[Contest] CC's Itinerary

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I have him. Unfortunately, my camera is broken, and I don't have a way to take a pic of him. I've contacted MW about giving me the address for the next guy, as I didn't want to hold the contest up, but he insisted on waiting until I was able to take a picture. I still have no problem with shipping him to the next guy, but I need the address.

I do still have Cobra Commander and all of his souvenirs that he's picked up from other members. I do apologize as I went AWOL for months and totally forgot about him and the contest in the midst of life. I do want to stress though that I was more than willing to go ahead and ship him months ago, but was told there was no rush and was never given an address. So, instead of taking a guess at the correct address to send him to, I held on to him.

The good news is that I got my camera fixed a month or so ago, and can take the pic, but for the love of the contest, can someone PLEASE give me an address so that I'm not hounded about mailing him by Admins and Mods that expect me to ship him without one?! Not sure if they're :trollface: or just being :eddieism:. Either way, I'll keep on being :racist:.

*Edit* I was asked not to make another post until I ship CC. So, while I did make this post, which I thought was important since it pertained to CC, I won't make another post until I get the address and he's in the mail.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Damn I need to get busy on my dio for this shot...two locations away so I have a solid 6 months to get it finished.

Vindicare86

TANSTAAFL
Apr 4, 2011
Germantown, MD
I think maybe we should get a new list of who's interested and committed? I have faith Cloud will mail him out, but we need a solid list of who wants to participate.. aka who remembers what this even is :)

I vaguely remember, but the thread with the actual outline of the rules and ideas is long gone. I didn't sign up when it started, but I'd be down.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Jesus this started 2 years ago!

Do I remember right that the CC and accessories we have now is version 2 as the 1st one was never passed on by someone? So the 1st accessories are all missing - example the trophy bass CC caught on morning while staying in Iowa?

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah I think so, Wry1 got CC and accessories and dropped off the face of the planet. I am not sure what's with CC now though, but VideoViper donated this one I believe.

This is a saga for the ages! I have a child who is younger than this contest!

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
I think maybe we should get a new list of who's interested and committed? I have faith Cloud will mail him out, but we need a solid list of who wants to participate.. aka who remembers what this even is :)

If we go this route I'll probably bow out at this point.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Fogger - maybe we can just flip flop you and midget...so we don't have a shipping issue we can do a handoff on the metro and then you can get it to Midget when you are done.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Okay time to clear a few things up:

-We will NOT be creating a new list

-We will continue to follow the current list.

-When Cloud posts his photos, the next address will be sent to him.

-The few people who have already participated, already know this but:

-When you are next on the list, you get a very detailed PM explaining all the rules, given all the links and you get 1 more opportunity to bail out. A few people have done so. A few other people have chose to ignore all that info and then try and bail out AFTER they have the figure. It doesn't work that way.

-Contest will continue on as planned and maybe we'll be done within 5 years.

-Also, some of the more vocal people are also some of the people who had CC in possession for 6+ months... jus sayin.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Okay time to clear a few things up:

-We will NOT be creating a new list

-We will continue to follow the current list.

-When Cloud posts his photos, the next address will be sent to him.

-The few people who have already participated, already know this but:

-When you are next on the list, you get a very detailed PM explaining all the rules, given all the links and you get 1 more opportunity to bail out. A few people have done so. A few other people have chose to ignore all that info and then try and bail out AFTER they have the figure. It doesn't work that way.

-Contest will continue on as planned and maybe we'll be done within 5 years.

-Also, some of the more vocal people are also some of the people who had CC in possession for 6+ months... jus sayin.

Nice, way to go champ! :thumbsup: Maybe by the time this is done one or two members will remember what this is even about.

Can't you see that this is ridiculous at this point? EDDIE didn't even know what we were talking about in another thread. This needs to end.

Fogger, Midget, etc don't even want to participate anymore. You've killed your own contest by dragging it on for so long.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Nice, way to go champ! :thumbsup: Maybe by the time this is done one or two members will remember what this is even about.

Can't you see that this is ridiculous at this point? EDDIE didn't even know what we were talking about in another thread. This needs to end.

Fogger, Midget, etc don't even want to participate anymore. You've killed your own contest by dragging it on for so long.

I haven't killed it for dragging it out so long. I haven't gone AWOL or kept the figure for months at a time. I haven't ignored simple directions.

As stated in the previous post, when a persons turn comes up, they get notified before it's shipped and if they have any additional questions or choose not to participate. They have that option before the figure is ever shipped to them.

Therefore if Fogger, Midget or anybody else don't wish to participate, they will have the chance not too. It's not fair to rob others the chance to participate when the Contest hasn't even reached certain regions of the country yet. You don't change the rules halfway through, that is a lack of integrity.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Picture taken and posted!

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I haven't killed it for dragging it out so long. I haven't gone AWOL or kept the figure for months at a time. I haven't ignored simple directions.

As stated in the previous post, when a persons turn comes up, they get notified before it's shipped and if they have any additional questions or choose not to participate. They have that option before the figure is ever shipped to them.

Therefore if Fogger, Midget or anybody else don't wish to participate, they will have the chance not too. It's not fair to rob others the chance to participate when the Contest hasn't even reached certain regions of the country yet. You don't change the rules halfway through, that is a lack of integrity.

Ah, I think you misunderstood. I didn't mean start all over again, I meant look at the list of who's next and see who is still going to participate. Cut out the people who don't want to anymore, so we can have a clear list of who's still interested.

Basically a check in to see who's still paying attention, and/or to add people like HeelJoe etc if people feel like they can't reasonably participate.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
People are notified before their turn, if they choose not to participate, They get removed. I don't remember everybody at this moment, I can look it up if you wish but at least 5 or 6 people over the course of the Contest have removed themselves.

There has also been a few people who hadn't logged in for many months that I would send the notification and give them 2-3 days before I wrote them off.

As for adding/replacing people, I don't think that's a good move. Early on in the Contest, 4-5 people asked to join after it started and I refused them. Not to be a dick but in order to follow the rules. We had a sign up period. If you weren't cool enough to be a member of the site when it started.. your loss :D Other than going back on my previous word, I think the last thing we need to do is add more stops! I think everyone can agree on that :p

Long story short:

The list isn't the problem. The people is the problem. Not all, and not just Cloud. Several people have displayed bad judgement, lack of urgency, blatant disregard of the rules/directions and just being lazy. Again, not all, some people had the figure in a very reasonable time frame. Some people had personal issues and explained that too me publicly and/or privately and finally some people just pulled a dick move. *cough* Wry1 *cough*

Now with a new destination planned... maybe we can go on a good run. Maybe :D

shadowwarrior

Enlisted
Nov 9, 2013
Wales, UK
www.flickr.com
Hey MW, I see what you mean and I respect what you stated regarding adding people etc.

However I did notice that there will be no entries in Europe at all in there, I am ure it wouldn't be too much of an issue to chuck me and heel joe on the end?

I'm pretty sure we are both reliable and if we both got on with it it could be back in the US within 2 weeks, just thought for food.

I for one am always looking at more ways to immerse myself in this hobby (even though in the UK, the community is non existant).

Hell, I would even opt out of the prizes tbh, just to get involved ya'know it looks like a great laugh :)

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I have a draft for a follow up contest somewhere... prolly on the server. I'll dig it up some day. That one can start in 2020!