G.I.*JOE Renegades discussion

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I kept hoping we'd see a Coyote, but after they released the Black Dragon VTOL vehicle and it was only a one seater, they probably would have really messed up the Coyote so it held only 2 figs with a pop-up cannon in the back like the Steel Crusher.

My kids and I enjoyed watching Renegades...I was just happy that my daughter was interested in a female cartoon character who wasn't a dumb bitch.

Indeed!

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Renegades wasn't terrible, certainly better than the garbage cartoon that was on when we were kids.

I thought the A-Team premise was fucking lazy, though.

it was good and had a lot more potential...unfortunately, stupid townie side missions and booger-vipers kept getting in the way of actual good stories

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah. We'll never know what they could have done with it. It was all ARAH Duke's dream.

Heh "Booger Vipers".

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Yea the Bio Vipers were very distracting. I would have loved to see a season 2 after they had assembled a real Joe Team.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
So I just watched the first episode (finally). I don't get what problem people had with the show. It wasn't that bad. I mean, yeah, the Bio-Vipers were lame, but the rest of it was decent.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Because the plot was a knock-off of The A-Team. It was certainly better than most of the Joe toons before it, but that's not saying a whole lot.

Let us just say it had potential before H killed it prematurely.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Because the plot was a knock-off of The A-Team. It was certainly better than most of the Joe toons before it, but that's not saying a whole lot.

Let us just say it had potential before H killed it prematurely.

yup, I agree, The A-team bothered me at the beginning, but by the end of the season I was hooked and wanted to see them bridge the gap between it and ARAH. They certainly set it up as a possibility.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
It had it's moments. I think I enjoyed the depiction of Red Star the most and how the Baroness was so freaking cool in comparison to her other depictions.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
The show was definitely way better than Sigma 6

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
What got old to me was them constantly helping townies...and the booger vipers...and trap jaw Destro...and little kid jinx...and black ripcord...and scrawny nerd breaker...and etc etc...

But by the end, I definitely saw the potential if they had mode on from the "on the run" bit...

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
My kids loved it. They still ask to watch it about once a week...thankfully Netflix has it on there.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
:thumbsup:
What got old to me was them constantly helping townies...and the booger vipers...and trap jaw Destro...and little kid jinx...and black ripcord...and scrawny nerd breaker...and etc etc...

But by the end, I definitely saw the potential if they had mode on from the "on the run" bit...

So, basically, you didn't like anything that wasn't ARAH? :thumbsup: