Broken Arrow Toys

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I've seen where some of you have wanted some of this stuff for your customs and whatnot. So, I thought I'd share that these are available to order.

Modern Flight Helmet
http://www.brokenarrowtoys.com/cart/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=9

Air Adventurer Helmet
http://www.brokenarrowtoys.com/cart/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=942

Jet Pilot Alt. Gear
http://www.brokenarrowtoys.com/cart/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=219

HALO Gear
http://www.brokenarrowtoys.com/cart/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=742

Last edited:

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
Has anyone ordered from Broken Arrow before? If so, how was the experience (level of service, quality of casts, wait time, etc)?
I'd read some bad reviews, but I'm not sure if this is the same shop.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
The quality is good but I ordered a couple heads and helms and it took nearly 3 months to arrive. Not half as long as some people wait, but all the same, it's far too long for me to want to order again.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I bought the Modern Flight helmet because the HALO gear was out of stock, but I essentially painted the green helmet black and added the O2 tank that Cloud was nice enough to send me...

My last order was over a year ago from there. The order did take a little while, but he clearly states that it will take time on the front page. I have never ordered a full figure kit, but that seems to be where all the angst and frustration seems to be from. Which is why I've avoided it (the upfront honesty deterred me, as I would probably be no longer interested by the time it finally arrived... He does have a disclaimer, so I don't see why 90% of the complainers get all bent out of shape about it.)

I had an order get lost in the mail, and he offered to replace it as I was calm and polite in the emails with him. It ended up showing up almost 2 weeks later, at no fault of his (my old PO was run by halfwits) so he never had to follow through, but he was good with responses.

I've ordered a few items, maybe $100 total, over the last 4 years. I've never had any issues other than the store is never in-stock with items when I'm looking for them. :(

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I really want some of the regular army helmets and such for some Joe Kitbashes I have in mind, but I just can not pay the money they want for some of those. For five dollars I can head out and buy a forces of favor figure that comes with weapons and accessories AND the helmet.

But I somewhat understand the flight helmet thing I suppose, that's not something that comes with every other FOV figure.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I have ordered many times from Aly.

Orders that contained head sculpts, helmets, hands, etc...(small pieces) have always shipped pretty quick and arrived in what I would consider a timely manner (maybe a month, or a little over a the latest). So, no problems or complaints there.

I placed a couple of orders that contained action figure kits last year. I've received 2 of the figures so far and they're top-notch. In all honesty, they're just as good as the figures Hasbro produce. What's awesome is that he casts the pieces of the figures in the appropriate color. So, you either dont have to paint that piece (I didn't have to paint any green on my Falcon figure other than the neckerchief and beret), or you've got a base color close enough to what it's suppose to be that it doesn't require many coats of paint and you don't have to worry about the joints rubbing the paint and exposing a completely different color.

It does seem like a long time to wait for some figures, but when you consider that he casts all the pieces in the appropriate colors and puts them together for you, you start to understand the wait time. I'm sure he probably waits until he's got a lot of pieces that utilize the color of resin that he needs for the kits to help reduce waste and costs. And of course, he also has a ton of smaller orders he tries to fill and keep from getting backed up as well. Also, he states that the wait time can be long on complete figure kits.

Hope that helps!

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
I got a flight helmet a while back. The plastic was very hard. It wouldn't fit the figure's head. So I boiled it. Then it fit. However once it cooled off I couldn't get it off his head. I ended up breaking up the face mask to get it off.
It also took a while to get here. Shipping was over priced too.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Well, after waiting nearly 20 months, yes, over a year and a half, and not receiving 3 action figure kits that I paid for, I feel I have to let everyone know what to expect if you ever think about ordering action figure kits from Broken Arrow Toys.

When you inquire, 1 of 2 things will happen:

1. You'll get a response saying something along the lines of, "Your figure kits will be shipping (usually the next month)", and yet nothing shows up months later.

2. You won't get a response at all.

I'm a patient person, and not belligerent by any means, and so my e-mailed inquiries have been nothing but cordial and respectful. So, I don't believe I've given him any valid reason to justify not responding.

I will be honest and say that all of my orders containing head-sculpts and accessories have been filled in what I consider a timely manner (usually within a month or 2). Action figure kits are a whole other story though. I've actually asked for a refund in the past few e-mails I've sent that I haven't received a response to, but no refund or response.

