G.I.*JOE Renegades discussion

Freedom

Solo Operative
X. Would this group happen to like "polishing" Destro's mask?
Polish it, buff it, and slap themselves in the face with it.

We all know that as far as Hasbro is concerned "hiatus" means cancelled. They just don't say cancelled, so when whatever they're trying doesn't work, they can just say, "See. We told you it was just a hiatus."

I think "Renegades" was a really good cartoon, but I also agree that G.I.Joe as a whole needs to really get organized into one universe. Comics, cartoon, movie, and toys should be all relitively the same designs.

Unfortunately, I don't think the movie universe is the one everything ought to center around. On the other hand, I don't think "Renegades" is either. I would like to see a more fleshed out "Resolute" universe myself.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I think "Renegades" was a really good cartoon, but I also agree that G.I.Joe as a whole needs to really get organized into one universe. Comics, cartoon, movie, and toys should be all relitively the same designs.

Renegades was starting to get good IMO...at first it was really boring...but the last few eps have me disappointed it wont be back...

Unfortunately, I don't think the movie universe is the one everything ought to center around. On the other hand, I don't think "Renegades" is either. I would like to see a more fleshed out "Resolute" universe myself.

definately not the movie verse...that is just bad writing...lets say the writers stike was the problem...that gave me hope for the sequel...but now we have a dance movie making homo at the helm...Joe can never win...its f*@#ed one way or the other...

Renegades wont work either...this on the lamb stuff is kinda lame if you ask me...

Resolute is it...but maybe even more militaried up...the maturity level is good...it just needs to be more, like you said, fleshed out...less rushed...

xhairs

odd man out !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 15, 2011
blasdell ny
photobucket.com
Renegades was starting to get good IMO...at first it was really boring...but the last few eps have me disappointed it wont be back...

definately not the movie verse...that is just bad writing...lets say the writers stike was the problem...that gave me hope for the sequel...but now we have a dance movie making homo at the helm...Joe can never win...its f*@#ed one way or the other...

Renegades wont work either...this on the lamb stuff is kinda lame if you ask me...

Resolute is it...but maybe even more militaried up...the maturity level is good...it just needs to be more, like you said, fleshed out...less rushed...

yes if they had more time to make res grow it would of been the best take on joe since the 80s.

Freedom

Solo Operative
I got caught up on Renegades this weekend.

"Shipwrecked" was a pretty good episode. I liked Shipwreck's portrayal, and I like the fact that he named his ship after Cover Girl. I guess it was a nod to the DD series where Shipwreck and Cover Girl were a couple.

I don't care for Bio-Vipers in any form - Techno, Mecha, whatever. This reminded me more of "Aliens" than G.I.Joe. I hope if animation continues after Joe 2, they move more toward BATs as the cannon fodder.

I liked "Castle Destro" and this version of Destro. The relationship between Destro and The Baroness is developing nicely. My favorite line was when he told his troops to destroy the Baroness's VTOL and she looked at him, and he said, "I'll buy you a new one." Scrap-Iron's face is F'ed up!

The only thing I really didn't like was the BAT designs.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I don't care for Bio-Vipers in any form - Techno, Mecha, whatever. This reminded me more of "Aliens" than G.I.Joe. I hope if animation continues after Joe 2, they move more toward BATs as the cannon fodder.

I liked "Castle Destro" and this version of Destro. The relationship between Destro and The Baroness is developing nicely. My favorite line was when he told his troops to destroy the Baroness's VTOL and she looked at him, and he said, "I'll buy you a new one." Scrap-Iron's face is F'ed up!

The only thing I really didn't like was the BAT designs.

yeah, the Bio-anything can suck it...i know they need something they can shoot, but this isn't what i want it to be...maybe just have them say "set phasers to stun" or something and start shooting real dudes...

definitly dug the relationship between D&B...glad they stuck that in there...though, Baroness seems easy :D

and the BAT design was okay, though i woulda prefered for them to at least make them in OG colors

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
and the BAT design was okay, though i woulda prefered for them to at least make them in OG colors

I just saw a still over at General's Joes, and the pallet is HIGHLY reminiscent of the Crimson Guard Commander.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Was glad to see the Twins get loose of Doctor Queerbait and Cobra.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
me too...wish someone would take that sissy out...

really liked the Trouble Bubble design...though i wish with the new designs on classics that they would at least use the OG colors as a homage

Freedom

Solo Operative
Episode 18 "Union of The Snake" wasn't bad. The art didn't look as crisp as past episodes.

