Cycle armor and HISS scout at retail in Canada

A.V.A.C.

Beezlebuberator
Mar 16, 2011
A laboratory trash bin.
Awesome, Canada gets them. I hope the border patrol doesn't intercept them and deny them entry due to their military nature. Then the rest will end up at Ross with the closest one 500 miles away from me, super.

I need that scout and driver dammit, lots, for butchery purposes of course.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I thought this was old news?

Anyhoo, a couple more boring ass Hasbro vehicles i won't have to stare at clogging shelves.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Was it old? I might be a bit behind then. I just got the e mail last night about it.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeh, i thought i heard that Canada was being cursed with them a couple of days ago.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I guess it's possible. I just saw it. I have been away so I'm out of the loop. I guess we'll see how popular these are. Didn't the wave 3 ROC start like that and then hit ROSS?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
this weird thing that looks like its missing the body of the vehicle?

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
"Hey I got a brilliant idea. Let's throw a seat between a pair of HISS treads and slap a gun on it!"

I know sometimes Cobra has had some pretty lame vehicles(POGO anyone?), but the HISS scout really takes the cake for stupid. I don't think even Cobra would be interested in that.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Alas, things like it were the reason this board was formed.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
The idea that it could detach from a big hiss and scout is cool and all, but I got a couple problems with it.

1.) no canopy, no protection, no point. It's asking to eat Grenades.

2.) couldn't a smaller robot do this same task more stealthily and effectively? In fact wasn't there suppose to be one that came with Cobra Commander a while back? That seems much more practical. They should have just thrown Croc Master out of the newer waves and put in a tank driver that came with said drone.

alcinde4

Kicker of asses and such
May 16, 2011
Atlanta, GA
"Hey I got a brilliant idea. Let's throw a seat between a pair of HISS treads and slap a gun on it!"

I know sometimes Cobra has had some pretty lame vehicles(POGO anyone?), but the HISS scout really takes the cake for stupid. I don't think even Cobra would be interested in that.

I still want it :eek:.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
If I see them in Meijers or TJ Max for real cheap in the future I'll get a couple for a Dio of a cobra tank factory or testing site. They could be used as incomplete tanks waiting to be assembled (or sabotaged) or as factory defected tanks Cobra (or Joes) use for target practice.Those are the best ideas I could come up with them for potential use.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Putting those treads on an OG Hiss would be like putting deep dish tires on a Dode K car. I bet the HISS body would fit in there though.

duffmann

Duff Beer Mascot
Jun 19, 2011
Fallbrook
Is there any news at all if these will be in any US retailers? Or maybe something that will be sold at the club, or places like bbts? People on eBay are charging a boat load for these and I want a set but not at 3 to 4 times more than the Canadian retail prices.

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
Is there any news at all if these will be in any US retailers? Or maybe something that will be sold at the club, or places like bbts? ....

Or frackin' HTS...I don't understand what Hasbro is saying that they can't find a US distributor for these. I know that HTS is "different" from Hasbro, but let's get real here.....

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Considering these had hit Canadian discount stores I'd say at best these would go to a discount store here in the US. They really are fairly shitty. I would hold out and see if they come here in the next year. It's possible. Figure it took about 6 months for the ROC Alpha's to make it once they were found up there.

It didn't sound too promising at Canada Con these would be in the US. Of course anything is possible but I would not hold your breath especially with the 30th items starting to show up. Christmas at ROSS would be my guess.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It's always tough for me to gauge these things without seeing them in person. People usually go ape-shit over these rare and cancelled items in their reviews

The two reviews that I saw for the MOSPEDA knock-off were pretty damn lukewarm.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
It's always tough for me to gauge these things without seeing them in person. People usually go ape-shit over these rare and cancelled items in their reviews

I had them both in hand. I stand by my claim. Others may dig it though. PCS has pictures of the armor.

PFunk

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
The scout HISS looks like it would be cool flanked by COBRA soldiers rolling down a street in Kabul, doing some PMC work.

I might get one, but I'm saving my shekels for a 1/16 scale Ferrari car model...Chuckles' undercover ride...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
If I ever come across a 1:18 '86 Testarossa it is on like Donkey Kong.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
For those that want these reasonable I guess Pdaaat over at HT is selling them around cost it seems.