FSS 7.0

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Anyone else find it odd that Tiger-Force figures are in a deco that is seen on exactly zero tigers in the wild? When was the last time you saw a green tiger not named "Cringer"?

And if you read up on the real 'nam-era Tiger Force, I'm not sure you'd want to pattern your heroes after them anyway... Bad hombres...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_Force

I was never a fan of TF or Python Patrol, as the repaints seemed more like abominations and cash-grabs, even to my kid brain. Only one I liked was Dusty, and that was simply because I liked the character and had somehow missed out on the '85 figure. I did paint brown camo on his noggin though, as the figure looked like a real doofus with a "plain" face.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah, I mainly skipped over the gimmick lines as a kid and totally the second time around. I think I had a TF Flint back in the day, just because Flint was awesome and I had probably totally worn out the original one.

Did you guys ever tape the insides of the joints on your 80's Joes to "re-tighten" them (at least temporarily)? I would also touch up with model paint when I had the colors. Good times.

On another note, my kids have opened up a few more of my remaining Joe stuff. The Snow Cat (whatever they named it when they re-released it) is still one of the coolest vehicles ever! And the new HISS tank is pretty awesome too, except that the hull raises up randomly when it's pushed around very much.

Sorry, had a nostalgia moment... :D

Last edited:

HUNMARINE

Enlisted
Feb 6, 2014
Hungary
This is the 5th Jinx with all the same parts and weapons. Yes...the 5th.
Red, White, Yellow, Black and now Green. I vote for the Pink one as next exclusive! :D

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
And if you read up on the real 'nam-era Tiger Force, I'm not sure you'd want to pattern your heroes after them anyway... Bad hombres...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_Force

Hasbro toy creaters: (sarcasm) "Hey I got an idea let's call them Tiger Force"

Marketers "Ya that's a great idea, we can really sell that"

Hasbro toy creaters: "No! No! No! Don't you know who the real Tiger force was."

Marketers Ya ya ya Can you make us some toys that look like Heman?"

Hasbro toy creaters::fuckit:

TF & Python Patrol sucked. Always had to pretend it somehow fit into the weird stuff Star Wars was selling.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
This is the 5th Jinx with all the same parts and weapons. Yes...the 5th.
Red, White, Yellow, Black and now Green. I vote for the Pink one as next exclusive! :D

Yeah, if we can get pink and blue, Jinx can be ALL of the power rangers!

Which makes me think. As goofy as Joe could be back in the day (and now), I'm thankful I wasn't born a decade later. Imagine being raised on power rangers and captain planet. I'd shoot myself.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Anyone else find it odd that Tiger-Force figures are in a deco that is seen on exactly zero tigers in the wild? When was the last time you saw a green tiger not named "Cringer"?

Well with that perspective, now I like Tiger Force. :headinsand:

Which makes me think. As goofy as Joe could be back in the day (and now), I'm thankful I wasn't born a decade later. Imagine being raised on power rangers and captain planet. I'd shoot myself.

No kidding, right? Though as bad as that was, every decade seems to get worse.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Well, Jinx looks as bad as the original. Not sure why they went with an early '00s repaint. No one gives a shit about that era.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
These look pretty good. Without looking at the vintage figures they look pretty accurate.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
When did he acquire a kangaroo theme? I know most named cobras had odd affectations, but this is basically a two-fer.

I actually thought this guy had already been done in the modern line, but clearly I've lost touch.

EDIT: Big Boa WAS already done by the club in 2013. Apparently this is a *new* character. FFS FSS...

Last edited:

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
ARAH Big Boa did come with a kangeroo, which the club did not include with their version which was one of the complaints about the figure.

This is just an international release with a new name. Shame they are taking up a valuable slot but I guess they have to make their money before the club ends.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
TO be fair, if he was in all white camo there would only be one thing sticking out..

That pile of polar bear scat over by the shore of the lake sure has been steaming for a long time. Almost like it's breathing...

:lmao:

Well done, fellas. I needed a better laughing emoticon than we had for those jokes.

Getting on the GIJOE train later than others, I missed out on v1, so the v2 was my first Stalker (♪♪My Stalker. My Stalker. My Stalker and meeeeeeee!♪♪). I was actually looking forward to this figure. I guess the execution is okay. Knowing what other parts are out there, though, makes the fig a tad disappointing.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Being that they concerned themselves most with the fur collar than the rest of the jacket/shirt, they should've used a shirted torso instead of the bare torso for better accuracy.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
He looks like Jack Nicholson had a baby with Kraven the Hunter...

My only memory of this character is that he taught me the definition of "peg warmer" in 1987. Back when stores kept tons of inventory, I remember seeing peg after peg after peg of nothing but this ass-clown in every store for months. I despised him for it.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
He looks like Jack Nicholson had a baby with Kraven the Hunter...

My only memory of this character is that he taught me the definition of "peg warmer" in 1987. Back when stores kept tons of inventory, I remember seeing peg after peg after peg of nothing but this ass-clown in every store for months. I despised him for it.

Stephen King's son Owen supposedly had something to do with the character, so no surprise it sucks.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Isn't he the one that "became" Sneak Peek (another peg warmer ironically)?

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012

G.I. Joe Collectors' Club members that order and complete the FSS 7.0 subscription will receive a bonus carded 13th mystery figure with their sixth shipment. However, this bonus figure will remain a mystery until the final shipment!

Crapola

- G.I. Joe team member!
- 1st Character appearance!
- Not part of a sub-team!

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ya got me. I even think that those kinds of prices for the high quality deco Acid Rain figures are absurd. And Hasbro/GIJCC want that kind of cash for tossed together retail quality figures? GTFO

Last edited:

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
I think that's one of the reasons the club is ending, It puts Joe in a corner where only a few people can get him, while what little does make retail is just as good or better and no where near the prices of the short run figures.

Think about it how many club figures would you have gotten if they were normal peg warmers in Toys R us/retail. Probably more that you're willing to admit, but out of the 2 club figures I do own, I won't open them because I can't justify the $ to customize them.