G.I. Joe 2016 Lineup

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Yeah, his frustration isn't something we all haven't felt at some point or another with this brand. At this point, I'm kinda past frustration and moved on to *shrugs*.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I still don't have either the retaliation CG nor the 50th shadow CG. I had to pick only for which overpriced figure I wanted.

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
My biggest gripe is that (I assume) they are TRU exclusives again. Last year, I never saw half the two-packs b/c they were stocked one-at-a-time and every mouth-breathing scalper or army builder was scarfing them up. Never saw anything but the scrubs.

Doesn't matter how good the figures are if you can't buy them.

Entertainment Earth will also be sharing the exclusivity with TRU.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Did lancelot get into dropshipbob's Eyor snacks?

:trollface:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You had the chance to correct him and tell him that you exclusively eat Snuffleupagus snacks. :D

Am i the only one who only remembers one line of his? His super sad sounding "Hey, Bird."?

Riotheory

Enlisted
Jun 26, 2012
Wasatch Front, UT
Maybe it's just because of how long the drought has gone on, but the only things there that I wouldn't pick up if I actually saw them on the pegs would be the vehicles. I was surprised by how much I liked the SE SS pack. I am pretty done with those two, but it's cool to see what seem to be the most popular version together. I know at least one of my boys will be super excited about that. My fingers are crossed that they'll be in TRU and that I'll have some cash if they are.

:popcorn:

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I can't find even one thing I like in that offering. Meh would be an overstatement for me.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Eh, I like the Shooter offering. That's a figure that's been a long time coming. Tombstone looks interesting... and I'm glad they're still attempting to do new characters now and then. The female cobra officer is a nice nod to a classic sunbow episode. And the comic colored SAW viper is cool because there was no way I was paying through the nose for the con figure a few years ago. I need a single saw viper to give Doc, Quick Kick, and Breaker nightmares ;)

Again, not the greatest batch, but a few highlights. It could be worse. We're going a whole year without a single CC or Destro... and that's an accomplishment.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The female trooper is cool in concept, but her detail lacking top half in conjunction with her detail heavy bottom is just awful.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You have spent more time scrutinizing her than I have. It's a female cobra officer. It's better than the one I currently have, which is none.

Marauder's will be better, if not official.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You have spent more time scrutinizing her than I have. It's a female cobra officer. It's better than the one I currently have, which is none.

:lmao: Touche'!

See, Falcone. Why couldn't you have just said that instead of defending a lame sculpt? ;)

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Someone on the Chan found at least some of the new product in Northern Louisiana.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Well, I finished Master's school, I'm still waiting on the MTF Valkries, and I'm really burnt out on toys this fall. I really don't feel like going through the effort of hunting these things down, paying the money for them when they're going to go on clearance, and to top it off the nearest Toys R Us is 75 miles away, and the line up is just not inspiring confidence and I don't even know when they're suppose to hit shelves.

G.I. Joe has just not been worth it since 2011. I think I'm just going to save the time and money this year, and go back to doing what all other millennials in my position do, watch shitty fucking anime until I find a shitty job to compliment it . . .

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Not sure if I was going to get of these joes. My local TRU decided for me. Completely eliminated the adult collector section.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Mine "was" hidden with the stuffed animals. But they decided Star Wars needed that aisle too.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
So... one sighting... does this mean we'll see the 2016 lineup in 2016? I'll be stunned if it's not delayed 60 days and renamed the 2017 lineup. "See you again in 27 months when a movie comes out and you've forgotten how much you hate t-crotches and gigantic neon missiles... Peace!"

I swear I think Hasbro hates Joe. That's not fanboy hyperbole... merely a reaction to the evidence I see before me. A handful of two-packs, and a $25/figure subscription club. And that's the best they can do. I know WM only likes toys that have media tie-ins, but there has to be more demand than a few measly impossible-to-find TRU 2-packs.

And if media is what it takes, why is there no media? TF reinvents itself with a new shit-tacular cartoon every 24 months followed by a slew of toys that never ends... Joe had Resolute which was cool but never had any followup. Renegades was well-received and promptly got cancelled because they had no obvious tie-in toys except one figure per wave mixed with lots of other figures. Why no modern military figures? Why no CoD-like Joe building sets instead of chibi kreos? Why no effort to manufacture the toy-media synergy like with other properties? It's not like Hasbro doesn't know how...

If TF can go strong, and SW can go strong, and fucking Turtles can just keep going like the Energizer Bunny, then why can't they come up with a coherent plan to keep Joe relevant and on the shelves? Are we so PC that a line of soldiers fighting a line of terrorists is media toxic? Is it because patriotism/nationalism doesn't sell outside of the domestic market?

I refuse to believe that there isn't a plausible way to get Joe on shelves en-mass sans major motion picture from Paramount. They just aren't trying hard enough.

