Casting Sites: Links, Info + Alerts

SE 55

Rookie customizer
Aug 16, 2012
Tennessee
Any idea if any of the superb casters out there have cast a replacement HUD for the sky striker since my Jetfire is missing his?

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Any idea if any of the superb casters out there have cast a replacement HUD for the sky striker since my Jetfire is missing his?

Let me see a pic of what you need, and maybe I can help. I do have a 25th Skystriker, and I'm pretty good at molding/ casting. Pretty good.:)

SE 55

Rookie customizer
Aug 16, 2012
Tennessee
Let me see a pic of what you need, and maybe I can help. I do have a 25th Skystriker, and I'm pretty good at molding/ casting. Pretty good.:)

Thanks for the response. Pic is below, it is the semi-transparent blue Hud that flips up and down.

Attachments

• skystriker_parts-05.jpg
    skystriker_parts-05.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 21

Grepdogg

AIRMAN OF DOOM
Jun 10, 2012
AZ
The difference between TofuJesse and John Alyosha Broken Arrow Toys is this:

Jesse will usually maintain communication with you, apologize, give fake Delivery Confirmation numbers and come through on a $35 order after being outed on numerous fan sites 11 months later.

John will ignore every email you send him, every message/ post/ email on any fan site and come through on your $150+ order over 9 months later after being outed on every fan site you can find.

Meanwhile, RaginSpoon, HotDogg's Stuff and NOVA give you what you pay for with none of the bullshittery. Just placed an order with Vortious yesterday.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
No, the difference is this:

-Jesse actually communicates with customers and takes responsibility for the delays. I'm not saying he's perfect or that the follow-through is up to par, but I believe the intent is there. It might not get you your parts any quicker, but that's worth something to me.

- John Alyosha Broken Arrow Toys has the audacity to take offense that anyone would call him out for lack of communication, lack of delivery, and generally act like an asshat to his own customers. He treats the guys who paid for an order like a bother, a nuisance, and generally makes people wish they'd never ordered from him. His seeming disdain for people who complain is palpable, as if they did something wrong.

But I will agree that Vortious, Angel Forge, SWG, and some others have filled the void for people who want some parts without any drama.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
I agree with Nacho. Jesse has always come through for me. He has always communicated. I too get a real good sense he cares.

I cannot comment on Aly, never bought from him.

Save yourself the trouble, and keep it that way. You'll only turn into a bitter, angry old man like me, who frequently posts in this thread about what a piece of shit Alyosha is.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Thanks for the response. Pic is below, it is the semi-transparent blue Hud that flips up and down.

I pulled my Sky Striker out the other day, and put it up on top of my shelves. I'll look, and see how the HUD is hooked in. If comes out easily enough I'll copy it, and let you know.

SE 55

Rookie customizer
Aug 16, 2012
Tennessee
I pulled my Sky Striker out the other day, and put it up on top of my shelves. I'll look, and see how the HUD is hooked in. If comes out easily enough I'll copy it, and let you know.

Thanks! Planning on making another order from your store so let me know if you can get that cast and I will just place my order then!

Taterbot

Enlisted
May 25, 2013

If this is the piece they are talking about, it comes out with no trouble.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Thanks Taterbot. At least now I know I can just yank it out when I go down stairs when I get up later today. I'm thinking of offering it in different colors too.

Taterbot

Enlisted
May 25, 2013
Thanks Taterbot. At least now I know I can just yank it out when I go down stairs when I get up later today. I'm thinking of offering it in different colors too.

No problem. I think the different colors would be cool too.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Amazingly, there has been a SlayerDave update. Though, no. Not for us who bought cast parts. No, for Project ARAH people:

SlayerDave said:
Ok let me start out by saying, I have not posted with any news, because I had no good news to post. The reason why this project along with Slayer Cast store shut down, was solely on my shoulders. The problem was and has been, one I have dealt with, for more then 7 years.

Going to try and give the long and short of it the best I can, then explain where I am going with this post.

Some of you have been in the know of my life for the last 6 to 7 years. While others of you are clueless. So let me shed as much light as I can.

