Frank Frazetta Inspired Customs

Fritzkrieg

Enlisted
Apr 20, 2011
I was watching a Frank Frazetta, cartoon "Fire and Ice" the other day, and was inspired by his art. Here is a custom Warrior I came up with.

http://http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u27/Order66Customs/Barbarian2.jpg

Since Hasbro is still draging their but, I made another Ares.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Awesome job, man! Both look great.

How many Ares customs does that make now? I'm not saying that you're overdoing him, just curious. You've done an excellent job on all of the ones that I can remember.

Toothpic_Vic

Enlisted
Mar 8, 2012
Frazetta is the Man! His artwork is so timeless.

I'm sure most people have seen his work and other inspirations that stem from his work. They just don't know of him.

BTW, those are badass customs, Fritzkrieg! Funny thing about the movie "Fire and Ice" (I've only seen Youtube clips of it with heavy metal music playing in the background) and my first thought was, "That looks like something Frazetta would do."

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
How can you guys not know about Frazetta?? To me, his paintings define the fantasy genre.

I recently re-watched Ralph Bakshi's Fire and Ice, and fell asleep halfway through. Rotoscoped animation and a voluptuous chick in barely-there clothing do not a good movie make.

malcadon

H8ter4life
Mar 14, 2011
Pimpvile
To me, his paintings define the fantasy genre.
Same here. I see a lot of fantasy paintings from the '70s and '80s - Boris Vallejo, Julie Bell, Brom - but his was and still is the best!:thumbsup:
I recently re-watched Ralph Bakshi's Fire and Ice, and fell asleep halfway through. Rotoscoped animation and a voluptuous chick in barely-there clothing do not a good movie make.
Yeah, tell me about it! Ralph Bakshi made a name for himself by making cartoons adult (Fritz the Cat, Heavy Traffic, Coonskin), and Frank's works was full of gratuitous titties. That movie had about 3 or 4 women in it, and none of them show any tits! Yeah, Princess Teegra spends the whole movie in a silk bikini with some nipple bumps, and the only one who gone topless was the witch who also kept herself covered with 'modesty hair', but that is not enough when you consider they guys who are running the show!

This was a minor disappointment on Bakshi, that would get overshadowed by Cool World, which was subject to major rewrites, because Kim Basinger and the studio thought the movie was too violent and sexual for family viewing! Fuck... Them... Both!!!

Oh yeah, great customs by the way! I like the Conan/Death-Dealer-ish one, but I really like the post-apocalyptic one! Keep-up the good work! :thumbsup:

Here is a great fan-made music video I found in YouTube. Enjoy!

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
I kinda like Fire and Ice, not Ralph's best, Fritz the cat, Wizards etc are all well above it.

But it's a pretty good slice of cheese. Plus Black Wolf's roar when he goes axe crazy is always fun.

Bakshi's always been an Ass-man, and there is plenty of that with Tigra's.

Also, love the use of the Megablok's Mag-knight head for a helmet in the 1st custom. I've got 3 just waiting to be hollowed out.