[/RANT]

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I swear I think Hasbro hates Joe.

I've often thought that too. The way they handle it, it's incredibly difficult to draw any other conclusion. Aside from the disdain that they must have for their own property theory, I can only assume it's money related. They must've done the research and just don't feel it's worth investing in. The return must not be large enough, for whatever reason. That's the only other explanation for the way they handle JOE.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
So... one sighting... does this mean we'll see the 2016 lineup in 2016? I'll be stunned if it's not delayed 60 days and renamed the 2017 lineup. "See you again in 27 months when a movie comes out and you've forgotten how much you hate t-crotches and gigantic neon missiles... Peace!"

I swear I think Hasbro hates Joe. That's not fanboy hyperbole... merely a reaction to the evidence I see before me. A handful of two-packs, and a $25/figure subscription club. And that's the best they can do. I know WM only likes toys that have media tie-ins, but there has to be more demand than a few measly impossible-to-find TRU 2-packs.

And if media is what it takes, why is there no media? TF reinvents itself with a new shit-tacular cartoon every 24 months followed by a slew of toys that never ends... Joe had Resolute which was cool but never had any followup. Renegades was well-received and promptly got cancelled because they had no obvious tie-in toys except one figure per wave mixed with lots of other figures. Why no modern military figures? Why no CoD-like Joe building sets instead of chibi kreos? Why no effort to manufacture the toy-media synergy like with other properties? It's not like Hasbro doesn't know how...

If TF can go strong, and SW can go strong, and fucking Turtles can just keep going like the Energizer Bunny, then why can't they come up with a coherent plan to keep Joe relevant and on the shelves? Are we so PC that a line of soldiers fighting a line of terrorists is media toxic? Is it because patriotism/nationalism doesn't sell outside of the domestic market?

I refuse to believe that there isn't a plausible way to get Joe on shelves en-mass sans major motion picture from Paramount. They just aren't trying hard enough.

[/RANT]

I think it was more a victim/causality of the Hasbro Hub era, when it was going through an identity crisis.

"Don't call us a toy company, we're a serious I.P business now"

Combined with the Retaliation by Paramount delay and bad upper management decisions that things have to be attached to MEGA BLOCKBUSTER MOVIES!!!!

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I agree the Hub era didn't do Renegades any favors, but again, TF Prime was in the same boat and got 3 seasons and a sequel series.

And I'm sure that Eddie's correct in that it's about money (because it's always about money), but I think they have drawn an incorrect conclusion along the way in their strategic planning. There is no way that Joe, given the right launch with cartoon tie-in, couldn't easily outsell half of what's in the two boy-isles at WM.

I'm quite convinced that they just aren't trying. When the best thing we've gotten in 3-4 years were some "oops" DG figures that accidentally slipped out as more than repacks, they can't possibly give a damn. You can't look at the rainbow Croc Masters and tell me that anyone at hasbro is trying (even the fucking croc is red! wtf!)

Turtles? WWE? Ghost Busters? Anything put out by Mattel? Joe should be able to destroy those properties.

How is it that we don't have 6" Joes by now? Realistic CoD-type lego Joes by now? Mindboggling. Hasbro is as inept at the top as Mattel is on the design level.

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
With the popularity of Call of Duty, Battlefield, Gears of War and other similar military type games, it's a crime that Hasbro hasn't jumped in on that with their very own home grown military line. If cartoons aren't selling toys, a video game certainly would.

I think you're right, nacho. They just aren't trying hard enough. Money, spite, political reasons, who knows.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Megabloks cut Hasbro's dick off with the popularity of COD. If 1:18 military toys sold, then Bravo and Blue Box would still be in the game. You guys are looking at the toy aisle with 80's tinted glasses.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I've often thought that too. The way they handle it, it's incredibly difficult to draw any other conclusion. Aside from the disdain that they must have for their own property theory, I can only assume it's money related. They must've done the research and just don't feel it's worth investing in. The return must not be large enough, for whatever reason. That's the only other explanation for the way they handle JOE.

This is the most likely explanation. They hate anything that isn't made of pure money.

I hate this attitude all businesses have these days. Everything from movies to toys don't take risks. There's no art in it, it's just a shitty science of money.

Megabloks cut Hasbro's dick off with the popularity of COD. If 1:18 military toys sold, then Bravo and Blue Box would still be in the game. You guys are looking at the toy aisle with 80's tinted glasses.

Maybe 1:18 figures would sell better if they didn't break the moment you move their wrist to hold a weapon, or maybe they'd sell better if they didn't look like ass.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
The biggest problem is that Hasbro has to answer to share holders. which means just making a profit is not good enough. There has to be growth to be considered successful to share holders. GI Joe could remain at status quo indefinitely and be profitable. But unless the GI Joe team can show projected growth, they won't get the capital to invest in expanding the brand.