The short, 2007, I developed tumors that I had to have removed from behind both my eyes. These caused massive headaches, problems with my vision, and the worry it could turn into cancer. I spent the better part of 2 years with that, and beat it. Flash forward to 2009/2010. I was in the middle of one of my biggest months with Slayer, and one of our biggest sales, I started to have trouble with headaches, and pain in my neck and chest. I head to the doctors like anyone would. I am told have new tumors and that treatment and more tests are needed. I find out these are cancerous and need to be removed, only just cutting them out would not be enough, I would have to do treatment as well. And so I started treatment, kept working at my Pizza shop, kept chipping away at catching up on Slayer and all the work it involved. It was very rocky, and it caused much delays, but I managed to get back on track and keep my life and both businesses running.

Almost another year goes by, and I begin to have some issues again, this time much faster do the symptoms come on, and shut me down again. The warning signs were not there, it just happened, and just like that, My online business and my real life came to a screaming halt. I was hospitalized, and told immediate treatment was necessary. Thus came the end of Slayer, and any and all projects I had going on. This time I was not able to simply work thru the motions.

During the time of my treatment, I had no income coming in from Slayer Or my Pizza Shop. I had stepped away from my Pizza Shop and gave Slayer and doing mold and cast work my full attention. Being that I was in remission and not had any issues with my health, I thought it was a good time. I mean you get scare for your life, and suddenly you start to wonder what you want to do with your life. Me I wanted to make toys, and bring sculpts to this hobby that we would never see, both for ARAH and Modern sculpts. So when I got sick for the third time, that was the nail to finish me. I had tumors yet again in my head, in my neck, I had kidney failure and well...things just didn't look good.

What did all that have to do with the club, hopefully you will see that I didn't plan to get sick, I didn't ask for it, and I sure didn't want to go out like that. But that's what happen. So that brings us to the now.

Yeah Dave we know all this, you told us all. The problems, the downfall...so what right?

Well here is where I am at as of this day. I am back in remission, and have been for some time. I have the kidney issue under control. I am working back at my shop. Now for the issues.

1. The molds for the first 3 figs. Pythona,2 snipers and the Billy are all no good. I have to make new molds.

2. Jared has some parts to make some figures, but not complete the list of everybody who ordered, so I have to get with him and see what we need, and what I need to make.

3. All my rubber and plastic has gone bad, I mean I can cast and use some of the plastic, but its not what I would want to send out. This stuff doesn't age good when left sitting, it really does have a short life span.

4. I am so broke its not funny, and mostly why I have had no update. I can do anything to fix a problem when I don't have the means to fix it. I have time, and my health is better, I don't have the funds to get it back off the ground. With everything I went thru and how much it cost me, its going to have me buried for some time longer. And this would mean I cant give refunds.

To be honest I don't want to refund, I want everybody to get the awesome sculpts and enjoy the figures.

I talked to Aly, and I have talked with Nova, both are willing to help with the mold and cast work, I have to figure out the best way for them to help and not cost them any money. i really need rubber, which is going to cost me about 200.00 to get done what i need to get done.

If anybody wants to help, that would be great. I dont plan on anybody jumping on that one, but I am putting it out there. If you do however pm me.

second very important issue is the arms. The way I had to go about them, is all cast plastic. Nova has another option and would make the figures much more playable, and should stand up the test of time. The man has rivets or at least access to make rivets work. Some time next week, Brian ( Nova ) and I will be sitting down to talk and plan how to get this project back up and running, and finish it.

I really don't have anything else I can say at this time. I have said sorry so many times, its not worth saying again. Like i said before this was not done on purpose and i sure in hell didn't ask to get sick. I will begin to post on a weekly basis with pics of figures, parts and the molds, so all can see the process. I would have done this before, but Slayer kept me way to busy. With Slayer dead, closed and gone for good, it now gives me the time to try and do what I can to fix this, and make right in somebody's eyes.

I have tried to explain the best I can, and hope all will understand,I will make this right. I will update this thread again if there are questions, also after I talk with Brian I will better know how to handle this.

Thanks for the time,
Dave

We all know my personal opinions on the matter. I've repeated them ad nauseum. I just posted this for people who might be interested in what's going on.

I will point out this:

SlayerDave said:
To be honest I don't want to refund, I want everybody to get the awesome sculpts and enjoy the figures.

