Considering an airbrush.

Akunin

Snow Bunny
Apr 7, 2011
if its any consolation your interest has kindled my own. I read this thread back when you started and I'm finally ready to get my own. I have a few model projects and I think airbrushing will really make them pop.

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
It's funny...when I ordered it, I was in full on customizing mode...by the time I finally got the thing about a month later, my motivation to work had completely vanished in favor of other things...I've yet to get the urge to get back to the table to paint...haven't tested it out at all :headinsand:

Hey Eddie, are you using it yet? Do you still want it? pm me and if you want to get rid of it we can talk.

Akunin

Snow Bunny
Apr 7, 2011
Just ordered the Badger 155 Anthem...

Should be interesting, never used one before!

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
Whatever you do, don't buy anything from the VEDA company... yikes.

Their advertising claims that the VEDA brushes are made at the same factory that makes IWATA brushes, so I figured why not try it. They are 1/10 the price of an IWATA
(the one I bought cost me $26 shipped from Hong Kong. Yeah, that should have been my first clue...)

I received it today, opened it, filled with paint and started spraying. Well... tried to spray. It would not spray. At all. I had to throw away the paint, disassemble the brush, and spend an hour cleaning it. I put it back together and filled it with more paint but it did not spray again. Again, throw away paint and disassemble and clean.

I decided to try and put some water through it to see if would spray. I mean, there isn't much out there that's thinner than water, right? Nope, still not spraying. The air will come out when I press the trigger, but when I pull back to atomize the paint (or water) nothing comes out. In fact, the air pressure lowers as I pull the trigger back...

Needless to say, I'm sending it back for a refund. I guess I'll stick with my Badger brushes instead. At least they work well. And American made!!