Big Bang Theory - 3 3/4" Retro figures

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
This line didn't have its own thread so I thought I would start one since some good news is finally coming.

The Horse's Mouth said:
TBBT figures will be available for pre-order next week.

Quick run-down of what we are getting :

5 POA Retroish styled figures

4 Sheldons in different shirts (Batman, Flash, Superman, Green Lantern)
Amy
Leonard
Penny
Raj
Howard
Bernadette

EDIT: Updated the picture in the Archive to better ones now that they are up for pre-order

Big Bang Theory Checklist

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
About time. I'll wait for some actual production pics before I think about head harvesting.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
the head sculpts on these are way better than the ReAction figs...I'll be down for a set or two of these...I really want that Sheldon with the Batman shirt...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They've just gone with the lame retro articulation and not the lame styling.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Ugh...Sheldon is the most annoying character. No one in the real world would tolerate his sh!t for that long.

"I'm sick! Take care of me!"

"F*%# you you whiny grown a$$ man. Take care of yourself. We're going to see a movie."

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
He is really whiny, Still my favorite character on the show up until I stopped watching it. Leonard annoys me way more than Sheldon did. As the show went on it seemed like they went from embracing the nerd culture to making fun of it.

I hope they don't group these all up so you have to pre-order all of them together. I'd only really want 1 one of each and maybe 2 of a couple of them.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
It just makes the show too unrealistic. No one would tolerate that behavior. And certainly not five main characters. For a short period of time, sure. But not for how ever many years the show has been on.

It's like Due Date...I hated that movie because it was just too much. RDJs character woulda told that guy to get bent from the get go.

I just can't accept that aspect of the show (or any show/film) at all. It's annoying. It's like the unlimited ammo magazines in movies. I'm trying to immerse myself and then they toss in something that's too unrealistic to accept. Takes me right out of that world.

I know they need to create drama/tension, but there's gotta be other creative ways besides unbelievable situations.

I love the show. I like Sheldon most of the time. But when they toss in stuff like him being sick and people bending over backwards to help him, I just can't take it. Annoyingly unrealistic.

But what do I know?... The show is a hit!

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
It's s TV show. TV is that thing we use to escape reality. If every show was 100% realistic we would all be clinically depressed.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Looks like Cobra has more potential hostages.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Bif Bang Pow has never been exactly good at this action figure thing.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I was hoping for head sculpts. The blonde chick with glasses is the one I was most interested in, but I can't tell much from the tiny pictures.

Maybe stripping the factory paint will help?

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Are these exclusive to EE? If not, I wonder if any will make it to any retail stores. That is the only way I would get any. Would be hard for me to say no if I saw the dude in one of the Superhero shirts.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Biff Bang Pow seems to have some kind of relationship with EE as their exclusive distributor. Not sure how it all works out but it seems like their stuff is always exclusive to EE's site.

Looks like they will be limited to 2000 though so I doubt they are expecting them to be very popular.

I did order a set (only 1 Sheldon though) I went with the Batman shirt.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I've seen the SDCC Sheldon at Hastings, so I'd imagine they'll be out there, just not at Wal-Mart or Target.

Not that you'll want them if they end up like the SDCC figure. Were talking dollar store bootleg levels of bad paint apps. If they're decent I'll get Bernadette and Blossom, but that'll be about it.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm all for out-o-de-box characters as figures, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna pay money for just any ol' shit that they put out. I've long proffered that these would be great for background civilians and head donors, but seeing what BBP! let go to consumers at SDCC was pretty damn bad.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
I never saw one of those in person but the pictures were pretty bad.
I'm hoping that was what caused such a long delay for these. So that the paint is applied better and not just splashed on.

If it is bad I can always fix it, if I so choose.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Heads, actually eyes, are not my strong suit. That makes fixing these a tad problematic. BBP! should have figured out how to get proper paint apps done by this point. This isn't their first line.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm gonna wait until they're out to render final judgement. I'm hoping for the best.