Complex base building system

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
Glad to see him be able to do this, he talked about it a few years back in a Full Force Podcast interview.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
He had the prototype at Iowa Joe Con Assembly Required...now I wished I would have waited around to have a look at it more closely. He was constantly talking to someone so I never got a good look.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
While I love the concept, paying ~$10 for a 6" x 6" square, making even a small building hundreds of dollars is a no-go for me. If you have a ton of money and zero dio skills, then this is a no-brainer. Otherwise, it's worth the trouble to build something yourself for pennies on the dollar.

This falls under the category of "I'm glad it exists, but there is no way in hell I'm buying any".

Reactions: G.I.*EDDIE

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
^^^ That right there.

Thematically, it's too limited for me. All industrial/sci-fi greebly.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
They kind of remind of the mechanical chain bases that could be snapped together. They are obnoxiously expensive too.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
From raginspoon via Rebelscum - more pictures of this thing.
raginspoon;20054231 said:
Hey everyone, I didn't know where to place this and there might be a better thread for it. I wanted to show off a new toyline I made called Complex. When I started designing it, I had both G.I. Joe and Star Wars figures in mind, since i collect both. These factory samples came in the mail the other day. They are the first painted ones the factory has sent over. The brown color is off, it is supposed to be more of a light tan and they painted some of the connectors but that will all be corrected.

The goal is to to have a modular system to build an entire base. Not just a single sided diorama. This is wave one and I started out with two products, a single wall that has two removable panels and a floor that comes two per box. There are several ways to connect these together though.

I am in the middle of having wave 2 designed right now. The second wave will have a catwalk geared more towards Star Wars and will have an interior wall that will look familiar.

I would love to know your thoughts if you have any questions feel free to ask them.

These should arrive and be ready for shipping in late April early May of this year. Smalljoes.com has picked the line up.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I'm a little surprised it's not cheaper if it's being injection molded using factories in China...but maybe that only kicks in if you can get a high number made.

Or did I read something wrong?

snakeeyes1998

The Unwashed
Jul 8, 2012
We are running out of time for this Kickstarter to fund. There is about 5 hours left. Please take a look and pledge towards making this a reality. If you haven't jumped in on series one yet the "ALL IN! Every Series Two x3!! + Series 1" is a great value it includes 7 wall sets and 5 floor sets from Series 1 at about $25 discount from what is would run you on Smalljoes.com plus 3 of all unlocked series 2.

I know it's payday for most of us. Though in what you can. Once the survey goes out Raginspoon mentioned on a interview that you could add additional funds that will count towards unlocking items and won't end the survey until some time late January.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Pssst. pcsguy88 look at this

These buildings look straight out of Ghost Recon Breakpoint! LOL

Wasn't Raginspoon a cast0r at some point? Name sounds vaguely familiar.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
That means you know Coby. He's the only collector I know in KC.

Yep - I know Coby as well - see him every year too. I buy from both at that show. I rarely buy actual Joe stuff, this past year I snagged some cowboys from Small Joes, casts from both Coby and Spoon and talked to people about my paint work for Marauder. LOL

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
HEY - this funded so if any of you were considering supporting - jump in and lets get to some stretch goals!