Club Sub 1.0 Update

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Well, to be fair, I'm the idiot who wants it opened and one carded. Now, the Nano-B.A.T.? If his card art is cool enough, I'll be a sucker to keep it. If not, I may sell off that sumbitch... I sure as hell don't want any openers of the turds like Green Scarlett or Nano-B.A.T.

If we could buy bagged versions, I would buy baggers to open and sell off the carded ones :D

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Slayer's OSC Subscription club is doing it the right way, IMO. You get the figure at full price, but you get additional figures for about 50% off. You can pick and choose which of the figures you want to army build, including their bonus exclusive figures.

[They also have a fairly active forum where they solicit feedback, show pictures of where they are in the process, and reply pretty rapidly to questions. Even if some of those answers may be a "we're not sure yet", it feels like they are showing some love to us.]

Did the GIJCC ever show us a picture of their nano-BAT? Now that I think about it, I don't remember ever seeing it. I've seen the so-called "cancelled" one, but has The Club showed their take on it?

I don't they the club has issued a pic a the bat themselves. I would be shocked if it's much different then the protos

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Large pic:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
It's ugly as sin, but why in fuck's sake is it all shot up, too? Did they lose the original B.A.T. mold? That goofy red eye looks awful. What a terrible idea, and I love that mold. It's one of my favorites from the 25th line, but I didn't even want that "Resolute" black/red repaint, let alone this garish nightmare.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
It's ugly as sin, but why in fuck's sake is it all shot up, too? Did they lose the original B.A.T. mold? That goofy red eye looks awful. What a terrible idea, and I love that mold. It's one of my favorites from the 25th line, but I didn't even want that "Resolute" black/red repaint, let alone this garish nightmare.

I agree. I wish it wasn't battle damaged, it would at least look alil better. I passed on the Res Bat too

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
Well at the start of this we already knew about Quarrel & Nano-BAT. Both of those were canceled in the main line. Quarrel is a slight change instead of being Scarlett again.
I don't care for Nano BAT but I will get a Quarrel because I suck at painting my own.
This is the rumored list floating around...
Quarrel
Topside
Cover Girl
Big Boa
Nanobat
Jinx
Barrel Roll
Iron Claw
Surefire
Dice
Tan Grunt
TNT
Tan Grunt could be Sokerk from Argentina.
Then there is pure speculation about #13 names thrown around were Sgt Slaughter, Big Brawler, & Gnawgahyde.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Does this rumor list have a legit origin, or is this just the speculative rantings of a 'tanker sitting in his mom's basement?

Some of those names are interesting, but since we don't have a target computer leaking/releasing these names, and there's been no word from Big-H, it's hard to think it's anything but someone's dream list.

xhairs

odd man out !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 15, 2011
blasdell ny
photobucket.com
Well at the start of this we already knew about Quarrel & Nano-BAT. Both of those were canceled in the main line. Quarrel is a slight change instead of being Scarlett again.
I don't care for Nano BAT but I will get a Quarrel because I suck at painting my own.
This is the rumored list floating around...

Tan Grunt could be Sokerk from Argentina.
Then there is pure speculation about #13 names thrown around were Sgt Slaughter, Big Brawler, & Gnawgahyde.

well there is like 5 on that list i would like to have if done right but 5 out of 13 is not good enough for me to spend that kind of cash if that list is true. also Sgt Slaughter is def a no as hasbro cant do him that means the club cant do him either. i wish they would let you pick and chose but no you have to buy all of them with sucks big time.

Last edited:

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD

All of this. I have a ton of 25th BATS, it's my biggest army builder.. I wouldn't buy this at Marshalls or TJ Maxx,

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Probably random speculation by some fan said:
Quarrel
Topside
Cover Girl
Big Boa
Nanobat
Jinx
Barrel Roll
Iron Claw
Surefire
Dice
Tan Grunt
TNT

Well, I'd probably keep 2-3 of those. WTF are Surefire and TNT?

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
To me, the names/characters are secondary to the look and quality of the figure. The Club's not getting my subscription $$$'s unless I get to see the other 10 figures.

So far, Quarrel is (barely) a keeper. Nano-Bat is a total pass.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Quarrel
Topside
Cover Girl
Big Boa
Nanobat
Jinx
Barrel Roll
Iron Claw
Surefire
Dice
Tan Grunt
TNT

Eh, not doubting you on this being the rumor, but it's random enough that it could be right, although I'm not going to get too excited or upset yet as there are some questionable choices as well. That list would be simply "okay" for me, although about 1/3 are extremely lackluster as hell. Nothing to get excited about besides maybe Cover-Girl or Big Boa. Maybe Dice. Jinx and Topside are on my want list, but not from the "Repainty McFrankenJoe" guys at GIJCC. Some figs they can do well. I don't have high hopes for most of the list.

