• Joker

Votes: 20 69.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
I think it's sad that, while looking back on the first rounds of this, there were more total voters. But now that they, and/or their friends have been eliminated, they don't give a shit.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I think it's sad that, while looking back on the first rounds of this, there were more total voters. But now that they, and/or their friends have been eliminated, they don't give a shit.

Well Eddie is not using all six accounts either. ;)

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
When folks where in the contest with a chance to pull down a ZOMG Itz teh rar xclusiv ComicCon toyz they are here...as soon as that opportunity is over, so are they.

Any numbers on how many people signed up during that time and haven't signed back in since?

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
When folks where in the contest with a chance to pull down a ZOMG Itz teh rar xclusiv ComicCon toyz they are here...as soon as that opportunity is over, so are they.

Any numbers on how many people signed up during that time and haven't signed back in since?

Well, our active membership effectively doubled at that time, but now we're back down to 12.. so I'm guessing 12.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Unless the guys that lost early on (along with their vote count boosters) come back to vote, you've got this one in the bag Medd :thumbsup:

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Anyone have any idea of if, or when there might be another contest like this?

I usually keep the Contests in the Officer section for Officers only. I run a new one every 60 days with extra Contests sprinkled in that are either unique ones or sponsored by another Officer.

I've toyed around with the idea of making the Custom Games a yearly event however I'm not sure if I'm ready to commit to that yet. For one thing, this contest was a lot of work lol. I'm not sure if I can dedicate that much time to one event again when I'm doing several other things on the site.

Another issue is the prize package. If I do continue the Custom Games Contest, I don't want to take a step back in the prizes. It would be nice to offer up the SDCC prize each time along with some unique prizes. We'll see what happens this year.

Probably never, based on some early feedback. :trollface:

This would be the other setback. At times it was truly ridiculous how some people acted during this Contest both publicly and privately. If I didn't already have enough going on with orchestrating the event, I had to deal with people not reading the rules, complaining, attacking each other and of course the wild conspiracy theories. Among other things lol.

I expected emotions to get high but it was out of control.

TL;DR version: We'll see :)

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
The problem with this contest was the rule was to actually vote for those that could fight and win. Many people were voting for how coll the custom was. So in order to do something like this again, it will HAVE to be which custom is better looking.

Too many what if factors when deciding a vote on who will win a fight. But many customs lost due to looking pretty.

just my 2¢

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
It was supposed to be fun, but instead was just chock-full of people showing ONLY for a prize and being p!ssy if they lost and then never showing up again...

Maybe if done again it should be for members who were/are rather active right up until the contest was/is even announced...

MMorelock66

Isn't a Gijoe fan
Apr 4, 2012
the land of Virginia
It was supposed to be fun, but instead was just chock-full of people showing ONLY for a prize and being p!ssy if they lost and then never showing up again...

Maybe if done again it should be for members who were/are rather active right up until the contest was/is even announced...

So the contest would have about 12 contestants? :trollface:

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011

This has been brought up several times from people and I agree that we had a few certain individuals who fall into that category however this is blown out of proportion.

This suggestion is too elitist for my tastes. You're either a member of the forum or you're not. I don't treat somebody with 20 posts any different than somebody with 20,000. We already have a exclusive club called the Officer Club that anybody can join if they wish and if you do, you get to participate in the other contests.

So the contest would have about 12 contestants? :trollface:

This^^

We were fortunate to have 30 entries to the Contest which was outstanding. The 12 member thing is a long running joke and we all have fun with it but looking back, several of the "12 members" didn't participate and several openly said that they wouldn't even want to. The purpose of this public contest was to get a wider participation then just the 5-10 we have for our Officer Contests.

Looking at the Final 8:

Darkwynter: Regular contributor and Officer
Major Blood: Admin
Jrsmi6: Been around for almost 2 yrs with 200 posts
nath 1977: Newcomer to the site
Dropshipbob: Regular Contributor to the site
Eddie: Founder/Officer with the highest post count
Med: Staff/Officer
Numbers: Low post count but visits the site multiple times a week

That's the final 8. 6 maybe 7 of the 8 are "one of us" or if you want to be conservative, you can say 5 of 8. All this nonsense and crying about how people are affecting the votes and this person hinted at that and said this. If you twist this word that way and carry the 1 over here and read this post on another site and blah blah blah.

Just looking at factual information, it came out pretty good. For as many accusations that were going on about the voting, we had just as many other people voting the other way in spite... so it was a wash.

Now the whole thing about people not reading the rules, links and info. I don't even want to get started in on that :)

Jrsmi6

Leprechan Hunter
I started coming around here more when I saw what a great event you guys held with the East Coast Con . I am in an area where the collectors are anti social and think of everyone as competition instead of comrades. It was the camaraderie I saw here that drew me out of the shadows. I had never entered a contest before Custom Games , but it seemed like a great opportunity to get more involved in the site. I would have told you to keep the SDCC set and use it as a prize for another contest , because I already had it , but I would have loved to win Medd's Dio. This place is more like a clubhouse than a website and its a great place to hang out.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I started coming around here more when I saw what a great event you guys held with the East Coast Con . I am in an area where the collectors are anti social and think of everyone as competition instead of comrades. It was the camaraderie I saw here that drew me out of the shadows. I had never entered a contest before Custom Games , but it seemed like a great opportunity to get more involved in the site. I would have told you to keep the SDCC set and use it as a prize for another contest , because I already had it , but I would have loved to win Medd's Dio. This place is more like a clubhouse than a website and its a great place to hang out.

I agree with your sentiment. When I first came here the honest critiques got me to return along with the fact just about all the great artists on here are willing to teach. that's huge to me, I'll always have a ton to learn, every new technique is welcomed. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Without Mandingo Rex's foam tutorial, I would still be making below average dios.