I've often tried to defend Aly, but I'm past that now. After reading his responses to customers on Hisstank, it has become blatantly obvious that he is unprofessional in how he conducts his business, and customer service.

So, if any of you are in the same boat as me, good luck! If you're thinking about purchasing from Broken Arrow Toys, you now know what could happen. Also, I highly recommend people check his feedback thread over at Hisstank before purchasing.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I do enjoy how the thread 'over there' was locked. Guess you can't speak against Aly anywhere.

XOC2008

Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Name: Alyosha
Custom Title: Nemesis Creator
Position: Administrator
Date Registered: February 20, 2008, 06:59:21 PM
Last Active: January 12, 2012, 08:41:51 PM

As you can see, he hasn't even been to his own forum in almost a month.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think cutting loose the whole full figure kit line would be a benefit to him. That seems to be a source of a lot of customer grief.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I've only ordered once from him..and yeah it took a while, but I got my stuff. I can't think about waiting that long for something without even a 'my bad' to show for it.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I do enjoy how the thread 'over there' was locked. Guess you can't speak against Aly anywhere.

I noticed that this morning.

In all honesty, I'm not trying to bash Aly or attack his integrity as a person. I'm just trying to bring attention to an issue that needs to be resolved, b/c trying to do it in private like he requests results in nothing. That's just way too much money to have tied up for that long.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
People need to know what they are getting in to when ordering from him. It shouldn't be hidden from the public...they have a right to know. No one seems to complain when Slayer gets bashed about missing orders, or lack of communication. I guess Aly is just that special.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar

XOC2008

Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
I saw that! It's good to know that even though he doesn't give a guarantee date of products paid for, there are laws in place that require he provide them within 30 days of the day they were paid for.

I'll be checking the links he provided. I might just open a small court claim against him.

Just watch that you don't end up spending more than what he owes you. I have a feeling that the whole debacle is a catch 22. Sure, you might get your refund, but what did it cost you in the end. It might be more beneficial, if you find that cost for court > refund, that you see how many people were screwed and try and get them to go in with you. That should mitigate any other costs that might be incurred.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I love how Oliver's final retort is an insult. 'Noob'.

Way to go. Way. To. Go.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I don't believe he compared the wait for a custom firearm to that of a fucking toy cast.

Dude has been waiting since April '10, that's close to 2 years now. BAT is in the wrong here.

I think that Oliverbox guy used to post here. Feh.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Just watch that you don't end up spending more than what he owes you. I have a feeling that the whole debacle is a catch 22. Sure, you might get your refund, but what did it cost you in the end. It might be more beneficial, if you find that cost for court > refund, that you see how many people were screwed and try and get them to go in with you. That should mitigate any other costs that might be incurred.

I honestly don't think he's going to drive or fly to Tennessee to settle a small court claim over $190. It wouldn't be worth his gas money or plane ticket. Not only that, I would request he paid court costs. I think he would refund the money if he was served a court summons.

The other part is that it would be worth it he came up here just to have a stop put to poor business practices.

I love how Oliver's final retort is an insult. 'Noob'.

Way to go. Way. To. Go.

Dude, he's so frickin' selfish in his post it's sickening. Does he not realize that it's the principle of the matter? I'm out $190, that dude is out $85, MSWI is out money for a figure kit (all 3 of us have been waiting over a year and a half)... How many others are there and how much money is he sitting on that he hasn't provided products for orders over a year?!

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
I don't believe he compared the wait for a custom firearm to that of a fucking toy cast.

That's far from the most ridiculous comparison I've seen made on the Internet lately, but it is up there.

Oliver is a member here - I haven't seen him post in a while though. (According to his page he hasn't posted since November, although he logged in yesterday) For that matter, Alyosha is a member here too.

XOC2008

Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
I've been waiting about 3 months for a part now.. I'd rage but $20 just wasn't worth it to me, and I've already got enough litigation going on to last me a lifetime.

XOC2008

Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Oliver's complaints are certainly self-centered. "If you sue I'll NEVER get my toys." It amazes me how some people feel they are above everyone else.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Plastic Army Men.

Serious Business.

I agree that it is the principle of it all. If you take payment, that's a promise to fulfill your obligation to the buyer.

