Custom M-ATV (WIP)

eldraco3

Oct 19, 2020
it looks great! I am thinking you used the Joy Toy hummer and smashed it with a 25 buck hummer on amazon. I am not sure about the flag or whatever it is called upfront. It looks great! I have not had my hands on the Joy Toy MWAP yet, if I missed something.

Reactions: YautjaClanLeader

YautjaClanLeader

Sep 2, 2018
Tampa, FL
The custom work includes: LED light system which I rigged to the back instead of doors. I added an armored humvee turret, smoke dispensers, and Rhino Anti-IED device (aka "flag thing.")

eldraco3

Oct 19, 2020
I am looking for this on your YouTube page but I have not seen it yet. I would love to see the lights in action. I am working on a 1/18 MRAP Trumpeter model which I will share with you when I complete it.

eldraco3

Oct 19, 2020
You are light-years in front of me with customizing. I have a to-scale Apache sitting upstairs that I am planning on repainting and adding lights too. It cost the price of a small country to pick up on EBAY.

YautjaClanLeader

Sep 2, 2018
Tampa, FL
I've been slowly improving this thing and making it as realistic as I possibly can.

I constructed a Hi-Lift Jack for my custom MATV. It is secured to the hood by two removable hooks I drilled into the hood area. I also added mudflaps, bolt cutters, crowbar, IFF pannels, front side mirrors, and various other repair/maintenance tools.

Not sure where MRAPs or MATVs carry the jack, but I did it this way based on a lifted jeep I saw on the roadway while working the other day.

The jack is made from cut ziptie and cut/trimmed/sanded polystyrene poles, strips, and tubes. Painted by me.

Idea was inspired by this ebay item.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sgt301

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
That’s nice! I’m waiting on a 1/16 scale Maxxpro (RC) MRAP to get to me from China. (Hopefully before they start a war) These trucks have quite a bit more protection than our old M151A2’s or the first hummers we had.

YautjaClanLeader

Sep 2, 2018
Tampa, FL
That’s nice! I’m waiting on a 1/16 scale Maxxpro (RC) MRAP to get to me from China. (Hopefully before they start a war) These trucks have quite a bit more protection than our old M151A2’s or the first hummers we had.
Those Gen-1 hummers were garbage. I'm glad you survived using them. The armored up late war variants weren't too bad from what I understand. I also have one of those thanks to Picklehaube!
Looks very nice !!!
Thank you, sir! Means a lot coming from you.

Reactions: Sgt301