Votes: 23 50.0%
  • Bunny

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
We just finished up another Officer Contest and in this one the public gets to pick the winner!!!

Official Rules will be in the next post and the entries will follow.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Dead Man Walking

Rules:

1. Create a Zombie Figure (must be in 1:18 scale)

2. Custom must be created for the Contest and can't be previously shown on the forum or any other forum.

3. You can have up to 2 entries for the contest

4. Must create your own thread(s) titled *User's Dead Man Walking entry*

5. Contest runs from 9/1/13 - 10/31/13

6. All entries must be submitted by 10/31 Midnight Central Time

7. Voting will be via Poll on the Public forums. Voting will take place 11/1 - 11/6.

8. Prize #1 will be a MIB Cobra Mech

9. Prize #2 will be a MIB G.I.Joe Mech

10. Prize #3 will be a TWD Exclusive Comic that was only available at the St. Louis Comic Con donated by Ewokhunter92.

11. Winner takes all 3 Prizes!

11a. If Ewokhunter92 wins the Contest, Prize #3 will be given away via a special giveaway TBD.

Prize #1

Prize #2

Prize #3
[/QUOTE]

HeelJoe

Is singin' in Acid Rain
Jan 23, 2013
Midlands - UK
All four entries are f'n awesome!!! Very high quality customs. Well done to those officers who made them for this comp :thumbsup:

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
That was a really tough choice, but the exposed backbone on the stripper looks too awesome not to get my vote...that and those looks like my $100s.

HeelJoe

Is singin' in Acid Rain
Jan 23, 2013
Midlands - UK
I'm surprised that there isn't more votes especially as I get the vibe that everyone loves zombies. I've cast my vote, went with the police man. I appreciate the work on the stripper with the big ol titties out but it scares me... I love boobs & they are precious, can't be dealin with zombie titties lol.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
Wow the one showing tits is ahead, what a surprise!!!! :)
Voted for the Cobra Trooper.

you'd think over all that is the gist of it, but the actual body, the detail and the concept is what did it for me. Nothing against the others, but this one is good one.

The way I look at entries like this, is if they were in a movie. A ripped in half one? done before. Cop zombie? done, a person wearing such a costume? done. But now envision running into an abandoned strip club trying to hide from zombies and there on the stage was this zombie, still dancing, albeit clumsy like, and other Zombies starting at her, holding up money, arms, dead cat.

This is why i chose it, it piqued my interest in a way to tell a story.

But that's just my 2¢

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
nope its the tits. Plain and simple, rest, except the head, is just an AoD zombie figure, done before too. Not trying to Diss the Stripper custom, I would gladly take her, just pointing out facts.

oh and Ewok, there was an entire movie about zombie Strippers called, you guessed it, Zombie Strippers starring Robert England, so it too has been done. I bet just about every concept of zombies has been done before.

edit - Let it be known, I am a poor sport when it comes to losing something I feel confident about. lol. I just can't help it even though I know it.

Last edited:

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
nope its the tits. Plain and simple, rest, except the head, is just an AoD zombie figure, done before too. Not trying to Diss the Stripper custom, I would gladly take her, just pointing out facts.

oh and Ewok, there was an entire movie about zombie Strippers called, you guessed it, Zombie Strippers starring Robert England, so it too has been done. I bet just about every concept of zombies has been done before.

edit - Let it be known, I am a poor sport when it comes to losing something I feel confident about. lol. I just can't help it even though I know it.

oh really? Zombie midget clowns have been done? (and don't post about Zombie Midgets takeover or whatever that drivel is)

:fuckit:

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
I must not have seen enough of the AoD Deadites...I just really liked the detail of that exposed back bone. The feet and hands are fugly in a bad scuplt kind of way. But yeah the hundred dollar bills were pretty funny.

MMorelock66

Isn't a Gijoe fan
Apr 4, 2012
the land of Virginia
I must not have seen enough of the AoD Deadites...I just really liked the detail of that exposed back bone. The feet and hands are fugly in a bad scuplt kind of way. But yeah the hundred dollar bills were pretty funny.

Ebay has deadites pretty cheap, I might be looking at getting a few. Fallout ghouls!

DarkWynter

Plastic Pimp
Mar 2, 2013
I love all the entries, but I am surprised the bunny did not get more attention. It was my favorite of the bunch. She was perfectly executed.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
I love all the entries, but I am surprised the bunny did not get more attention. It was my favorite of the bunch. She was perfectly executed.

My vote was between those the stripper and the bunny. I've seen some of the AoD deadites, but never from the back, I didn't realize the exposed backbone was part of it. I thought that was sculpted.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
But now envision running into an abandoned strip club trying to hide from zombies and there on the stage was this zombie, still dancing, albeit clumsy like, and other Zombies starting at her, holding up money, arms, dead cat.

There NOT zombies... The proper term is illegally trafficed sex worker, although they do dance like zombies so I see where you are confused. :)
:trollface:

DarkWynter

Plastic Pimp
Mar 2, 2013
My vote was between those the stripper and the bunny. I've seen some of the AoD deadites, but never from the back, I didn't realize the exposed backbone was part of it. I thought that was sculpted.

The deadites are a great base, but did have a few flaws. Particularly the hands, feet, paint apps (they were blan and did not highlight the detailed nature of the sculpt...especially the exposed muscle and bones), and fragile nature.
Despite the flaws they are an excellent base. With minor sculpting additions and paint you can kitbash or even build whole new zeds. The base sculpt makes it very easy to sculpt added layers on and have it blend in realistically. With the details on the base, it is hard not to end up with a movie-worthy prop.....of course adding equally detailed items like your bills and Medds backdrop certainly help :). I was thinking about this custom as soon as I saw your cash prints.
The bunny really stood out to me, as it is a "fresh" dead that captures the former beauty and tragedy of the zombie. If the stripper popped out at you, it could be put down easy with no hesitation. The bunny is not so much a monster that you don't feel sad and a sense of loss for her.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Thanks DW. I act like a butthead and your still a class act! I was actually more proud of my cop. I have had him in the making for a long time. It's my favorite zombie head sculpt out there. I have the donor of the arm planned but not finished. My thoughts on it were, The cop arrested the guy during the outbreak and cuffed him haphazardly, guy grabs knife from somebody in the melee and stabs the cop. The cop dies and turns and eats the guy ripping his arm off in the process. The two parts of the arms do attach, I just have to finish the rest of the guy.

I always forget to ask owners of deadites how strong the joints are. They look so fragile.

Last edited:

DarkWynter

Plastic Pimp
Mar 2, 2013
Thanks DW. I act like a butthead and your still a class act! I was actually more proud of my cop. I have had him in the making for a long time. It's my favorite zombie head sculpt out there. I have the donor of the arm planned but not finished. My thoughts on it were, The cop arrested the guy during the outbreak and cuffed him haphazardly, guy grabs knife from somebody in the melee and stabs the cop. The cop dies and turns and eats the guy ripping his arm off in the process. The two parts of the arms do attach, I just have to finish the rest of the guy.

I always forget to ask owners of deadites how strong the joints are. They look so fragile.

Don't get me wrong, I love the cop (all the entries were excellent). The bunny was my favorite though. I am keeping an eye out for parts in my bins to try making both the cop and the bunny based off yours.

The deadites are extremely fragile. The originals are a brittle plastic and very thin. It is not uncommon to have them broke in an unopened package. I have the parts cast, so don't be surprised if Santa sends you a copy this year ;). Be warned though, due to the thin fragile nature I would consider these an expert level kit to assemble.