Covergirl is a no-brainer. Expected, and done. I'd have thought that Footloose should be done up-front in the subscription, so maybe he's either the 13th figure, or the 2012 GIJCC figure... All I know is, they need to cash in on him quick, plus I really want him. The tooling's all there, and he'd be a great addition to the 25th lineup.

Without additional tooling, Slice seems more plausible than Dice as he could be made from a Red Ninja/SS body, but I guess a close enough facsimile could be made from a Storm Shadow for Dice... I think Dice at least needs new webgear, but they'd probably just reuse something from a previous figure. It's weird they'd do Dice w/o Slice, but maybe the other's coming later, or is the 13th figure?

Big Boa I can see, kit-bashed from Resolute Roadblock with a new head and boxing gloves from Quick Kick, but that webgear would be tough... The X-shaped harness from Duke/HnR?

Jinx, I just don't see. She will either need almost all-new tooling, or she'll suck horribly. I was hoping for her in the JOE2 line. Topside would be cool, but I can't see what parts they'd use for him to look remotely accurate, or good at all.

I don't give a damn about the rest. Barrel Roll, meh. New sculpt crap. TNT sounds awful, Tan Grunt would probably just reuse Zap's new parts (or entire mold), but I already have a mediocre Grunt, and a tan remold isn't gonna make him fill the O13 slot any better. Iron Klaw? Fuck off. That Surefire guy actually looks kinda cool, but I couldn't care less about the character. Of the "Don't Care" guys listed above, I'd be most excited about him.

Again, this is all speculation, so until we hear a final list, I'm not gonna get my panties twisted (in excitement or anguish). I'd probably go with a subscription based off that list, but I'd be less than happy about probably half of them. I'm hoping it's not the list, as I don't care about a good deal of them, and I don't think they can pull off the majority of the others.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Actually, now that you mention the probably price tag... Yeah, $300 is maybe a "fuck off, Joe Club". Their shipping prices are absolutely nuts, considering that my loose DT showed up with zero tape on the smashed box, and the figure was half hanging out. Thank God I don't live farther out in the 'burbs, or else it may not have survived the trip to my mailbox.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Actually, now that you mention the probably price tag... Yeah, $300 is maybe a "fuck off, Joe Club". Their shipping prices are absolutely nuts, considering that my loose DT showed up with zero tape on the smashed box, and the figure was half hanging out. Thank God I don't live farther out in the 'burbs, or else it may not have survived the trip to my mailbox.

Yea, not only are we getting raped on the membership fee, $300 bones and there insane shipping, we gotta worry about the condition of there cards in there piss poor packaging.

I need these cards to be mint if I'm gonna re sell this shit

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
You mean the cards with the "preview" pixelated artwork, that the idiot Chinese production artist forgot to relink the high-res artwork for? Those are shit, and may as well have been printed on Kleenex.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
From that list only Jinx and Dice are remotely of interest.

If Jinx is true I sure hope they fuck her up. She really has no business in a SubClub clusterfuck.

Either that or the G.I.J:R design is awesome, in which case we'll have a great Jinx on the peg.

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
That brings up a good point, thought. It's been said repeatedly that Hasbro is letting the Club produce figures that the Hasbro itself has no intention in producing. I'm sure that Hasbro is planning on a Jinx figure, so I'm not sure how that jives with this alleged list.

duffmann

Duff Beer Mascot
Jun 19, 2011
Fallbrook
I am really looking forward to the Quarrel figure and the Nano Bat looks pretty nice also. Not digging on the red eye but overall I like it. Maybe once in person the eye will look better but right know looking at the picture that red eye looks out of place to me.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
i don't care if that list is true, i'm not getting on board the crappy kitbash train...IF the club had every mold available to them to make the best possible bash, that'd be different...but Hasbro obviously limits them on what they can use since there Franken Joes suck a$$ half the time...i'm not gonna pay scalper prices for what i can do better myself...

so no thanks GIJCC...shove yer crap filled subscription up yer a$$...i'll do my best to get what sh!t you cobble together that for some crazy reason i NEED and desperately want off ebay marked up at scalper prices EXACTLY like what you do

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
That brings up a good point, thought. It's been said repeatedly that Hasbro is letting the Club produce figures that the Hasbro itself has no intention in producing. I'm sure that Hasbro is planning on a Jinx figure, so I'm not sure how that jives with this alleged list.

maybe Hasbro has no intention of making arah Jinx and that's the one the club does.

With her being in the movie, I'm sure they will make at least 2 movie figs.