, this is actually a pretty cool figure!)

That's all I can thiink of presently.

Last edited:

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
Hmm...my favorites as a kid were my GI Joes. My fav of them was the Vamp(my first GI Joe toy also). I had EVERYTHING back then. I had the Flagg, covered in Rattlers, Dragonflys, Tomahawks, Fangs, Skyhawks...rediculous. Tanks, vamps, APCs, Hiss's, figs in every crevice...My father used to joke that it looked like WW3 in my bedroom.

Now as an adult....My BBi helos, FOV Abrams Bradleys and LAV, the GI Joe Sigma Six Dragonhawk(which is currently in work to be customized), my 25th Vamps, and even though they aren't 1:18, my McFarlane Halo figs.

GIJoey

Enlisted
Mar 11, 2013
I'm sure like me, everyone here got started with the 1:18 line as kids.

1.) What are your top ten 1:18 scale toys from childhood, playset, figure or vehicle?

I didn't have much in the mid to late 70's except for "Buck Rogers" figure and his Star-Fighter. I still have both in decent condition except the landing gear is gone on ship and the soft plastic pieces are ka-put! My brother had Luke Sky-Walker and X-Wing fighter which I fixed up with surplus parts and presented to him 30 years after he thought they were ka-put. My parents were going to throw them out in the early 1980's and I happened to see them and conducted a clandestine Toy Rescue in true Delta Force Style.

2.) What are you current top ten favorite 1:18 scale collectable from adulthood?
Maybe not all are true 1/18 scale, but:
#1. 1994 GI Joe Green Beret mail away action figure in 3.75 inch
#2. 21 Century Toys Kubel Wagen
#3. Heng Long King Tiger (radio control)
#4. 21st century toys M48 Patton Tank
#5. 21st Century M2 Half-Track
#6. 21st Century Panzer IV (radio control)
#7. bbi LAV
#8. Marvel Black widow figure ( there are several different head-sculpts and I like them all)
#9. 2012 GI Joe Clutch Figure (V-5) The figure is only five points of articulation but the headsculpt is one of the best of all time IMO. I have the headscuplt currently on Iron-Man figure (civvys) for a Delta force figure.
#10. Bruder Land Rover defender (actually listed as 1/16 scale), but I can fit the modern GI Joes in it and they look to scale with the vehicle.

Well cheers, and kind regards,
Joe

GIJoey

Enlisted
Mar 11, 2013

Sdkfz 222 and my Ho-229.

Wow, where could I get a 1/18 scale Sdkfz 222???
That is the awesomest thing I've seen in a while!

TIE_FighterTK069

Enlisted
Oct 20, 2014
Back in Tucson, AZ!
1984 <--- I still have every GI Joe figure and toy released that year except for the accessory packs (dammit!)
I mowed lawns, raked leaves, and shoveled snow to make the money to buy it all. Rode my bike all over the damn city to find everything. I still remember finding the Rattler at Two Guys, and strapping it to the front of my bike, peddling as fast as I could to get home and put it together. Hands down, my favorite bunch of toys.
I really dug my 12" Joes, my Lone Ranger, Millenium Falcon, and this big ass Alien I had.

Now? Acid Rain World stuff. Love it, gotta have it all. I'm tempted by the 1:12 ThreeA World War Robot stuff, but I'm exercising self control.

blackrazor1

Enlisted
Dec 25, 2013
Not a lot of true 1:18 in my history, but here's the 3.75-4" action figure toys that I appreciated the most.

Childhood

1. Fisher Price Helicopter and Mini-Sub set
2. Tonka A.J. Foyt F1 car and van
3. Playmates Zentradi Officer's Battle Pod
4. Mirconauts Biotron
5. Micronauts Pharoid
6. Empire Strikes Back Snowspeeder
7. Star Wars X-wing
8. G.I. Joe Skystriker
9. Fisher Price Daredevil with working parachute.
10. G.I. Joe Dragonfly

Adult

1. PTE F/A-18 Hornet
2. PTE Little Bird
3. BBI AH-64 Apache
4. G.I. Joe 30th Cobra Trooper
5. G.I. Joe Shocktrooper
6. G.I. Joe ROC Helix
7. G.I. Joe Ultimate Storm Shadow
8. G.I. Joe Retaliation H.I.S.S. Tank
9. G.I. Joe Ghosthawk
10. G.I. Joe Eaglehawk

GIJoey

Enlisted
Mar 11, 2013
That was a kit Pickelhaube made.

Well Mr. Pickelhaube, that is definitely kosher! If you ever cast that kit again I would be a buyer. Wonderful talent, I too love things German/WW2. I spent over four years of my life in that country split between the 70's and 80's courtesy of Uncle Sam.

If the war had been a fashion show the Germans would've won hands down.

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Well Mr. Pickelhaube, that is definitely kosher! If you ever cast that kit again I would be a buyer. Wonderful talent, I too love things German/WW2. I spent over four years of my life in that country split between the 70's and 80's courtesy of Uncle Sam.

If the war had been a fashion show the Germans would've won hands down.

thanks !! the sdkfz 222 and m-10 are on the short list of things that I have to do.

the molds are basically shot but I get contacted about every other week asking about the 222 and about once a month on the M -10.

today marks the third week of my accident and I have at least 4 more weeks to go .then if I can I need to get caught up on all of my back orders ( about 30 kits ) not counting the Humvee project.

I sure am glad I passed that project to DAREMO !!!!!!