G.I.*JOE Renegades discussion

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
According to the user who posted that, the figures lack quite a bit of the accessories that they were shown with at SDCC and JoeCon. :-/

The Renegades figs don't bother me so much, but Airtight, Lifeline, Law and Sci-Fi had a hell of an arsenal that I was looking forward to.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
According to the user who posted that, the figures lack quite a bit of the accessories that they were shown with at SDCC and JoeCon. :-/

The Renegades figs don't bother me so much, but Airtight, Lifeline, Law and Sci-Fi had a hell of an arsenal that I was looking forward to.

thats quite a bummer...is it certain though that the ARAH wave will lack the accessories?

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011

we'll be lucky if Airtight, Lifeline, and Sci Fi even come out

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm thinking the legs, or at least the lowers, could be put to use with the aforementioned head for my Kobra Kommandeur.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
not the coat?...really?

I'm sure the coat would have a use somewhere, but not a WWII era CC.

Frankly I'm sick of Cobra Commanders dressing up like some kind of baron or French military officer.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Eh, not really. I'm not impressed with Renegades CC's look.

The only character designs that was really any good was Baroness' two looks.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
you know air tight sci-fi and life-line are going to get fucked by the movie line. I bet they'll only show up in Canadian discount stores or something stupid like that.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It's an improvement, but it's hard not to improve on 99% of those jackass ARAH CCs.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm still so bummed at the potential that was left by the last renegades episode...a 2nd season coulda been awesome...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Either Hasbro hates Joe or thinks kids that might be in to Joes are too stupid to deal with multiple continuities.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I will probably get crucified for this but I really enjoyed Renegades. After I got used to the animation I really enjoyed it. I loved the cameos of future joes. I thought Snowjob and Shipwreck's characters were awesome!

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
I will probably get crucified for this but I really enjoyed Renegades. After I got used to the animation I really enjoyed it. I loved the cameos of future joes. I thought Snowjob and Shipwreck's characters were awesome!

It was great to plan to watch new episodes each week with my boys and explain who the cameos were and such. It was a great father son time.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011

I really enjoyed it too. The animation took awhile to grow on me but after it did, I really liked the show. The cameos made it so much more fun.

red4

Enlisted
Feb 25, 2012
Just got done with Renegades. I kept thinking there were a million wasted toy opportunities. Such a fucking shame. They really need to make Season 2.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Just got done with Renegades. I kept thinking there were a million wasted toy opportunities. Such a fucking shame. They really need to make Season 2.

damn u watched them quick.

I agree. It's a crime that we never got a Baroness, Mindbender, Destro, Flint, LJ and Roadblock.

They were only in a few shows but the Twins would have been really cool figs too.

PROVOST

Colonel in Chief
Officer Club
Jun 28, 2011
Terra Australis

This

I agree. It's a crime that we never got a Baroness, Mindbender, Destro, Flint, LJ and Roadblock.

They were only in a few shows but the Twins would have been really cool figs too.

This also.

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011

You won't get crucified...the majority of people seemed to enjoyed the series, especially those who actually sat down and gave it a try.

I guess its watch it now only. I hit the choose discs button and i got the unavailable. :( oh well, guess I'll just have to rewatch it on my dvr hd rips.

The DVDs are scheduled to be released June 5th. (At least, "Volume 1" is, which people are speculating only contains the first half (13 episodes) of the season.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Renegades wasn't terrible, certainly better than the garbage cartoon that was on when we were kids.

I thought the A-Team premise was fucking lazy, though.

unclassified

THE AYATROLLA KHOMEINI
Jan 31, 2012
the garden state of eden
Renegades wasn't terrible, certainly better than the garbage cartoon that was on when we were kids.

I thought the A-Team premise was fucking lazy, though.

you're a strange one..

renegades sucked, and there was nothing about it that was gi joe.
but the toys would of been real nice if they made all of em.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Nah, just not beholden to some tired ass '80s cartoon or Larry Hama.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
I kept hoping we'd see a Coyote, but after they released the Black Dragon VTOL vehicle and it was only a one seater, they probably would have really messed up the Coyote so it held only 2 figs with a pop-up cannon in the back like the Steel Crusher.

My kids and I enjoyed watching Renegades...I was just happy that my daughter was interested in a female cartoon character who wasn't a dumb bitch.

EDIT - on a side note, I would have loved to have a Roadblock who looked like this for my Renegades figs

Would anyone be interested in Casting that head if it did get purchased?

Last edited: