Broken Arrow Toys

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think eventually all the caster guys get behind. I've only heard good things about Raginspoon and I've dealt with Asphalt too, with great feedback. But even SDS, who has basically extended my customizing efforts for the last 2 years due to their sculpts, takes forever to get stuff out.

It's annoying, but I just learned to deal with it. It's a really niche hobby and there aren't many guys who sculpt and/or cast 1:18 scale items with the quality that they do.

I'm not saying it's fine, or anything. But it's definitely a "buyer beware" thing. Aly's got some cool shit, but I steered clear as it is due to the feedback.

All I'm tryin' to say that these guys have got a legit gripe. A couple of months and 2 years is a pretty damn big difference.

I simply can't see it any other way. It's a cast toy part, not a hand-built luxury car with a waiting list or a custom firearm. If he can't handle the load he shouldn't be doing it. At the very least all new orders should be suspended until ALL outstanding transactions are cleared, either through delivery of product or refund.

Perhaps I stated my opinion poorly. It happens. That's life.

Those three alone should be grounds to quarantine the entire continent. :D

I kinda like MaW. :headinsand:

Oliverbox

I Ride with CLAYMORE!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Alexandria, VA
As for the situation, although he states that projects will get done when they get done that is not a contract. There needs to be a reasonable time frame to get something. Most of the stuff is made from molds already done so time is what has to be put into it. Once you take someone's money, you should make it priority to get them what they paid for. That's just good business. I think because of his attitude towards people that's why he gets a lot of flak but some of the time frames for stuff is way too long. If he can't handle doing something within a 6 month period he honestly should consider not doing this.

I agree with all of this. That would be the best way to do it. It just isn't the way it is... and a lot of us have spent money and are waiting. We have to try to deal with the situation as it is. Is that selfish? Of course, everyone of us who deals with him is buying expensive custom toys for ourselves... that's pretty selfish. We all want what we paid for. It's pretty equally selfish. I will however, have to think long and hard about ordering another Custom Figure Kit again when these are done.

Now comparing the time frame to a custom firearm is somewhat of a stretch though. These items are mostly cast from already made things and if not there are molds for the other stuff in question. A custom gun requires precision crafting most of the time. It also has no room for error where a plastic figure can have flaws and be corrected by the owner.

A lot has been made out of this comparison. The gun company I used in my example was STI. They're in Texas, and they make 1911's and 2011's (their own updated version of the 1911, and very little else besides parts for those guns. Their machines are set up to produce those parts, and then they're hand fitted. It's not like you can tell them to make a Colt Peacemaker and they'll do it from scratch.

Of course making a fire arm is much more difficult than making a Toy. I never said it wasn't. I'm an NRA member and I shoot 1911's regularly. I own a 2 Kimbers and I'm very familiar with STI's work. But the argument was about expected delivery times on products that have to be made/finished/assembled after they're paid for... a firearm is just one of the examples I gave. And STI, in particular, which only makes 2 kinds of pistols, is an example. Was it the greatest example of all time? No. Was I arguing before the Supreme Court? No. It was a quick example/response in a forum.

I understand that that most of this comes from another site but the members here are members there so discussions will get carried over sometimes. That's just life. If anything gets out of control we'll have Ewok send the person a PM. :D

Obviously there are no rules about what happened. And I certainly understand that discussions can carry over... but what happened here, was pretty rude. Now I'm a big boy. Are my feelings hurt? No. These guys aren't worth that. But was it disrespectful, and rude? Sure. It was pretty low class and bush league, and when I called them on it, they're response is: Get over your "butt hurt". "We're a--holes, and we're entitled!" etc.

So, am I leaving the forum? No. Do I think the forum is really the cool alternative to Hisstank that I once thought it was? No... and today it felt like the place for rejects for the Tank who are too socially inhibited to be there.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm a fibbber and a hypocrit. I can admit to it.

You don't seem to like it here anymore, so I guess we can bid you adeiu. We're certainly not going to run you off, or censor your posts in any manner, but if you don't think we're a cool alternative to HT then no need to stay, correct?