It's a simple concept.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I've seen this kind of behavior Alyosha is exhibiting.

Vendor bites off more than they can chew.

Vendor starts taking money from NEW orders to finish off old orders.

Vendor gets so far behind he cuts contact with everyone.

The one time the vendor does speak publicly he pulls the "I'll do what I want, when I want and the "customers" can kiss my ass!" card.

Usually the last step is, said vendor completely closes shop leaving all customers high and dry. Vendor will then either stay that way, or attempt to re-open under a new name and on other boards.

Believe me, I've seen it played out this way MANY times.

Oliverbox

I Ride with CLAYMORE!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Alexandria, VA

Dude has been waiting since April '10, that's close to 2 years now. BAT is in the wrong here.

I still do post here. Wow. Is this really the forum where we just comment on what's going on in the other forum? And then talk about the members behind their backs? Wow. Nice one, guys. Real classy.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
No one said anything behind your back. It's in an public section of forum.

I'm glad you're here, now you can try and justify your flawed stance on the subject to us.

Oliverbox

I Ride with CLAYMORE!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Alexandria, VA
Oliver's complaints are certainly self-centered. "If you sue I'll NEVER get my toys." It amazes me how some people feel they are above everyone else.

I think I said something closer to: "we all may not get our toys if Aly has to shut is business down." As in all of us who are waiting on our orders. I don't think it's that selfish.

Besides that, guys... seriously?
You can't just have your own discussion about the topic without a blow-blow comentary about the conversation? Or you can't just respond to me and call me names over there? This is pretty bad.

Oliverbox

I Ride with CLAYMORE!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Alexandria, VA
That's far from the most ridiculous comparison I've seen made on the Internet lately, but it is up there.

Oliver is a member here - I haven't seen him post in a while though. (According to his page he hasn't posted since November, although he logged in yesterday) For that matter, Alyosha is a member here too.

Et Tu, Fogger? I thought we were friends.

Oliverbox

I Ride with CLAYMORE!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Alexandria, VA
No one said anything behind your back. It's in an public section of forum.

I'm glad you're here, now you can try and justify your flawed stance on the subject to us.

Really? You're going with the "Public section of the Forum" defense?
If you thought my stance was so flawed, why didn't you just join that conversation? Or was it just easier to come over here, where you couldn't really remember if I was a member or not, to post your opinions about me?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Do you really want me to go over there to tell you that I think you're the one being unreasonable?

That one guy has waited 22 months with nothing to show for it but excuses. If this was anything other than custom toy parts being made by a fellow collector legal remedies would have already been taking. How long do any of those guys have to wait?

If he can't deliver the fucking parts in a reasonable time frame (and no, 2 years isn't reasonable, I don't give a damn what his disclaimer says) then A: He should refund them the money B: Seriuosly consider not offerng the kits at all, seeing as they seem to be the source of issues I constantly read about.

Oliverbox

I Ride with CLAYMORE!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Alexandria, VA
Do you really want me to go over there to tell you that I think you're the one being unreasonable?

That one guy has waited 22 months with nothing to show for it but excuses. If this was anything other than custom toy parts being made by a fellow collector legal remedies would have already been taking. How long do any of those guys have to wait?

If he can't deliver the fucking parts in a reasonable time frame (and no, 2 years isn't reasonable, I don't give a damn what his disclaimer says) then A: He should refund them the money B: Seriuosly consider not offerng the kits at all, seeing as they seem to be the source of issues I constantly read about.

Sure I do. If you've got a problem with my argument, feel free to come over there and voice your opinion. But don't act like I'm "just some guy who maybe used to post over here" and then talk about how stupid my arguments are over here where I'm clearly not logged in, or in a position to respond. I really think you're better than that.

As for his situation, the guy shows up on the forum with like 6 posts total and complains about his $85. I've still got $325 worth of products that I'm waiting for from Aly. I started a whole tread about it on this forum a while back. I've been waiting for like 11 monthes. And the new guy wants to sue Aly... yeah, I think that could be a problem for the rest of us who have a lot of money tied up in stuff that we're waiting for.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
My word over there is last I'm gonna say on it, at either location.

I doubt will be seing you again anyhow. You obviously don't care for the place, which is fine.