DC Comics, DC Universe...

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Friends,

Feel free to post all things related to the DC Universe right here!

BTW, I am stoked about Swamp Thing's release into the DC Universe Classics line.

Check this out:

http://www.actionfigurepics.com/2011/05/dc-universe-classics-swamp-thing-articulation-pics

It's a long time coming for him, IMHO...

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
I believe that figure is a prototype, with the actual product yet to be photographed.

Hopefully the final version won't have a spare tire!

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
Wow that Swamp Thing is cool. I just read a munch of the Alan Moore run. Really neat book.

Sooo I'm also assuming that whoever is in charge of DC has lost it. WTF is up with this reboot?

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I'm torn on the DC reboot/relaunch. Some of the new concepts seem like good moves. Some seem like change for change's sake. Based on sales numbers, DC had to do something, and it seems they are swinging for the fence. Either they'll hit a homer or strike out in a big way.

The reader in me just wants good stories and couldn't care how they get there. The collector in me wants to kick DC in the vagina for renumbering Batman and Detective. And then Marvel goes and announces that they are cancelling and restarting Uncanny X-Men. I have collected three titles with unbroken runs since the late 60's/early 70's, and in the span of a week DC and Marvel flushed all three. Boooooooo.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
being a big (classic) Supes fan, i'm VERY turned off by his new look...the solid color uni is awful (IMO)...

the worst part, is i'm quite certain they'll use some similar look in the movie...finally Supes is gonna get a good action packed movie, but he's gonna look like a$$...what a bummer...

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
DC Universe Classics was a great program, and if they are altering it, then it's not the fault of the figures, that is for damn certain.

I love the quality of the Superfriends style figures, particularly Batman and Robin.

Not a fan of the 3 inch DC line, so they can scrap that for all I care.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
question guys...IF they make a JLA movie, what would you want the title to be?

personally, i'd like it to be simply Justice League of America

though i'd be really surpized to see them keep the "America" part being that its such an evil word lately

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
just got Toyman yesterday to complete my Legion of Doom...didn't realize how cool he was today...

he has articulated wrists and double jointed elbows for extra cool posing!...like saying "hmmm, i don't know"

Attachments

• IMG_0590.jpg
    IMG_0590.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0591.jpg
    IMG_0591.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0592.jpg
    IMG_0592.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 3

Starfighter

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
I picked up the 6-inch Batman: Legacy figures at Target last Friday before seeing Captain America. I had also picked up the Assassin's Creed 4-inch figures and the Halo: Reach Red Mongoose Set as well.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
My fanboy self always like the sound of these things too, Eddie, so don't feel bad. It's just that in reality, the execution always sucks because you have two different companies, full of people sticking their fingers in the pie. There never is any plot, just a sad excuse for some roll call, action sequences, and clunky resolution.

The other issue is that TFs and superheroes don't mesh well from a fiction standpoint. Optimus Prime battling Lex Luthor or the Joker seems lame, and DC isn't going to allow Megatron to kick Superman's ass... so the reality never plays out like you think it should.

The concept of a GL Prime or Invisible Plane Seeker is awesome... but for some reason it doesn't pan out. But I understand about getting excited over the possibilities.