Oliverbox

I Ride with CLAYMORE!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Alexandria, VA
Oliver, you know good and well that's not even an option with 99.985% of the mooks over there. :D

I'll grant that.
But I would like to think that even though I haven't been around much here lately, y'all know who I am. I never use profanity, and I'm pretty respectful to everyone until they poke me with a stick. AND I AM STILL A MEMBER HERE. This place was like a club when I joined. Members of the Fighting 118th looked out for each other, and gave each other the benefit of the doubt.

There has always been some good natured ribbing, but the comments made about me today when I wasn't even logged in, were as childish and petty as any I've seen on the Tank in a long time. And I never treat anyone here that way. And I don't act that way even when I'm on the Tank. It's just disappointing and insulting.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I agree with all of this. That would be the best way to do it. It just isn't the way it is... and a lot of us have spent money and are waiting. We have to try to deal with the situation as it is. Is that selfish? Of course, everyone of us who deals with him is buying expensive custom toys for ourselves... that's pretty selfish. We all want what we paid for. It's pretty equally selfish. I will however, have to think long and hard about ordering another Custom Figure Kit again when these are done.

A lot has been made out of this comparison. The gun company I used in my example was STI. They're in Texas, and they make 1911's and 2011's (their own updated version of the 1911, and very little else besides parts for those guns. Their machines are set up to produce those parts, and then they're hand fitted. It's not like you can tell them to make a Colt Peacemaker and they'll do it from scratch.

Of course making a fire arm is much more difficult than making a Toy. I never said it wasn't. I'm an NRA member and I shoot 1911's regularly. I own a 2 Kimbers and I'm very familiar with STI's work. But the argument was about expected delivery times on products that have to be made/finished/assembled after they're paid for... a firearm is just one of the examples I gave. And STI, in particular, which only makes 2 kinds of pistols, is an example. Was it the greatest example of all time? No. Was I arguing before the Supreme Court? No. It was a quick example/response in a forum.

Obviously there are no rules about what happened. And I certainly understand that discussions can carry over... but what happened here, was pretty rude. Now I'm a big boy. Are my feelings hurt? No. These guys aren't worth that. But was it disrespectful, and rude? Sure. It was pretty low class and bush league, and when I called them on it, they're response is: Get over your "butt hurt". "We're a--holes, and we're entitled!" etc.

So, am I leaving the forum? No. Do I think the forum is really the cool alternative to Hisstank that I once thought it was? No... and today it felt like the place for rejects for the Tank who are too socially inhibited to be there.

Seriously, is this all about someone commenting that you made a stupid comparison??

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It's about the venue in which said comment was made, NSA.

Oliverbox

I Ride with CLAYMORE!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Alexandria, VA
I'm a fibbber and a hypocrit. I can admit to it.

You don't seem to like it here anymore, so I guess we can bid you adeiu. We're certainly not going to run you off, or censor your posts in any manner, but if you don't think we're a cool alternative to HT then no need to stay, correct?

You were perhaps doing better before the edit. The notion that you changed "liar" to "fibber" rather negates the validity of the second sentence.

This is about the second time today you've figured that I should leave. And what I've been made to understand is that you're not able to run me off or cencor my posts. And I didn't say that I think everyone on this forum isn't cool. There are lots of cool people and old friends on this forum... but that ignore feature is looking pretty good for you, partner.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You were perhaps doing better before the edit.

This is about the second time today you've figured that I should leave. And what I've been made to understand is that you're not able to run me off or cencor my posts. And I didn't say that I think everyone on this forum isn't cool. There are lots of cool people and old friends on this forum... but that ignore feature is looking pretty good for you, partner.

Hell, even if I was a mod I wouldn't do that stuff.

Hey, do what you gotta, chief.

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
Oh yeah, Kenny.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenny_%282006_film%29

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hmm, INXS I'll give you. AC/DC before Brian Johnson, too. Midnight Oil, I know a little.

Didn't know LRB was Australian, though.

Oliverbox

I Ride with CLAYMORE!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Alexandria, VA
Oh come now. This. Is. The. Internet!

The fact that no one has called you a faggot or threatened to 'come beat you up', or insulted your mother yet is proof we are a cut above.

Well, I would welcome all challengers.
Except for the claims of homosexuality. I found that such answering such statements with stuff like "Come and try it" rarely turns out well.

