Broken Arrow Toys

Grepdogg

AIRMAN OF DOOM
Jun 10, 2012
AZ
Alyosha aka John aka Broken Arrow Toys owes me $156 or the products I ordered from August of last year. It is now May 2013.

Not a single one of his ever-changing emails works or gets responded to. He even shut down his FORUM on Broken Arrow Toys.

Never had a "real" problem before, but it looks like I somehow made it to his shit list after asking about my parts after 4 months - and being continuously ignored of course.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
That's a lot of cash to be sitting on with nothing to show for it, at least in this hobby.

I kept up a once a month hisstank pm whenever I saw that he was active on the site asking him about my stuff...took him over a year to send me two pieces worth $12.

Good luck and keep flaming him...

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I think nearly everyone in the greater joe community has a similar story. I just got an order I placed last april, one piece worth about $10, supposedly "in stock" when I ordered it. :rolleyes:

However, nothing about BA surprises me. I avoid dealing with him unless he just has something really unique and killer that I must have, and then I go in with ridiculously low expectations. Otherwise, I try to deal with one of the other casters that actually seems to give a damn about their customers and the collecting community. Some are faster than others, but there are a lot who try hard to deliver and try to be responsive and friendly. BA... not so much.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
I think nearly everyone in the greater joe community has a similar story. I just got an order I placed last april, one piece worth about $10, supposedly "in stock" when I ordered it. :rolleyes:

However, nothing about BA surprises me. I avoid dealing with him unless he just has something really unique and killer that I must have, and then I go in with ridiculously low expectations. Otherwise, I try to deal with one of the other casters that actually seems to give a damn about their customers and the collecting community. Some are faster than others, but there are a lot who try hard to deliver and try to be responsive and friendly. BA... not so much.

that's the bitch of it all...he's got some great sculpts that I would definitely throw some money at but it's just not worth the hassle and wait time.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Haha ^^

Like nacho said, only order from BAT if you are willing to accept that it will (most likely) take an EXTREMELY long time to get your order, or possibly not at all...it's a crap shoot

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
but it's just not worth the wait time.

I never understood this line of thinking. If you don't want to deal with the hassle that's understandable, but not ordering to not deal with the wait time doesn't make sense. If you order and it takes 6 months, yes you waited 6 months but if you don't order at all you are still going those same 6 months without that item except after 6 months you still won't have it.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
I never understood this line of thinking. If you don't want to deal with the hassle that's understandable, but not ordering to not deal with the wait time doesn't make sense. If you order and it takes 6 months, yes you waited 6 months but if you don't order at all you are still going those same 6 months without that item except after 6 months you still won't have it.

I think for many people it has more to do with estimated wait time vs. actual wait time. From the site:

* After your order status has been changed to "processing", the available items will be pulled from inventory and packed for shipping. This can take about 4 weeks. Right now, order processing is taking 4 to 6 weeks.

4 to 6 weeks. Not 4 to 6 months. If I'm being told processing time is 4-6 weeks, I expect that to change in about 4 to 6 weeks. In my case, I don't expect to be at month 8 with nothing to show for it, and all I paid for(which was money for a service that has not been provided), was a few small, supposedly in-stock items.

Granted, if I never ordered there's the possibility I might not have what I want, but at least I'd have the money to purchase something else, or something equivalent from someone with a better reputation. I'm not even sure I'll ever get what I paid for, despite sending a couple emails inquiring about my purchase(MONTHS after the 4-6 week period).

I'm very selective and careful about who I make purchases from these days.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
People hate uncertainty, and dealing with BA is the ultimate uncertainty. You don't know when or if you'll get a package, and you don't even have the ability to check the status of anything because you're either ignored or admonished for being such a PITA for asking.

It's not hard to see why people don't like having their money tied up in something that vague. And he blows right through the paypal 45 day dispute deadline, so you have no recourse if the whole transaction goes south. To be fair, Aly has always delivered my stuff, but the delivery time gets longer and longer with each order. And after the whole SDS mess, it's pretty easy to start wondering which transaction is the one that you'll simply never get.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011

How does it not make sense? You talk with your wallet. If someone can't produce items in a timely manner than do not support them. Thing is with BA, it could go well past 6 months depending on how he does things. I personally rather not have the item than give someone like that money. Everyone is different though. Some people will grab their ankles and hope for the best.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
All joking aside, I'd love for him to come on here and defend himself, or at least set the record right if he feels he's been slighted or whatever.

The worst thing for anyone to do is just hunker down and "hope" people forget or whatever.

Ridgeback

Enlisted
Jun 6, 2012
I made the mistake of ordering from Broken Arrow (by the way, what's this guy's real name???), because there are so many people on Hisstank who say that he might take a while, but will ship first class stuff.
I found out the hard way that there must be some customers of his, though, who do not receive what they have paid for and that this guy's customer care is nonexistent.
While others could care a little more, this guy just cares less.
I have not received my stuff after a year and a half and will probably never get anything. Yet this guy has my money, something just over 60 Bucks.
In my book there's a word for people like him.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Thankfully, I have never ordered anything from him, and after all the negative stuff I've read, I never will.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
All joking aside, I'd love for him to come on here and defend himself, or at least set the record right if he feels he's been slighted or whatever.

