Captain America figures

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I did say "and the use of rubber". :p

I wonder if they did that on purpose so the sdcc crowd wouldn't cry so loud. The other Cap looks like he has Joe articulation and hopefully has better materials used.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Can't say I'm too impressed with WWII Cap. He is a perfect example of what happens when you over engineer a figure's articulation and use rubber for the joints. His arms end up with limited movement and his lower half is a floppy mess. O'well, good thing he will remain static in the turret and I have no need for any future figures from the line.

Why did they give him soft rubber kneecaps?

Winter Soldier was off the card for about 45 seconds before his left leg started flopping like a fat kid having a seizure.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Ok, Super Combat Capt is much better. He has Joe articulation except his hips and seems much beefier. They still used rubber knees, but the thicker legs help minimize the problem.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
If only i could successfully combine parts to make a good base for a WWII Capt repaint.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
That ain't happening. I don't even think the heads are swappable since WWII Cap has a hinge in his neck. Damn shame since the the WWII guy's torso style would look sweet on Combat's body.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The biggest issue i see is mating the Combat Capt waist with the WWII Capt upper body.

Saw off the the calves and use the the ones from WWII, not sure if the arms are gonna be an issue or not. Use the combat ones in this case. Not sure which i head prefer, but i definitely prefer the round shield. Some proper WWII web gear and accessories on top of a more tactical paint job and i might be on to a winner.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
The biggest issue i see is mating the Combat Capt waist with the WWII Capt upper body.

Saw off the the calves and use the the ones from WWII, not sure if the arms are gonna be an issue or not. Use the combat ones in this case. Not sure which i head prefer, but i definitely prefer the round shield. Some proper WWII web gear and accessories on top of a more tactical paint job and i might be on to a winner.

Combat Cap twists in the thighs, but not the calfs. Swapping at the knees should not be an issue. You definitely want Combat's arms since they are 25th Joe style and the bicep doesn't hinder holding rifles. WWII's twisty upper arm is crap since you lose the elbow rotation.

These two figures are exactly half of a perfect Cap.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It's nothing to cut the legs off at the puttees and pin and glue them.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Well, it's not, but Combat's calfs make WWII's look like a woman. The knee joints are the same size, so unless you just have to have the swivel calf, the knee is the way to go.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That sucks, i don't like the lower legs on Combat Capt.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
i really wish they'd combine the Joe and Marvel arm articulations...adding the bicept swivel to a Joe arm would be killer...

Ron, did you notice WWII caps extra ankle articulation?...it has a wee bit of side to side movement too sorta like DCUC

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah Eddie, it sucks. The right leg is fine, but the left will not stay in because the peg is rubber and it makes him look like he has robot feet. Over engineered with shitty materials. ;)

Ktig, Combat's thighs and knees are normal, so just pop WWII's lower leg on at the knee and it will look like a Shocktrooper's leg.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I worry about doing that as the pegs on these look really small.

Edit, nevermind, WS's came right off. I guess Project WWII Captain America That Doesn't Suck is a go.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Not an issue, i had to take down the lower knee "disk" when I fitted 25th Viper lowers to the ST knee. Just takes some dremel work.

Starfighter

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
i think a captain america with camo paints would look cool. some modern weapondry too.

There are actually 2 version in the Movie Captain America line that have CAP in digital camouflage pants (a green version and a black version).

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
When Captain America figures that are so poorly made they need extensive modding to become functional are the biggest thing to look forward to, you know Hasbro has shit for brains.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
When Captain America figures that are so poorly made they need extensive modding to become functional are the biggest thing to look forward to, you know Hasbro has shit for brains.

QFT!!!

Combat Capt is ok since his legs are thick enough to overcome the crappy materials, but I certainly won't be buying any others.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
unless Red skull and Crossbones magically appear in a store near me and remain on the shelf's long enough for me to buy them, I won't be buying anything from this line, and the only reason I'd buy those two figures is so I could sell them for herpa derp prices on ebay a few years from now. Hasbro and the retailers that sell their products have already proven early on this year that they're a bunch of incompetent retards who almost can't really do anything right.

Last edited:

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Yeah, I might buy a Red Skull or Crossbones if I see them, but the only figure I really wanted from the line was Captain Britain. I really like that character from back in the early Claremont/Davis Excalibur days. Just looking at the multitude of Cap figures on the pegs (that I'm in no way interested in), a lot of them looked seriously deformed, especially at the knees. I know you guys have said they are rubbery, but it kills me to pay that much for a figure that is grotesquely deformed still in the package.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
pretty much, it's like Hasbro can't learn from it's own fucking mistakes.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I like him for his coat, I might be able to use that on some of my "The Thing" customs, but he isn't going to be able to hold that launcher very well without putting his other arm into a really weird position.

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
I finally found Red Skull and Crossbones!

Also got movie Captain America last Friday.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Walmart needs to get off it's fat ass and replenish the single card pegs with wave 2.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I got two Crossbones today from a buddy in the mail.

He's a pretty decent figure. Weapons suck, but the figure is solid.