G.I. Joe News - 2012!

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I'll be interested to see who's in those.

The three packs seem to be the best of everything so far.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

Well the pistol and holster are obscured by the insert, which does show the aforementioned items.

Still, FF should come with more than a pistol and a street luge that lights up.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
The lineup given:
GI Joe Night Ops: Agent Mouse / Snake Eyes (infiltration )/ Sgt. Airborne
Cobra Invasion Team: Firefly (invasion) / Storm Shadow (invasion) / Cobra Invasion Trooper

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ugh, why the hell is the Invasion (read: movie accurate) Trooper have to be in a 3 pack with a useless damn Storm Shadow?

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Cause it's the only way to get people to buy more Storm Shadows.

I won't be getting the single card one at all.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hope I don't have to wait long for that Black Dragon ninja to come out. I'd much prefer to paint over a black base than a red one when I do Slice.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Airborne: now exceeding the maximum cargo weight of the C-130 that he's supposed to jump from...

Yay, Hasbro...

"Get in ma belly!!!"

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Just found out what the Cobra Invasion Trooper from the wave 2 3 pack is.

It's that Shock Trooper I thought I saw from Toy Fair. The one that's gonna be painted like this:

:weepingemoticonhere:

Looks like I'm gonna need to invest in a dedicated dye pot.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
No, but the ST on his period comes with another Storm Shadow and a Firefly that's 'sposed to be vintage-inspired grey.

Apparently they were at Toy Fair, but no one was allowed to photograph them, and yet i distinctly remember seeing the damn red ST.

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
I'm probably in the minority opinion about this, but I think it might be worth it to try and revise the Hasbro Q&A to see what their plans are for the next 9 months. At the very least, we might get some insight about the DG figures (variants? Family Dollar?) and the future of that line.

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
Not since Nov 2011, but they were doing it every couple months before that. I was actually pretty surprised they didn't start it up again in anticipation of the movie line release (before shit hit the fan).

I just thought it might be worth trying to revise it...or maybe a charming and charismatic member of the News Staff might score some exclusive statements from Hasbro.

I care less about the movie figures than I do about the DG figures. Besides them popping up once in another forum, those took everyone by surprise. I wouldn't mind knowing Hasbro's motivation creating that alternative line and what they plan on doing in the future with them.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Well they canned the MU Q&A last year so it was inevitable. Why answer questions for a line that apparently they don't care about? It would be the same shit from every site.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
I'm guessing that just about everyone who is going to Joe Con will be asking them about their plans for the rest of the year, so we'll probably get a bunch of contradictory reports after that.

"Well, I talked to a guy on the floor [who may or may not have even worked for Hasbro] and he said they were cancelling the line!"
"I talked to one of the reps [read: some guy who said he worked for Hasbro] and he said we'd be getting a bunch of stuff from the 25th line that was never released!"
"Well, I talked to one of the Hasbro higher-ups [read: some other guy who said he worked for Hasbro] and he said that we'd be getting everything from the movie released to ROSS and they'd be tooling up new figures for next year!"
"Well, I heard we were only getting Kwinn and Data-Viper!"
and so on.