And since this isn't Hisstank, I feel compelled to offer this constructive criticism: you used WAY too many periods in that first statement. That might become an issue in a professional work environment. ;)

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Dammit, Cloud. You got the entire knitting circle on your cycle! I leave for a few hours and look what happens!

I know, right? It's funny really. All I did today was post in Aly's feedback thread on the 'Tank and over here about a bad transaction and things blow up. Not that I mind. It's provided adequate reading material since I got home from work. I just think it's funny that someone is defending a business as if it's their own. Heck, it might score him brownie points an he'll get his order quicker :D. I had used to have that mentality and then I realized that he fluffing Aly's nuts doesn't get you jack crap.

If he can't handle the load he shouldn't be doing it. At the very least all new orders should be suspended until ALL outstanding transactions are cleared, either through delivery of product or refund.

This sums up my thoughts exactly. I guess I was young and naive then (It was 2 years ago) when I placed the order. I mean I totally should have realized it was going to take 2 years or longer to get an order.

Where I went wrong was assuming that due to the orders I had previously placed came in relatively quick, that it may take 6 months to a year at the most for the order to ship. If I had been familiar with his feedback before placing the order, it would never have been placed.

I'm sure plenty of people have been made well aware of his business practices today though.

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
I love how Oliver's final retort is an insult. 'Noob'.

Oliver, nothing against you personally, but that was pretty funny. You've inspired me to punctuate my insults with "noob" irl.

Can't wait to try out "Where did you fucking learn to drive, noob!!!" tomorrow.

Oliverbox

I Ride with CLAYMORE!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Alexandria, VA
I know, right? It's funny really. All I did today was post in Aly's feedback thread on the 'Tank and over here about a bad transaction and things blow up. Not that I mind. It's provided adequate reading material since I got home from work. I just think it's funny that someone is defending a business as if it's their own. Heck, it might score him brownie points an he'll get his order quicker :D. I had used to have that mentality and then I realized that he fluffing Aly's nuts doesn't get you jack crap.

Who is defending his business as if it's their own? No one here or on the Tank has tried to make any defense or excuses for why the stuff is late. But the truth is, by being polite I have had better interactions with Aly. And if the business shuts down completely because someone sues him, all of us with outstanding orders may lose our money and never get the stuff.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Aaaaand... Like I said before, being nice and cordial has gotten me jack crap. Aaaand again, count yourself one of the lucky ones. The fact is, it's the principle of the matter and you're willing to let it slide b/c it will be an inconvenience. Unlike you, I don't have the assurance or confidence that I'll get what I ordered. He's screwed people over in the past, who's to say he won't do it again, and this time, me or even you?

Oliverbox

I Ride with CLAYMORE!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Alexandria, VA
Oliver, nothing against you personally, but that was pretty funny. You've inspired me to punctuate my insults with "noob" irl.

Can't wait to try out "Where did you fucking learn to drive, noob!!!" tomorrow.

You're wecome, sir.
I was on the Sideshow Collectibles forum once in a thread discussion the 12" Joe figures. Anyway there was a discussion about the proper color of Flint's beret. Those guys were very interested in 12" figures, but they didn't know a lot about G.I. Joe. Anyway, when I disagreed with a few of the members, they started calling me "noob", as in "New Guy". I remember how frustrated I was that my informed opinoin about Joes was completely disregarded by guys who knew nothing about Joes simply because I was new to the forum. So I filed "noob" away in my memory for some new guy that got out of line one day.

It was unkind, and I later apologized in the thread. That's also something I believe in: when one says something inappropriate, or unkind, or just wrong, one should admit to it and apologize. And if one screws up in public, one should publically apologize. Refusal to apologize, in my opinion, is certain evidence of a lack of maturity and and an unhealthy level of self entitlement and pride.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Well everyone would have to go after him for their money if it got shut down. Thing is, he should still have it available if the product is not in hand. Now realistically I doubt that is the case. For the future he should consider a deposit on stuff like that. This way if he doesn't come through in a reasonable time the buyer could just get their deposit back easy. Thing is, the man really needs to consider a better business template. The current one is somewhat unreliable.

