Body Mods

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
I'll start with the Shocktrooper torso, since it's such a good general purpose one. I won't show you the gritty "in progress" details on some of what I show because I figure you guys should know how to use a dremel, etc.

The end result is the goal.

Pec and Upper Back (for much better fitment of vests, and increased range of motion in shoulders) -

More to come!

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Arm Mods -

Notice the obvious difference between modded and factory.

Utilizing the torso mod, plus elbow(inner bicep) AND forearm cuts -

You get this tight of a shooting pose -

Another example, using Ret 3-pack FF arms modded -

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hadn't occured to me to take it off the forearm as well. Gonna have to remember that next time I do body mods.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
LoL...

Once you try it, and get the results... you'll have no fears doing it whenever you want to.

Plus, once you paint said modded parts, you won't notice/see the cuts. Unless you stare at it, or take too much off and make it very obvious, of course. So start little, and see what you're comfortable with. And I'll add that once you use a vest with these mods, you still have the range. Common sense applies here, whether or not you place any gear near the shoulders to block the movement.

Last edited:

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
By the way, thanks for the pics. Seeing the deliberateness of your cuts really helps. You don't just shave them at the elbow joints, You actually cut them so when they are bent they fit together nicely. That's good to know.

Stryker927

Cobra Project Manager
Aug 13, 2011
Indianapolis, IN
nice, way to go after it. I've moderately modified the arms on 25th figures which were terrible but hadn't gone after it like this. I have a few figs that really need it though. Keep em coming.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I kind of did this on my current WIP. Not to the extreme that is shown here...but will be going in that direction though. There is a world of difference from modded to stock in that top post. I was able to get some decent range from what I did, but would like to amp it up now.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Someone needs to cast the modified arms, make more of them, and sell them.