G.I.*JOE Renegades discussion

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Unfortunately you're wrong. SE has become the Joe equivalent of Wolverine.

Anyhoo, the show is essentially axed, the figures will probably end up in a Resolute-like box set, and you can only find PoC figures in TrU or Target on the 3 Sunday after a blue moon in the year with a sighting of Haley's Comet.

It all adds up to a big "Why the fuck should i care about this line?", and i hope someone tells Hasbro that at the con.

xhairs

odd man out !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 15, 2011
blasdell ny
photobucket.com
Unfortunately you're wrong. SE has become the Joe equivalent of Wolverine.

Anyhoo, the show is essentially axed, the figures will probably end up in a Resolute-like box set, and you can only find PoC figures in TrU or Target on the 3 Sunday after a blue moon in the year with a sighting of Haley's Comet.

It all adds up to a big "Why the fuck should i care about this line?", and i hope someone tells Hasbro that at the con.

QFT no shit ppl at the con need to man up and ask the hard ? not go there and say wip it out so i can suck it off.

snakeling

not an actual member
Mar 15, 2011
They're not killing him off because of the nerd rage that would ensue. Eddie and I are in the minority I knew that when I posted.

@Ktiger check out my sig at the HT I actually agree with you. Hell I know you won't so I'll bring it over here. I need a good sig anyway.

snakeling

not an actual member
Mar 15, 2011
I don't see it but I added it. Ah yes there it is. And its Quoted for TRUTH.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, i'm not gonna get tricked into steeping foot over there. ;)

snakeling

not an actual member
Mar 15, 2011
G.I.*EDDIE;3794} lol...so true...i'd LOVE to see him go...either that or be a normal freaking HUMAN...[/QUOTE said:
You know I seem to recall before this show came out "they" said SE would be talking and perhaps even not disfigured, that never happened. I did watch some of them and it wasn't in any episode I watched.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Heh, they're not quite that stupid. That big of a break from (Hama inspired) fanboy accepted cannon would result in massive amounts of nerd rage for sure... ;)

xhairs

Mar 15, 2011
blasdell ny
photobucket.com
Heh, they're not quite that stupid. That big of a break from (Hama inspired) fanboy accepted cannon would result in massive amounts of nerd rage for sure... ;)

yes it would all i want is joe to go back to how it was not this crap they are giving us. i know it needs to be updated and it sure does but go back to what they did in the 80s with the toys , toon and comic. i mean hell the shit out there now the stuff from the 80s is soft in comparison.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I do enjoy watching some classic Transformers and ARAH late night on Hub. Brings back old memories...

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
let me clear..i HATE the goo Vipers...

that being said, i really enjoyed yesterdays episode..it was great to see Snow Job AND Timber...and i think it made a lot more sense to have Timber stay with SJ in the end...

something else cool was it seemed like they left most, if not all of SJs established history in place if i remember correctly...and the flashback with him in his mostly classic duds was awesome...

the weirdest thing was adding Frostbite, but making him black...why not use Iceberg if they need an arctic guy?...hes already black and wintery...and then they killed Frosty/Iceberg off...lame...

xhairs

Mar 15, 2011
blasdell ny
photobucket.com
let me clear..i HATE the goo Vipers...

that being said, i really enjoyed yesterdays episode..it was great to see Snow Job AND Timber...and i think it made a lot more sense to have Timber stay with SJ in the end...

something else cool was it seemed like they left most, if not all of SJs established history in place if i remember correctly...and the flashback with him in his mostly classic duds was awesome...

the weirdest thing was adding Frostbite, but making him black...why not use Iceberg if they need an arctic guy?...hes already black and wintery...and then they killed Frosty/Iceberg off...lame...

see thats the shit that pisses me off they fucking dont care about the line at all and it sucks. let it die and start over REBOOT REBOOT REBOOT!!!!!!!!!

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Isn't that what we have been getting for the last couple of years?? Renegades so far is proving to be just as campy and that of ARAH just doesn't have all the characters form ARAH and there classic looks.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I still need to watch the Twins episode from 2 weeks ago and this week's, but I saw screencaps. So they made a formerly white Joe into a black man for no reason, just to kill him off. Again?

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
My daughter prefers the ARAH series still. I record both but she rules in favor of the classic series.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I still need to watch the Twins episode from 2 weeks ago and this week's, but I saw screencaps. So they made a formerly white Joe into a black man for no reason, just to kill him off. Again?

i see it as them attempting to kill off two Joes at once but not upsetting NAACP/Jessie Jackson by making a black character white (using "Iceberg" but making him look like Frostbite)...seriously though, they killed off Frostbite AND Iceberg in this episode, no doubt

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
all I can say is that for all the time they are rolling around in that Cobra rig Hasbro better make one.

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Am still trying to figure out why Hasbro didn't release "Renegade" figures while the show was on the air?

The POC line is a fantastic one, and Hasbro should have maintained a line with Renegades as well as with POC.

Just my two cents.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, but before any of this can happen somebody has to buy Arctic Destro.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
i hope not...compared to nothing, i'll take Renegades...i'd prefer Reso, but we all know that aint never happening

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
man it woulda been awful it ever happened...a gay guy, directing a Joe movie...really?....this is a good idea to who?

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Well, you do know "Don't ask, don't tell" has been so gloriously revoked by our current administration, so it's long overdue for us to have a more socially conscious GI Joe... :rolleyes:

*barfs*

You of all people should know this, Eddie. Stop with the denial and self loathing already... :D