• The Package

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Busted

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Vote for what you think was the best episode from the first 13. I placed the 2 parters together for obvious reasons. While your at, discuss why u picked the episode you did.

Captain Carstein

Let's dooooo it!
May 3, 2011
Minnesota
I assume you can only put 10 choices on the poll? I don't really have a clear favorite yet, but certainly favorite moments. So if I had to choose right now, it would be Castle Destro, but like I said that doesn't mean it's head and shoulder above the rest.

Cool moments just off the top of my head:

Rage: The Joes' team bonds are just starting to form, the appearance of some Joes as "veterans", early Scrap Iron and Destro when they still look normal, I liked the exo-suit as well.

The Package - Major Bludd and Snake Eyes going toe to toe on the roof of the truck.

Return of the Arashikage - Full of a lot of good one liners especially during training, loved the Ninja Nacy bit, started liking Tunnel Rat, and probably the episode I started liking the series too.

The Enemy of My Enemy - Like the back and forth between Mindbender and Destro, CC owning Destro, Serpentor reduced to a stupid giant snake.

Homecoming - I LOVED the Baroness in her red suit and shock gloves or whatever jumping in kicking ass on the train.

Brothers of Light - Mindbender treating all the psychics like bitches.

Knock Offs - Zartan starting to come in to his own, the Baroness being badass.

Whiteout - Appearance of Timber, Snow Job's character finally follows his original file card (ie. con-man), the battle around the cabin had some good action.

Shipwrecked - Liked Shipwreck's character and Cover Girl's poster, but unfortunately had to fight Super Jello Viper most of the episode.

Castle Destro - Who doesn't love seeing the castle, Destro and the Baroness, HISS tanks, BATS could have been better, but promising replacement for Jello Vipers, lots of action above all.

Union of the Snake - Even if it was a brief one time cameo: mention of the OG, Red Star was an interesting character for the Joes to deal with, Baroness and Mindbinder fighting like a brother and sister on the floor, Trouble Bubbles, the Twins escaping opening up interesting storylines for the future.

I'd really have to watch them all again, but Castle Destro was the coolest for me to watch so far.

Last edited:

Captain Carstein

Let's dooooo it!
May 3, 2011
Minnesota
OK, I can't read. The first 13... shit. Ummm, maybe Homecoming or Return of the Arashikage. Enemy if My Enemy is right up there too.

I voted for Return of the Arshikage as it was the first episode I laughed out loud and some of the lines and really started enjoying the series.

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
if i have to choose between those ones, i guess i'd say Brothers of light...i can't remeber specifically why i liked that episode, but i know i did

though my fave of them all so far would be either Knock Offs or Whiteout

xhairs

odd man out !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 15, 2011
blasdell ny
photobucket.com
none for me they all sucked for me !! well the ones i saw. even with all the bones they tossed us it still is not joe it is a mesh of other toons with the joe name on it.

Captain Carstein

Let's dooooo it!
May 3, 2011
Minnesota
none for me they all sucked for me !! well the ones i saw. even with all the bones they tossed us it still is not joe it is a mesh of other toons with the joe name on it.

As much as I like Renegades, I agree that it's not really "GI Joe". The Joe Team has always been an elite special missions force like a fictional Delta Force from all the services.

I like Renegades in that it's a kind of alternate storyline like Transformers Animated was. So I could watch X number of episodes and be like: "That was cool, now back to the real GI Joe."

SO yeah, if I could look into the future and know that Hasbro is going to come out a proper long term Joe toon like something the caliber of Resolute with more depth, Renegades should be just a passing fancy. Unfortunately it's all we have right now, so it's definitely better than nothing.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I didn't vote, at least not until I get around to seeing more episodes. Seems like we could consolidate the 3 Renegades threads running simultaneously though... Turning into a fanboy site around here... :D

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I didn't vote, at least not until I get around to seeing more episodes. Seems like we could consolidate the 3 Renegades threads running simultaneously though... Turning into a fanboy site around here... :D

haha. I gotta disagree. There is nothing more annoying then consolidating threads into one big jumbled mess. Especially as something as deep as Renegades. We could easily have over 30 different topics going at once.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Okay, okay... I read you. Maybe I just need to get watching so I can have an opinion about it...

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
yeah, get on it...its better than a poke in the eye

Eddie, please put that thing back in your pants... I don't want it anywhere near me... :D

Well unfortunately for you and the Red Wings, unless they pull off 4 wins in a row, you should have an opening in your viewing schedule... ;)

No kidding!!! 'Course I'd love to see the Sharks knock off the Canucks and the Bolts whack the Bruins... Then I'll still have some hockey to watch...