Yes, well that would be hard to do since you spent all our money on recovery and everything else prior to making good on the service you were supposed to be providing.

Anyway, there you have it.

SlayerDave

Enlisted
Jun 27, 2011
Thanks for posting that Ian, saved me the trouble. Last time I made an update, i posted it across all the boards I had done business on or posted. Since none of what you posted had anything to do with The rest of slayer project, I didnt feel the need to post it.

If you read what I posted, you will see where I am at, and not in much better of a place. But i posted. I also posted there, because I was approached by some others to help get that done.

Anyway thanks Ian for posting...Guess I dont need to post a thread myself.

Dave

SlayerDave

Enlisted
Jun 27, 2011
Thanks Dave I might just take ya up on that, thats of course after we play 10 rounds of phone tag,lol.

Thanks man means a lot.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Maybe because my grandfather has had cancer off and on for the better part of 25 years, and because I have a young friend now who has it, but with Dave's situation that doesn't really sound surprising.

I'm sure on top of feeling like shit from all the treatment, he feels like shit for all the folks he's left in the dark. I'm not apologizing for him because he pretty much did that for himself, but my last order was from 2 years ago and in excess of $100. Do I want the money back? No. I want the sculpts. Hell, I've gone so far as to order a few of them again from Angelforge. Have I written them off as likely gone? Yes. Will I be ecstatic to ever get them? Hell yes.

I get why people are mad at Dave, but Christ Almighty people. It's been 2 years, leave him the fuck alone. He'll either get to it one day or you'll never see it again. $100 or less of shit isn't worth pestering the goddamn life out of someone who's already been feeling one of the worst experiences someone can experience in their life. Kick a man while he's down. If I was Dave I wouldn't have enough pride or energy to even show my face after having the life sucked out of me by cancer treatment.

I want my parts like the rest of you, but for the love of fucking God and what's left of Dave's sanity... Let it fucking go. He's got bigger fish to fry and if I was him, I'd have told you all to go fuck yourselves lubelessly for two dozen eternities with the fattest demon dick you could find.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Well said old friend well said.

Oh, and MR by the way thanks again for posting those Ark panels all those years ago over on tfans/tformers. They made an awesome back drop for my IM armory

SlayerDave

Enlisted
Jun 27, 2011
Rex,

You know what for a good long time, I didnt have the energy or the desire, I was just in a different mindframe. I battled cancer, I battled depression, I am battling financial hardship, but Damnit I love me some customs, and the very creative peeps who supported me in one way or another. I am not a deadbeat, just a guy who didnt know when to throw in the flag when he should have. i have always thought just keep fighting, keep going, you will get thru this and anything else. This bringer of doom for me, well the 3rd time was the charm, it just kicked my ass. It knocked me down so hard, there was no coming back. I was at a point that I almost couldnt finish my treatment unless I sold slayer. I sold it to a friend, and not a buyer. I sold it to one of the people who was there for me thru it all. darkwynter. At the same time hes been there, he cant be, because of the politics of being involved with Dave from Slayer. I did a whole bunch more then just post product and take folks money. I own everything that I do, and I except full responsibility for its going belly up. It just happen and thats that. Folks who are upset, they have every right, every fucking right. At the same time, this turn -up has no blood left in him. Thats as honest as i can be. I have been honest thru the whole thing.

I didnt duck anything, I have not been hiding, I been healing, and i put the one thing first that I had to. My health. And I am beating this shit, and to me, no matter whats said about me, thats what I got.

So I am back, let the mud start to be slung, I got tough skin, if cancer didnt kill me, name calling and calling me out wont as well.

thanks Rex, you will see those parts.

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
Maybe because my grandfather has had cancer off and on for the better part of 25 years, and because I have a young friend now who has it, but with Dave's situation that doesn't really sound surprising.

I'm sure on top of feeling like shit from all the treatment, he feels like shit for all the folks he's left in the dark. I'm not apologizing for him because he pretty much did that for himself, but my last order was from 2 years ago and in excess of $100. Do I want the money back? No. I want the sculpts. Hell, I've gone so far as to order a few of them again from Angelforge. Have I written them off as likely gone? Yes. Will I be ecstatic to ever get them? Hell yes.

