DC 3.75"

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Penquin is definitely too tall. I really have to wonder if Mattel will ever get their figures "right". I know MU isn't perfect, but at least Hasbro has done a fairly decent job on them overall. How many times can we say this... "if only Hasbro had the DC line".

At this rate, I can't wait to get Catwoman. I'm sure she'll be as tall as Bats too.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I actually wondered the exact thing. If a good paint job would make it look like the one they showed us or if they did change sculpts.

Man I want that Penguin!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1ZYOsirI_I[/ame]

So do I. Tall or not.

Last edited:

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Actually this time I don't mind that Penguin is too tall. I never liked the Batman returns version. (Weird because they had the right guy playing him, but then made him a mutant.)

I might pick one up if I see him in the stores.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Is that Penguin hard to find? Because our Target just had 2. I think. Had at least one.

Along with 1 unmasked "giant child-head" Batman, and a bunch of Bats and Zods. I don't collect DC trash, so I don't really follow 'em. :thumbsup:

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
no idea if he will be hard to find, he just started shipping.

My Target was sold out of the Multiverse figures already. So gonna keep stopping back, hopefully next stock is Penguin revision wave.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It has been reported. It's an easy fix, though.

For those curious about what lies beneath :

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Can't wait to see what you come up with for an arm fix KT. I will be watching and hopefully able to copy the method. I love this Batman already and with better arm articulation he will be all kinds of awesome.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Yeah... I'd start with a MU buck for starters. And since Keaton's Bats isn't that big, I'd use a Spidey buck with sculpt.

Sounds like a plan to me...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Someone over yonder used a Punisher.

It works, but you sacrifice a lot of the look. I think swapping in a new elbow would be easier for the talentless amongst us.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Someone over yonder used a Punisher.

It works, but you sacrifice a lot of the look. I think swapping in a new elbow would be easier for the talentless amongst us.

Saw that... looks like ass, imo. No other effort, other than a head/mantle/cape swap. Lame.

Which is why I suggest a Spidey buck, to keep the overall body size slightly smaller. Keaton was nowhere near "big". Even with the added muscle suit.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Anyone know the chances of getting a Dick Tracy in this line?

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Anyone seen the Injustice Batman vs Joker pack in the wild yet?

Edit: Nevermind. Just realized it's only up for pre-order right now.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
because of Penguin's height I'm not even bothering looking for him
my Target has 3 Keaton masked Bats

I can't be the only one who wants an Arkham City Catwoman?

You do know that the Penguin height issue is fixable, right?

I'd take her. Probably a little too much cleavage for this line, though.

Vindicare86

TANSTAAFL
Apr 4, 2011
Germantown, MD
I can't agree more about Batman, but for Spidey... SHS version is tops for me!

The SHS one is probably the best overall right now, but it still has room for improvement imo, it falls apart when you look at it and I know I'm crazy, but I actually like the webs to be printed instead of molded. I also had one of the hands snap off on me, haven't been able to replace it. :crying:

Jrsmi6

Leprechan Hunter
Don't know if this has bee mentioned yet or not , but I just managed to score the unmasked Batman(Keaton) , Penguin, Zod and Standard (masked) Batman from Target for $7.99 each. I almost bought them the other day at TRU or $15.99 each , but couldn't pull he trigger since they aren't worth that much. The Keaton head looks ok but it desperately needs repainted , I plan to cast it along with the Zod later this week.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Established fact that they completely botched the paint masks on the Keaton heads. Sill gonna buy one if I ever see it.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I just called my closer Target to see if any figures came in. The person said no, the peg is gone and their online ordering system says Target is no longer carrying this line in stores, that it says online only but they are not available online either.

WTF, I hope the person was just a moron. These are the only toys I have seen stock moving at Target here.

edit - got the same response from the next closest Target to me.

Last edited:

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Started my first Pile of Loot on BBTS for Penguin. It wouldn't turn on for me for the life of me. I hit turn on and hit the change button, order it, it would charge me for everything and not show in The pile. go back into settings and see its on, turn on repeat. 3 times It took.

well, at least the shipping is there in credit now for when I decide to ship. Hopefully they put a Superman pre-order or order up soon.

I'll pay anyone more than cost if they pick me up a Superman if they find one before BBTS has them in stock. This figure has hit Sgt Slaughter wanting from me. Very rare for me to want a figure bad enough to agree to go above cost. Yeah, I usually am that cheap. lol.

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
So the target you did get DC figs from is no longer going to carry them?!...:explode:

Toy collecting is sooooo irritating!

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
yup, and every time I went in they were selling. Only action figures I saw revolving stock. Full pegs one day, empty next, they couldn't keep them in stock. Complete idiocy. Lets cancel the one toy line we sell. But good god they have a whole aisle devoted to the WWE figures now. That NEVER sell at the price point they are.

If they don't get the new BBI figures, Star Wars and those super cheap Avengers figures will be only 3 3/4 to 4 inch figures they sell here at Target.

Last edited: