Doctor Who in 1:18

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Does anyone have any of the earlier ones? I am very curious how the overcoat on the one figure will fit on other lines. Hoping if any of the other figures that have been released can still be somewhat used, these will be too.

I think these may work good beside the movie avatar civilians in a dio which I love the look of their size compared to the Injustice DC guys.

The Willoughbian

Proletariat Art Threat
Jun 24, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Not sure how his response came off as pissy. It was just stating fact. Pissy would have been:

"Fuck you, man! This is true scale and you're stupid!"

It could have been perceived in exactly that tone.

And the other posts were just making light of it because of some of the bullshit that went on elsewhere over this very same issue, but with guns instead.

I'm aware, and I'm sure there were plenty of people fanning the flames with great mirth.

It's all good. I was so on the fence as whether that was sarcasm after XOC sarcasm. lol.

edit - as long as the debates don't go name calling and stick to the debate, there is never a worry about a debate over a hot topic. Debates can be good when people are in control of emotions. No need to ever apologize for that bro. I took it no other way than a debate.

Let's just move forward and talk toys!!

Are we gonna bro-hug now? :D

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
sure can.

My opinion. The biggest issue to me with this debate is everyone is correct since we really don't know what any company considers the average person to base math off of. If they even do that anymore when they design them with all the part swapping. My 6' to 4" math is just the easiest way to express it. But when Hasbro itself releases 30 Han Solos and 1/3 are 3.75", 1/3 are 4" and 1/3 fall somewhere in between, we have no basis to stand by. So if they themselves can't set a standard, we can really only debate. No right answers but at the same time all are right answers.

TL/DR - I should never opened my mouth, there really is no right answer :D

I just go with 3.5" to 5" for a figure as working for me. lol.

I really want that long coat the more I look at it.

Last edited:

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
If I recall, Storm Troopers are generally rather short at around 5'5" or 5'8". I can't find the source material I got that from, but if I can, I'll put it up. That said, it WOULD make Storm Troopers at their toy height about in scale with the shorter joes.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Here's something:

"Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper" - Princess Leia to Luke Skywalker, disguised as a stormtrooper, upon seeing him for the first time in her cell on Death Star.

Does that comment ever get backed up in the canon?

The answer should be based on one of the two things:

Explicit canon information (e.g. Luke's height, average ST height during 0 ABY). This should be backed by explicit canon quotes/cites (canon levels G-, T-, C-, D-).

Canon movie analysis (compare the physical height of the Hamill's character to the height of stormtroopers next to him, directly or by transitivity). This should ideally be accompanied by screenshots.

Please note that out of universe this is likely false. Mark Hamill, according to Googling, is 5'9", while Temuera Morrison (aka Jango Fett, the template for clone troopers) is 5'7". {insert your rant about many troopers NOT being clones in 0ABY HERE}

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
These look much better than the first series I hope my Barnes and Noble carries these as well.

I should check there. I was thinking Hastings would be my only b&m option.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
TFUK had the Tenth Doctor/Amy Pond wave as an "Autumn" release. The repaint wave of the 1st wave of 3.5" figures is supposed to be out this month.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
$14.99 that's why I passed on 11 and Clara . I did grab a few weeping angels however.

My Hastings had these as well, and no way was I going to pay $15 for a figure that wouldn't even be the same height as most of my figures.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
I love Walgreens. I'm going to have to start shopping there. They are really starting to pick up on their action figure options.

Underground Toys Hops On The Walgreens Bandwagon With New Doctor Who Figure Exclusives - - Action Figures Toys News ToyNewsI.com

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
1:18 Amy Pond? At Walgreens? FUCK YES!

*sign* I'll never see them.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Anyone seen these yet? I know we're only a month in, but I'd like to get a crack at them before all that's available is the 11th Doctor.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I haven't been in a store yet but I do check online each day. I haven't seen them come up yet, but that doesn't mean they haven't shown up in a store yet.

Walgreen's Toys

I'll probably check this weekend.

Might try to go out tomorrow. Doesn't look like there have been any sightings. I really want to militarize that Genesis Dalek.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Anyone seen these yet? I know we're only a month in, but I'd like to get a crack at them before all that's available is the 11th Doctor.

Saw them at some outlet store. The name of the place was like "calendars, books, games, and toys"

Or something like that.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ah, so that's why I no see-um. Haven't seen that Peter Dinklage figure, either.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
0 for 2 so far at Walgreens... I did see a MK9 Raiden and NIghtwolf at 1 though. I though about getting them but ended up passing on them.

I ran across a couple Amy variants and a new 12th Dr. coming in the future.

There is another image of the Amy in the white shirt. That figure is wearing jeans.

Last edited:

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Checked the one Walgreens here in town, they only had two Amy Ponds...both wearing all black. I was hoping to find some Daleks. :(

I would have picked up one of the Amy figures, but I'm tapped out for this month. I hope they will still be around till the start of October.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Saw these at FYE...sad that they are too big.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 15

Jrsmi6

Leprechan Hunter
I've seen the gold Dalek , but I can't seem to find a 12th Dr. With his screwdriver. I have seen several of the Amy in her black outfit and the 10th Dr in the coat. Any word on when the variant of Amy and 10 are supposed to be available?