It just comes down to if he can't manage to give people what they pay for in a reasonable time frame then he should consider either not doing the whole figures or consider canning the business. If it's not a main source of income then it would not be a huge loss.

Is he going to be at Joe Con? If that was the case then it would kind of be a kick in the teeth to those that are still waiting.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
It was unkind, and I later apologized in the thread. That's also something I believe in: when one says something inappropriate, or unkind, or just wrong, one should admit to it and apologize. And if one screws up in public, one should publically apologize. Refusal to apologize, in my opinion, is certain evidence of a lack of maturity and and an unhealthy level of self entitlement and pride.

Don't let Aly read that.

Oliverbox

I Ride with CLAYMORE!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Alexandria, VA
Aaaaand... Like I said before, being nice and cordial has gotten me jack crap. Aaaand again, count yourself one of the lucky ones. The fact is, it's the principle of the matter and you're willing to let it slide b/c it will be an inconvenience. Unlike you, I don't have the assurance or confidence that I'll get what I ordered. He's screwed people over in the past, who's to say he won't do it again, and this time, me or even you?

I do see your points, but I just don't think it's fair to go around and around in increasingly pejorative circles. No one was defending his business like it was their own. And no one was "fluffing his nuts", which is just crass. Obviously, you should handle your situation as you see fit. So should the other gentlemen who has contacted a lawyer. But ya'll brought those ideas to the 'Tank, and I commented on it.

And yes, in the past, I think that because I've tried to be a friend to Aly, he's treated me as a friend in business.

Oliverbox

I Ride with CLAYMORE!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Alexandria, VA
Well everyone would have to go after him for their money if it got shut down. Thing is, he should still have it available if the product is not in hand. Now realistically I doubt that is the case. For the future he should consider a deposit on stuff like that. This way if he doesn't come through in a reasonable time the buyer could just get their deposit back easy. Thing is, the man really needs to consider a better business template. The current one is somewhat unreliable.

It just comes down to if he can't manage to give people what they pay for in a reasonable time frame then he should consider either not doing the whole figures or consider canning the business. If it's not a main source of income then it would not be a huge loss.

Is he going to be at Joe Con? If that was the case then it would kind of be a kick in the teeth to those that are still waiting.

I can't imagine that he won't be at JoeCon this year. He's in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, and the Con is in New Orleans. I do think your deposit idea is a good one, but it's hard to tell a person that they can't run their business the way they want.

Look, I don't know how much more clearly I can say it: I'm waiting too, and I've spent a lot of money. All that is true. I am one of those who is suffering from the problem. However, I knew the deal when I placed my orders. It was no mystery. Is 2 years extreme? Of course it is. Is nearly a year extreme for figures that cost $65? yes. But I knew all that when I got into this, and what else can I do but be patient and post feedback.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I do see your points, but I just don't think it's fair to go around and around in increasingly pejorative circles. No one was defending his business like it was their own. And no one was "fluffing his nuts", which is just crass. Obviously, you should handle your situation as you see fit. So should the other gentlemen who has contacted a lawyer. But ya'll brought those ideas to the 'Tank, and I commented on it.

And yes, in the past, I think that because I've tried to be a friend to Aly, he's treated me as a friend in business.

Aaaand again, you keep coming back around to how he's treated you. I could care less how he's treated you. I'm concerned with how he's treating me right now. I'm glad you 2 are on good terms. I'm starting to think you just want to rub it in...

Oliverbox

I Ride with CLAYMORE!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Alexandria, VA
Aaaand again, you keep coming back around to how he's treated you. I could care less how he's treated you. I'm concerned with how he's treating me right now. I'm glad you 2 are on good terms. I'm starting to think you just want to rub it in...

Well, after the "fluffing his nuts" comment, I do have to wonder how "polite" you may have actually been in your correspondence. But, no, I'm not rubbing it in... However, your circular arguments begining with "Aaaaand again" are not any more repetative than my responses. Are you trying to rub something in?

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Don't let Aly read what? That I apologized for calling another Tanker an unkind name? Why would that be a problem?

It's nice to know that you're not holding Aly up to this standard. It's clear that he's screwed people over and has yet to publicly apologize. So, in your words, he is exhibiting "certain evidence of a lack of maturity and and an unhealthy level of self entitlement and pride".