G.I.JOE 3 discussion

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
This movie will have Cobra-La as the bad guys right?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Please. Don't you remember the conniption fit trying to change Cobra Commander's look in RoC caused? If Nemesis Enforcer isn't a 7" douchebag with bat wings and magenta armor Joe fans would shit and fall back in it.

:trollface:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Just making a generic Sci-fi, quasi military, action film and tacking the JOE name on it is why they keep failing.

They need to make a seriously bada$$ (not kid friendly) military GIJOE film that caters to adults, or go full on ARAH and cater to kids and ARAHfags alike. Middle ground is not working.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Maybe Micheal Bay needs to take the reigns? Those retarded Transformers movies have made hundreds of billions of dollars. :D

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Just making a generic Sci-fi, quasi military, action film and tacking the JOE name on it is why they keep failing.

They need to make a seriously bada$$ (not kid friendly) military GIJOE film that caters to adults, or go full on ARAH and cater to kids and ARAHfags alike. Middle ground is not working.

Or they could just make a good movie...

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I know. It's not going to happen. But whether or not Rock is black enough, if it's full ARAH cheese, or a serious military movie doesn't matter if they have shitty exercise video directors and actors that couldn't get jobs doing Burger King commercials. Terrible plots, wooden characters, terrible editing, etc. has a lot to do with the failings.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
If they made them like the first Expendables movie, I would enjoy them. Gratuitous action violence with my favorite characters is all I really need to be happy. GI Joe Resolute style. No heavy plot, no big twists need to happen.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Why stop there Hire me as a writer & I'll include, Jem, Transformers, M.A.S.K. My Little Pony battleship nerf guns & a lead into a cool version of Serpentor. (& actually it will actually fit into the story. :) without being to weird.

At least they wouldn't make Serpentor from the DNA of all of those toy lines. It would be too confusing for kids.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Do you think Hasbro has ambitions to use Trakker for a Spin-Off MASK movie? New toyline, possibly have a character in a Joe movie. Maybe Hasbro is going to try to start their own movie-verse? *shudder*

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I can see them thinking a spinoff is a good idea. Especially if you mix GI Joe with Transformers, which is what MASK is essentially a ripoff of.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
^That's where I was headed. If they used MASK as a go between, they could have GI Joe and Transformers collide. How popular was that crossover comic? I know the art I have seen online for it has been awesome.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
I still think Hasbrouck should have made that toy story sequence movie with all of their toy lines that was rumored a few years ago.

They could have sold a shot ton of toys tying all that together in one movie.

Because really, who would NOT have seen a movie that had given Joe action figures in it?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
It not a surprise & I believed they talked about mixing Transformers & GI Joe a few times. But never pulled the trigger because they need to be able to stand on their own.

The good news: There is a ton of great IP resources & storylines they could tell. & some of these properties have a history with each other. (Sunbrow tried to tie their properties togeather)

The bad news is they don't have a great track record so far.

Don't do what Gotham does & jam everything in all at once.

Take the time to get each property right & this could be a very successful campain.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I just don't know what the market is for a GI JOE movie anymore.. I guess the Fast & Furious crowd? But 20-somethings won't even have any connection to GI JOE.

I wonder how much they made off toys for Retaliation.. can't imagine it was a lot.

It's hard to believe a movie based on an action figure line has trouble selling action figures.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It's hard to believe a movie based on an action figure line has trouble selling action figures.

Looking at the movies, no it's not.

We all know their intentions...they want to get kids into their toys. But unless they have a successful video game (with military games being so popular, I don't know why they don't have one) or 1/2 hr animated "commercial", they are wasting their time pandering to kids.

I'm sure they know these things but aren't willing to take the financial risk.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Has to just trying to copy others again. it worked for Marvel, it will surely work for several lines with very little established canon.

I can see MASK being mixed in. There's potential for a sub team, not much else.