The worst thing for anyone to do is just hunker down and "hope" people forget or whatever.

He won't. He'll just try some sneaky, underhanded tactics like attempting to use TEH LAWZ to get his way and try and shut down anything remotely negative about him.

GIMark

Enlisted
May 13, 2013
I am glad I found this thread, I had debated on ordering form him...no longer will do that

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
He won't. He'll just try some sneaky, underhanded tactics like attempting to use TEH LAWZ to get his way and try and shut down anything remotely negative about him.

Yeah, maybe.. I don't know. All* the casters have run into some problem or another, but some figure it out and pull through it while others stay mired in the muck.

Jesse had some major ordering issues last year, but he's mostly making up for it now, so there is no real reason not to order from him anymore. If he falls behind again or something, we'll be the first to let people know. It'd be in any of the casters best interest to stay vocal in the community, since people tend to be more understanding when they get responded to.

*not All casters lol

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
It is a shame because the store has some great items that would be nice to have. I got something from there once but I did have to constantly e mail and PM to find out what was going on. It took about 60-70 days to get. Still a bit long for "in stock" items honestly. Since it was that much of a hassle for in stock stuff I just did not bother again.

Do not let the thread be a deterrent. Just be warned that things can take some time to get. From things I read the full figure kits are what take the longest since he does not make them in advance.

Mswi

Teabagging Ninja
Feb 16, 2012
I waited 2 years for a kit from him......thats not reasonable in my opinion and a few fellas I know waited just as long for theirs. My last order for "in stock" items is going past a year now. (a small order that I took a chance on, knowing better. So I'm cutting my loses) Funny thing about the kit. Its still sitting in my fodder unfinished because after 2 years enough new parts came available and my skills improved to the point where I just made a better one.

Besides some pieces from other artists most of his inventory are repo pieces. Granted some are hard to find and quite expensive. Personally I'd rather spend the time and extra money to find the part myself than give the crook another RED CENT!.

I Just don't understand given his reputation how hes still around? Anyways bottom line. Take your chances.......you may or may not get your order and if you do expect to wait an incredibly long time.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Yeah, that's it in a nutshell. He's never cheated me. I always got my orders, but most of them took a ridiculously long time.

If you're willing to wait an extremely long time with no updates, there's nothing wrong with ordering from him. But I agree, when possible I'd rather support other casters who's business practices are more in line with my expectations.

joesilver

PMC on demand!!!!!!
Jun 3, 2011
Portugal
well in a positive look i can´t call him a liar, because he never answered my mails!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

i throw away 55$ in some minor pieces of his store and still waiting(april 2012)...

also a question. on his facebook page (alyosha Russof or something similar), is he the fat boy sitted on the desk? that explain a lot...

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Clicked on the header pic and saw these comments -

Alyosha Russoff Corey- Pretty much, yes. John- Yes, if I want to see what I'm working on. Nerdist, I know. Josh- Yep, we'll see. Be kind of different without a booth.
April 8, 2012 at 2:54pm

Joshua Medley Your not getting a booth this year?
April 8, 2012 at 3:04pm

Alyosha Russoff - If I can't get the club to answer me (I've called three times and sent emails) then no.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Last edited:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Alyosha's made himself a "public figure" by putting himself out there (I don't think that's his real name, btw, :rolleyes:) but normally I wouldn't think it proper to link to someone's FB page on the open forum.

That is funny that he got mad that someone wouldn't answer his messages.

BEAM

Avoids Responsibility
Apr 12, 2013
Rhode Island
Some are getting on him now for spoiling the FSS 13th figure in the title. What a moron. Mods wisely changed the title.

BEAM

Avoids Responsibility
Apr 12, 2013
Rhode Island
They're also bitching him out for not posting pics. :)

I've posted a couple to that extent. Dude drops a bomb and runs.

Do people seriously care that a FIGURE NAME they're getting mailed to them is SPOILED?

What. The. Fuck.

MANCHILDREN.

It's more of it being spoiled in the title. At least give people the option to choose whether to know or not. 99% will click the thread but still, it's more about choice.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
But.. but.. it's a figure.. that you bought.. and is being sent to you.. why would you NOT want to know what it is?

It's mind bottling that anyone would get upset over that. People should be saying "Thanks for that info!".

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
I thought it was dumb that the Club wanted to keep the shipments a surprise in the first place - like people aren't going to post IMMEDIATELY when they get theirs.

Hell, there's a subset of collectors who only get rare figures for bragging rights.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
DaveViper posted -
I hope someone else in Texas post up pics before he does, so we can all just move to another thread. Since were going to play the waiting game here.

Awesome.

By the way, cleared browser history, still see the stank...no IP ban.