I get why people are mad at Dave, but Christ Almighty people. It's been 2 years, leave him the fuck alone. He'll either get to it one day or you'll never see it again. $100 or less of shit isn't worth pestering the goddamn life out of someone who's already been feeling one of the worst experiences someone can experience in their life. Kick a man while he's down. If I was Dave I wouldn't have enough pride or energy to even show my face after having the life sucked out of me by cancer treatment.

I want my parts like the rest of you, but for the love of fucking God and what's left of Dave's sanity... Let it fucking go. He's got bigger fish to fry and if I was him, I'd have told you all to go fuck yourselves lubelessly for two dozen eternities with the fattest demon dick you could find.

Quoted for truth.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Well said old friend well said.

Oh, and MR by the way thanks again for posting those Ark panels all those years ago over on tfans/tformers. They made an awesome back drop for my IM armory

Haha, thanks on the Ark panel. You have no idea how many times I see those and people take credit for the damned things. I gave 'em away for free for folks to use, and they so much as can't even credit where they got them when someone asks where they got them.

I don't know why the Dave attacks make me so mad, but I've got a friend right now who was a 100% healthy dude... Skinny, healthy buddy of mine. Maybe doesn't work out or eat like an Olympian, but if you looked at him, you'd consider him the bill of health. He was recently diagnosed with what sounds like a fairly "low level" cancer in his lymph nodes. The guy is in his mid-20's, and had to go to Taiwan for treatment due to the rarity/severity of his condition and had to undergo quick, aggressive chemo treatment. His hair just started falling out and he's got zero energy, and won't be able to even think about coming back to the states to so much as work for the next 8 months. And he's single, without a family or business to run.

For the life of me, I can't fathom me or anyone else annoying the shit out of him over $100 that I paid or loaned him 2 years ago that he simply couldn't get to because, oh noes, CANCER got in the way.

/rant

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
I was going to comment, but Rex pretty much said everything I would've.

Also, Dave, you know I'm willing to help as well. Even if it means I have to drive up there and steal the molds and invoices from you. :)

DarkWynter

Plastic Pimp
Mar 2, 2013
Rex, you really did a good job helping keep things in perspective. As a friend of Dave's I've seen the financial, personal, family, and health effects this had. The fact is after all that has happened, Dave still is moving towards making good. Not as fast as many would want, but as fast as he can. My biggest fear is he will try to "move the mountain" all at once. Dave please, pace yourself and only tackle what you can at a time. When you are at the point where Fogger, SWG, and myself can assist....we will.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I was thinking of starting a thread with all the casters links in the first post...easy to find...maybe title it "caster links"...what sub forum would I put it in?...maybe B/S/T?...or everything customs?

Good idea or do we already have one and I somehow missed it?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Okay, updated the first post with all the caster sites Eddie posted. I tried to put the officers who support the site as officers alphabetically first, then everyone else.

If any caster wants his link removed, feel free to let me or another mod/admin know, but we'd prefer to keep a running directory of all live casting sites at least to promote the customizing hobby and act as a sort of resource for customizers, regardless of feedback (that's what the rest of the thread is for). Feedback will not be removed unless it becomes ridiculous or trolling, though.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
That was actually a really great idea. Listing all of the currently active sites let's people know that there are more than just the one or two sites out there, and will probably help add traffic to those sites, and drive stronger sales for all of us.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I would go a step further and create a feedback link under each store link instead the mass chaos that ensues behind it. That way someone trying to judge the caster can look at only feedback on that caster.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Well we have some casters who actually participate and respond on this board, and others who don't... We have individual feedback threads here for TJ and DW, I think, and probably Vortious, but who else, I don't know...

We just started THIS one because people kept derailing the hell out of a lot of other threads ranting about various casters, so one spot was the best place at the time to contain all the bitching.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Yeah MR is right. If the caster is someone who posts on here then this thread is an easy way to check in with things. Now it is definitely a good thing to have the individual threads, but this thread allows us to kind of actually help each other when possible, and those of us who are new can learn about the mistakes others made, and learn from them. After all I know I for one prefer to learn from the mistakes other people made instead of my own mistakes whenever possible.