• pyth.jpg
    pyth.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Mswi

Teabagging Ninja
Feb 16, 2012
Ah, now I see.

There's a lot of neat stuff at AngelForge that I'd love to get, but the international shipping is too pricey for me. :(

I agree its pretty hefty, hes using those shipping rates as a way to avoid some problems that SDS had. Keep an eye on ebay, he often puts up a stock run there where the ship rates are better or try contacting him about it. he has included free product in the past to help off set his shipping rates

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
There's a lot of neat stuff at AngelForge that I'd love to get, but the international shipping is too pricey for me. :(

The issue is actually with PayPal. For any order that ships that's paid for via PayPal, a seller has to provide proof of delivery in the cast that someone claims they did not get an item. For ANYTHING that leaves the US, the ONLY proof that PayPal will accept is Express Mail from the USPS. Trust me, I learned the hard way.

And unfortunately, there are people out there who know the loophole and will claim non-receipt when they receive items shipped without the proper tracking, which basically earns them a full refund.

I've got the same issue with shipping outside the US to strangers on the 'net or eBay. I have no problem working with people in the forums and often ship stuff out 1st class to people I trust for a much more reasonable amount of money. And I've never had a problem. But it's all PayPal's bullshit and the people who take advantage of it that ruin for honest people out there.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
It's AWLAYS the sh!t people of the world that ruin good things for good people...take law abiding gu owners for example...

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
What are the relevant laws regarding gu ownership? The right to bear ams?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hey!...I'm by far no fanboi, but it was free, so I'll take it!...Im actually a person who goes against the grain...if something is super popular I avoid it to be contrary...ianything and Facebook are two examples...but again, free is free

SlayerDave

Enlisted
Jun 27, 2011
Nope Not Dead, but damn if I didnt feel like I wanted to be a few times this last year. Been a damn year, holy crap. I have not been active anywhere, just not had the desire . This last bout was pretty rough, more so then the previous, which was only 8 months prior.

When I got the news, that the cancer, and not just tumors had returned, I had a meeting with Darkwynter and I had told him, man I have no idea how I am going to deal with this. Slayer as busy as it was, still needed me to fund it, its funny how a lil busy makes business profitable, and how overwhelming business makes not so much. The day I had to start treatment was about a week after the last slayer con.

I had told a few , that i was having some issues with bad headaches, body aches, and even memory loss, which i had never had before. A week before the slayer con2, I was at toysrus walking around looking for joe fodder, my 5 year old son, Colin came running down the isle, was yelling Daddy Daddy, I looked at him and thought cute kid, his Dad must be right behind me, low and behold he grabs onto me, and I was thinking in my head, WTF. I needed a moment to think, where the hell am I, I told him to find mommy, which he did. When he and Rachel came back to isle, i was sitting on the floor, with my head in my hands. Total melt down, didnt have a clue what i was doing there. Trip to the doctor was very fast coming. They said i had to start treatment, this meant everything stopped in my life, everything. Slayer, my Pizza shop, my friendships, everything. The cancer came back very aggressive. I started treatment, every time I thought man i am almost done, more complications .

Anywho to make a long post short, I am on the mend, still dealing with issues due to the treatment. My kidneys shut down. One of my kidneys has enlarged 5 times the size it should be, I am waiting to have it removed. The other is working thankgod, they were talking transplant, not what i wanted to hear.

When going thru this, it wipes you out in every way. Financially was the worst. with me not doing slayer, not working my shop, caused some major problems, and ones that i am still dealing with, and dont see a light at the end of the tunnel anytime soon.

I have not really started messing with plastic yet, but I will, i do have orders that are due, as well as the club figures for the arah project, and any remakes due to shipping problems.

I am not going to turn my back on what i started, I wont do another store, but I will finish what i have in already. I prolly should have been in better touch, but to be honest, I just wanted to get thru this and be here. Few times I wasnt sure I would be.

I would ask folks not to pm and email quite yet, not really up to that yet. But if i owe ya something, I will make it right. I dont have the originals at this time, I sold the store to DW he now runs the angel forge. I do have access if i need something to remold and cast again. Most of my molds are beat, and its been a good year since I cast.

I owe folks at least this much to say I am trying hard to get back on my feet, and get things sorted. I earned the doubt, I earned the negative feelings, and really all I can say is I am sorry.

Sorry all, in no way did I want things to go down like it did. I didnt have much choice in the matter.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Feel better Slayer Dave.

