Boss Fight Studios

shadowwarrior

Enlisted
Nov 9, 2013
Wales, UK
www.flickr.com
Oooo, spooky GitD! In retrospect I should have bought a silver set, as I wouldn't have minded painting those bits.

That looks class bro. I got a set of the unproduced opaque version of the GitD lol

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That looks class bro. I got a set of the unproduced opaque version of the GitD lol
Thanks, it's alright for a tablet camera, I guess. I think I would have preferred opaque.

LEGO is the only one that seems to get GitD right. Those little bastards will glow all night.

Btw did you get any of the big buff blank dudes? Or just sticking to the chicks?

Not yet. I've had an idea or two, but they haven't panned out, and after living with the Myrmidon for a while I'm not sure the fellas are worth the $15.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
While I wait on that damn sword, I'm digging around for ways to accessorize the other buck. If nothing else, BFS got the easy disassembly on these things VERY right.

Thinking I may need to grab a Tree Bark Brown buck and make this heifer:

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
While I wait on that damn sword, I'm digging around for ways to accessorize the other buck. If nothing else, BFS got the easy disassembly on these things VERY right.

One may say you're a slave to the rhythm. I dig that Necromancer/sorceress w.i.p you got going on too.

I've gone down the Shady road, inspired me to cut the skirt area on the male armor sets.

The armor wash was a few gentle goes using the Citadel Base: Mechanicus Standard Grey.

I also mess around with some spare bits and MU She-Hulk/snu-snu parts:

She'd need some sanding in the back hip area so the blank torso can close proper when standing straight. Had to sand down the shoulder pins so they fit into the Blank ports.

I'll post my Hob-Goblin later ;)

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I love that song. ;) I agree that cutting the skirt off and using soft goods is the way to go on these. I recognize X-23's wrist piece on the left one, but where are the bits on your fella's right arm from? I need to get a set of the Athenian-style armor and paint it up proper to go with Budo's.

So much to do with this line.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
I love that song. ;) I agree that cutting the skirt off and using soft goods is the way to go on these. I recognize X-23's wrist piece on the left one, but where are the bits on your fella's right arm from? I need to get a set of the Athenian-style armor and paint it up proper to go with Budo's.

So much to do with this line.

They're off the Mcfarlane Prince of Persia 1/18 movie line. Sadly his other wrist gauntlet is sculpted as part of the arm. H e came single carded but the gate is a good piece to have too.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Some highlights from today's Roll Out Roll Call panel:
1. There will be a Wave 6, details coming tomorrow. Three figures revealed are:
* Anakritis Gorgon
* Berzerker
* Achilles
2. Concept art shown for the Vitruvian Crew, who travel through time and space. While most characters were not named, the crew consists of:
* an android
* girl with machine gun
* doctor
* Leonidas in future gear
* Vi, the ship's personification
* guy wearing goggles...
Vi will be the first figure from the crew to be available.
3. Some digital sculpts shown for Series 2, the fantasy series.
4. Entire design and manufacturing processes discussed. The video is well worth a watch to just learn about the level of effort required to produce these fantastic figures.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Initial thoughts from the iPotato video:

Achilles looks pretty pimp, the Berzerker is a gorgon (blah), but she might have a cool paint scheme. Virtuvian Crew doesn't sound all that interesting, but you never know. Hopefully Vi is more than a Cortana clone.

Oh, fun fact, Dagobah Luke's hands plug perfectly into the female HACKS buck. We just need them to do it in a pale flesh tone.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Lol!

I still gotta make copies,the story of my casting life tho! Everything is held up by mold making...I got you tho! I got her rifle too btw.

That's with the Bossfight hip piece btw. The top pic is the lower torso front just lying on the hip piece,that's why it's not plugged in,that,and I only have one center piece. If I plugged it in there's no way it's coming out without breaking. Surprisingly the arms plugged right in,although the laft arm hole isn't deep enough,need to get a bit for my dremmel to deepen it a tad,so the arm snaps in all the way.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I've got an M60E3, a ball cap and I even have a Stoccos' old cut-off jean shorts torso I could repurpose. :D

Probably use comic Andrea's head, as I can't think of any anime ones that will scale.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
There's a Vortious upper torso that's very similar to that pic. I have one in my work area I cut the neck off of,and was planning to modify that connects to the Zanya lower torso pretty well.

I have a bunch of anime heads from Monte,haven't had time to pick through them. I've probably been home 3 days the entire month of July. I'm finishing off everyone else's stuff first before starting on anything new. I'll make a mold of the Bossfight hip joint first chance I get to finally make molds tho,so this can progress to a standing figure...it probably takes 2-3 hours to make a mold box,lol. Reason I dread it.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The one he has would work better, but $10.50 is more than I want to pay for an upper torso, and you know patience isn't one of my virtues. :trollface: I wouldn't mind seeing a pic of all the stuff Monte sent you.

Oh, Wave 5 of the HACKS Greeks goes up for preorder at midnight tonight.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Concept art for the HACKS-compatible zombies in that video. Surprisingly disappointing. Looks like there's gonna be room for Resident Evil/Left For Dead-style mutant zombies, if that's your bag.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Catrina said the control art for the zombies was done before the decision to make them HACKompatible, so allow for them to increase in coolness from what we've been shown. I'm keenly interested in whether the four-arm adapter will work with regular HACKS, most notably the Gorgons.

And the possibility for a timeship playset? *SWOON*

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I hope so. I'd fucking love to do a Kali custom using a four-armed HACKS buck.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I got mine in (ordered the dark brown blank buck and white nude flesh female buck, and a single bone-colored skeleton) and while I'm impressed with the sculpting, the skeleton annoys me. Are the lower legs being extremely bowed outward a common problem?

No idea what I'm doing with them but I wanted to support BFS. Wish I'd gotten actual figures though, and not just the paintless blanks.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Thin plastic, and not being supported in a tray... will cause limbs to bow. A few of mine also have very slightly bowed forearms.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yup, I believe just about everyone's skeleton(s) had some bowing. Anyone else finding that the large hoplon is just too much for the skeletons to hold over time?

In other news, I found that the old JAKKS Pacific UFC 3.75 figures' heads scale pretty damn well to the HACKS buck.

And that Kimbo Slice repainted would make a great Vultan.

Lerath666

The Unwashed
Jun 6, 2012
Has anyone tried putting the male arms and legs on the female torso to make a "death by snu-snu" Amazon?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
And I just broke the fucking hip peg on my female buck undoing that goddamn swap.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Probably not. I'll just epoxy a Joe t-bar in there, if I bother with it at all.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Stealing a Fwoosher's post:
KnightDamien said:
For those that didn't see it; the 7th (and likely final, before the Fantasy series) wave of Greek figures was semi-revealed in the form of headshots on the back of the packaging for wave 5.

They all look pretty awesome from just what I can see. I'm betting on the Myrmex Warrior or Warrior Skeleton being my favorite. But the Gorgon Serpentess could be pretty incredible.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Money's been tight for a while now, and I've owed a buddy some money; so I've not been able to keep up with the releases. But I put in for a snakey Medusa and Green Dude for my buddy (Greenie's gonna be to make Hal Jordan, he says) and a Penthesilea for myself. I'm largely kinda cool on the dudes of waves 5-7, but I gotta get all the ladies and Gorgons