G.I.*JOE Renegades discussion

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It makes me wonder why we got figures of Ripcord in uniform (seen once) and Firefly (also seen once), but no Baroness, which was in practically every episode.

Wait, never mind, female figures don't sell.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
yea that is pretty stupid. Mindbender too. More poor planning. Shit, if they really want to get kids to buy Joes, they would have made a booger viper too

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, i didn't like them, but they were a major component of the show.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I hated them from the very start but your right, they are in almost every episode and they are the main enemy. I wouldn't buy a figure of them but a figure should have been made.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
do you think they added and used the boogers just so they could have things actually get destroyed/die. I dont remember seeing a single cobra trooper get destroyed or die ( just like original toon) but a booger did every time you saw one.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
do you think they added and used the boogers just so they could have things actually get destroyed/die. I dont remember seeing a single cobra trooper get destroyed or die ( just like original toon) but a booger did every time you saw one.

I do. I think that's a pretty safe assumption. I understand it's a kids show and they need something for the Joes to shoot and blow up. I just wish that we moved past that.

You look at all the deaths and violence that are in movies like T3 and Cap and I know they are PG13 but a shit ton of kids are seeing these too. Then you look at the video games that these kids are playing like Call of Duty, I think that a having troopers getting shot/blown up is no big deal. But thats just me.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
i 100% believe thats why they were in the show Medd, same thing when BATs came aboard the Sunbow show...

and yeah, i agree MW, troops getting blasted or sliced wouldnt be a big deal nowadays...they could just leave out the blood and kids could assume they were "stunned"

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
and yeah, i agree MW, troops getting blasted or sliced wouldnt be a big deal nowadays...they could just leave out the blood and kids could assume they were "stunned"

Exactly! It doesn't need to be on a Kill Bill level or anything but it should be acceptable for some troopers to eat some lasers to the chest and not have to flash back to them on the ground with them moving around and grunting

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
or make sure we see them ejecting from the plane...maybe they lived, maybe they didn't...who cares really?...oh yeah, pussified parents...stupid hippies

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
For reals. It's fucking stupid how much we pretend how dumb our youth is. there is a thing called the internet :rolleyes:

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Kind of a shame they canned it but maybe they will do something else. They finally made the story worth it for the last two episodes.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
yup ^...up until the last ones, i almost coulda cared less if it got canned...but the last ones reminded me that it has (had) potential...oh well

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
with the Renegades figs coming in the next month or so, who's getting them? I plan on picking up scarlett and maybe a CC

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Well Scarlett is in that 2012 wave so it may be a little bit for her. I'll be getting a couple if I can find them just to have a base for female figures. Maybe a Tunnel Rat for the extras but that's about it. Not digging them too much.

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
Here in the land of Arctic Destros, I've given up finding figures at retail. I have a case preordered at BBTS.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I might pic up the CC to get the fully masked alternate head, but i don't think there's any other Renegades figures i want due this year.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I would have liked to see a Roadblock to see how they would have made him but no luck. That FF and Biocord are a definit pass

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
i have a set on order from BBTS...Duke and CC are really the only ones i'm liking...and Ripcord for his helmet...gawd do i love that guys helmet *drool* :D

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I find it odd that they made a Ripcord, who was in a total of what, 5 episodes, and they aren't making a Roadblock, who was in every single one.

I may get a Ripcord to make an Obama action figure... Just need a SDCC suited Destro now! :)

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I find it odd that they made a Ripcord, who was in a total of what, 5 episodes, and they aren't making a Roadblock, who was in every single one.

I may get a Ripcord to make an Obama action figure... Just need a SDCC suited Destro now! :)

Exactly and no Baroness who really was the main villian.

That will look awesome! Can't wait to see it

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
Exactly and no Baroness who really was the main villian.

A Renegades Baroness tops my list of figures I had hoped Hasbro would have made from that series.

Followed maybe by a Jinx...

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
YES!

I really want a Jinx too. Sadly if we did get her, it would prolly be the Tron/Delta 6/robocop one instead of the school girl one thou :(

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
Yeah, no doubt. I'm sure sexually ambiguous figures sell better than female figures.

She's pretty high on my custom list, though. I need to find a good head for her. I have to start paying more attention to the Star Wars figures.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

whats even more obsurd is that Ripcord looks nothing like he did in Renegades...let alone ARAH :D

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
whats even more obsurd is that Ripcord looks nothing like he did in Renegades...let alone ARAH :D

your right! He should have blue gooey arms

I dunno...I think the figure looks like the cartoon...

It's really not a bad looking figure, considering (1) I hate the character, and (2), he looks like he's 16yo. When I buy him (as I undoubtedly will), I'll just give him a new codename and back-story.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I dunno...I think the figure looks like the cartoon...

It's really not a bad looking figure, considering (1) I hate the character, and (2), he looks like he's 16yo. When I buy him (as I undoubtedly will), I'll just give him a new codename and back-story.

He does but he only looked like that for 1 episode LOL

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
True...but meet me half-way here, buddy...if you were going to make a RipCord figure, this is the best possible representation of him we could hope for.

I totally agree, racial innuendos aside, that I don't understand why we have RipCord, and not Roadblock. Is that still something to do with the fact that there's some trademark dispute over the name "Roadblock"?

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
True...but meet me half-way here, buddy...if you were going to make a RipCord figure, this is the best possible representation of him we could hope for.

I totally agree, racial innuendos aside, that I don't understand why we have RipCord, and not Roadblock. Is that still something to do with the fact that there's some trademark dispute over the name "Roadblock"?

Oh I hear ya. I agree that if I HAD to get a ripcord figure, I would choose this one over Biocord.

I don't think so. Afterall Roadblock is in ROC2

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
I don't think so. Afterall Roadblock is in ROC2

I guess you're right. Plus, now that I think about it, there was 25th Anny figures of Roadblock, too. For some reason, in the back of my head, I thought there was some trademark dispute over "Roadblock" and that's why Hasbro/GI Joe moved over to Heavy Duty...

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I guess you're right. Plus, now that I think about it, there was 25th Anny figures of Roadblock, too. For some reason, in the back of my head, I thought there was some trademark dispute over "Roadblock" and that's why Hasbro/GI Joe moved over to Heavy Duty...

I think it was just Hasbro being dicks ;)

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
He does but he only looked like that for 1 episode LOL

wow, i don't recall this AT ALL...how long did he look like that?...the whole episode or more like 5 minutes or less?

looks like they nailed it though...and definitly prefered to to the Booger-Viper look...though, had they made him in civies, that coulda been a useful base figure

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
wow, i don't recall this AT ALL...how long did he look like that?...the whole episode or more like 5 minutes or less?

looks like they nailed it though...and definitly prefered to to the Booger-Viper look...though, had they made him in civies, that coulda been a useful base figure

I'm pretty sure it was the first episode, that he looked like that. It was either when he got recruited or it was what he changed into after he was recruited by LJ

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
Yeah, that's what he looked like for his first appearance.

About the figure itself...I'm not crazy about the orange, but overall, it looks like a good figure. From what I can see, they did a great job with the head sculpt.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Where the hell did the hair go on the figure?

Fact: I'm so gonna make a Barack Obama figure out of him.