Old Irish Blessing

May the road rise to meet you:
May the wind be always at your back,
The sun shine warm upon your face,
The rain fall soft upon your fields,
And until we meet again
May God hold you in the hollow of his hand.

TR1ER

Enlisted
Aug 23, 2012
Nope Not Dead, but damn if I didnt feel like I wanted to be a few times this last year. Been a damn year, holy crap. I have not been active anywhere, just not had the desire . This last bout was pretty rough, more so then the previous, which was only 8 months prior.

When I got the news, that the cancer, and not just tumors had returned, I had a meeting with Darkwynter and I had told him, man I have no idea how I am going to deal with this. Slayer as busy as it was, still needed me to fund it, its funny how a lil busy makes business profitable, and how overwhelming business makes not so much. The day I had to start treatment was about a week after the last slayer con.

I had told a few , that i was having some issues with bad headaches, body aches, and even memory loss, which i had never had before. A week before the slayer con2, I was at toysrus walking around looking for joe fodder, my 5 year old son, Colin came running down the isle, was yelling Daddy Daddy, I looked at him and thought cute kid, his Dad must be right behind me, low and behold he grabs onto me, and I was thinking in my head, WTF. I needed a moment to think, where the hell am I, I told him to find mommy, which he did. When he and Rachel came back to isle, i was sitting on the floor, with my head in my hands. Total melt down, didnt have a clue what i was doing there. Trip to the doctor was very fast coming. They said i had to start treatment, this meant everything stopped in my life, everything. Slayer, my Pizza shop, my friendships, everything. The cancer came back very aggressive. I started treatment, every time I thought man i am almost done, more complications .

Anywho to make a long post short, I am on the mend, still dealing with issues due to the treatment. My kidneys shut down. One of my kidneys has enlarged 5 times the size it should be, I am waiting to have it removed. The other is working thankgod, they were talking transplant, not what i wanted to hear.

When going thru this, it wipes you out in every way. Financially was the worst. with me not doing slayer, not working my shop, caused some major problems, and ones that i am still dealing with, and dont see a light at the end of the tunnel anytime soon.

I have not really started messing with plastic yet, but I will, i do have orders that are due, as well as the club figures for the arah project, and any remakes due to shipping problems.

I am not going to turn my back on what i started, I wont do another store, but I will finish what i have in already. I prolly should have been in better touch, but to be honest, I just wanted to get thru this and be here. Few times I wasnt sure I would be.

I would ask folks not to pm and email quite yet, not really up to that yet. But if i owe ya something, I will make it right. I dont have the originals at this time, I sold the store to DW he now runs the angel forge. I do have access if i need something to remold and cast again. Most of my molds are beat, and its been a good year since I cast.

I owe folks at least this much to say I am trying hard to get back on my feet, and get things sorted. I earned the doubt, I earned the negative feelings, and really all I can say is I am sorry.

Sorry all, in no way did I want things to go down like it did. I didnt have much choice in the matter.

Damnit dave your supposed to leave that casting shit alone because of your health issues gotta figure out a way to do this man.ill call you later man.tell rach i said hi.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
It's great to hear from you, Dave. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Well well well, there's the old dog. Sorry to hear about the health issues. Good to hear you're still kicking. Take your time, don't overdo it. I'd love to get my parts some day but health matters more than little plastic bits.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
You know, I tried to avoid posting here cause part of this is gonna make me look like "That guy". You know, the guy that really doesn't understand, and is selfish and obnoxious about it.

So, let me get this straight first: I can relate. My dad's got cancer, and while I do not have it myself, I'm apparently at risk genetically. I see what it can do, and what the treatment can do to a person. Daily. I don't doubt you were horribly sick, and that your life was at risk. I'm glad you're on the mend, because I wouldn't wish anything so horrible to happen to anyone.

That said, I know the chemicals that are used in the casting process aren't good for you, and that means trying to cut deals with people who are quite possibly not all that pleased with things that have happened. People who have no responsibility to fulfill orders that haven't been done, to keep promises that haven't been kept. And I'll sit here and read how everyone's going to wish you well, and repeat the same thing that it's just toys, and to get better first.

I agree. It's just toys. So get better. But I don't want my toys anymore. I paid for services rendered. Services weren't rendered. I placed 2 orders over a year ago and while it only totaled about 50 bucks, I'd rather you continue to heal, and send my money back.

I won't say I speak for everyone, and I won't name any names, but I know and have spoken to other people who feel the same way. Get better, but give us our money back.

Y'all can hate on me if you want, but I'd rather speak up so it's in the open.

Reactions: Cloud Strife