G.I. Joe News - 2012!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Someone should film/audio record the Hasbro presentation at JoeCon.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
are they going to make anymore 12" figures?

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
The cheap ass ones that I can afford. I'm guessing that line is dead?

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
like what? World Peacekeepers? They're ok, but I don't think they'll be getting all the hand articulation needed to hold a rifle (Those MARPAT BDUs on those figures do look rather bitching, I don't think it would take much work to put them on an actual GI Joe). I noticed Chap Mei has 12" stuff, but it looks like crap. I guess Hasbro just doesn't give a fuck about any of the GI Joe scales. Why sell toys when you can go into the movie business? seriously they should just move their headquarters to Hollywood already.

It's be rather bad-ass if the PTE guys would start making AKs already.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Nah, you gotta go Chinese to get modern 1:6. You'll note I never said anything about being economical.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
you didn't, but I'd rather not spend too much on that stuff. I'm not even sure what brands your referring to either. Sounds like that stuff for hardcore collectors that spend ALOT on those things (like the sideshow stuff).

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
The OG13 will be well represented. I will holla at DW soon to see what kind of coverage they plan on providing. We'll cross promote the coverage.

I do know they have alot of plans for drinking and hoes :D

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
That sounds like a regular Friday night. Joe Con sounds like there will be a lot more bitching bitches there.

Is there an affiliation between OG13 and F118?

Yea! They are our homies! The sites Founders are two cool cats who are members here as well. Flint071 and Darkwise. Both of them are attending the Con. They welcome us with open arms and we share information and such.

To be honest though, the con might not have much to coverage with everything Joe related being on "hiatus". We'll see what's up. I'll holla at DW sometime this weekend and figure out what his plans are. At the very least, I'm sure he'll have some really nice photo's... maybe some for the NSFW :D

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Thanks... Just the mental image I wanted upon waking this morning.

Here, a real image.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Don't care for the shotgun, and the beret-cload head looks like he's gonna suck some guido dick in some Atlantic City backalley, but the bandana head is a-ok.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Don't care for the shotgun, and the beret-cload head looks like he's gonna suck some guido dick in some Atlantic City backalley, but the bandana head is a-ok.

Yeah, I really like the alternate sculpt w/the bandana. A great update for Falcon. Now, I'm going to have to make another custom Falcon...