I also liked that The Twins broke free of Mindbender, and I like these Trouble Bubble designs a lot better than the "Resolute" designs.

The Red Star appearance was pretty cool. Although he seemed more like Horror Show to me.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I also like the fact that the Twins broke free. Baroness is by far my fav person in the show overall

Captain Carstein

Let's dooooo it!
May 3, 2011
Minnesota
I also like the fact that the Twins broke free. Baroness is by far my fav person in the show overall

Absolutely!! She is my surprise favorite character by far. To me she IS the main evil mover and shaker.

I make no apologies, I love this series! For how ever long we have to enjoy it. The small things that once bothered me are now just part of the fabric of the show (Even Mindbender). It's been one of the few things in the last year or so that's actually got me excited about Joes again, so I don't sweat the small stuff.

Besides it's only a cartoon, and Joe's are just military fantasy. I had over 10 years of real military, so the last thing I want my toy collections/cartoons to remind me of is work. :)

OK, OK, I'm not a fan of the Jello Vipers, but between them and the BATS/robots, it gives the Joes something to actually kill and have the show still be alright for the kids.

Captain Carstein

Let's dooooo it!
May 3, 2011
Minnesota
Episode 18 "Union of The Snake" wasn't bad. The art didn't look as crisp as past episodes.

I also liked that The Twins broke free of Mindbender, and I like these Trouble Bubble designs a lot better than the "Resolute" designs.

The Red Star appearance was pretty cool. Although he seemed more like Horror Show to me.

I totally agree on the Red Star / Horror Show thing. Makes me think this was a one time cameo thing instead of seeing more OG in the future.

I like the T. Bubble designs too. I had to laugh when they showed everyone of the pilots jump/fall to safety. Little like watching ARAH Blue Shirts again. :)

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Absolutely!! She is my surprise favorite character by far. To me she IS the main evil mover and shaker.

I make no apologies, I love this series! For how ever long we have to enjoy it. The small things that once bothered me are now just part of the fabric of the show (Even Mindbender). It's been one of the few things in the last year or so that's actually got me excited about Joes again, so I don't sweat the small stuff.

Besides it's only a cartoon, and Joe's are just military fantasy. I had over 10 years of real military, so the last thing I want my toy collections/cartoons to remind me of is work. :)

OK, OK, I'm not a fan of the Jello Vipers, but between them and the BATS/robots, it gives the Joes something to actually kill and have the show still be alright for the kids.

i couldn't agree more. I was very very angry when the show got the dreaded "hiatus" tag but I have really enjoyed the show. The only thing I don't like is the bio vipers. The story telling and writing is top notch and the large amount of easter eggs has been a ton of fun

Captain Carstein

Let's dooooo it!
May 3, 2011
Minnesota
i couldn't agree more. I was very very angry when the show got the dreaded "hiatus" tag but I have really enjoyed the show. The only thing I don't like is the bio vipers. The story telling and writing is top notch and the large amount of easter eggs has been a ton of fun

Ditto. I still have some hope that the series will come back though. Just based on what they have invested into it already.

Just so much potential to do the "Renegades" thing for awhile and then segway into proper Joe Team vs Cobra further in the series. They could even start a new series at that point bringing all the characters over into a more modern ARAHish storyline.

Bottom line they need something on TV to sell product. Hasbro knows this, and that's why they created the Hub to support their toylines etc. If Hasbro is going to continue to put Joe product on the shelves, I can bet they'll have some kind of Joe show on the "Hub".

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Ditto. I still have some hope that the series will come back though. Just based on what they have invested into it already.

Just so much potential to do the "Renegades" thing for awhile and then segway into proper Joe Team vs Cobra further in the series. They could even start a new series at that point bringing all the characters over into a more modern ARAHish storyline.

Bottom line they need something on TV to sell product. Hasbro knows this, and that's why they created the Hub to support their toylines etc. If Hasbro is going to continue to put Joe product on the shelves, I can bet they'll have some kind of Joe show on the "Hub".

I have a very bad feeling that they will do a new toon after ROC2 and it will follow that storyline :(

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I like the T. Bubble designs too. I had to laugh when they showed everyone of the pilots jump/fall to safety. Little like watching ARAH Blue Shirts again. :)

that made me laugh too. I found myself watching closely hoping that they wouldn't show one live :)

Captain Carstein

Let's dooooo it!
May 3, 2011
Minnesota
I have a very bad feeling that they will do a new toon after ROC2 and it will follow that storyline :(

I'm afraid you're going to be right about that... :(

that made me laugh too. I found myself watching closely hoping that they wouldn't show one live :)

I wouldn't be surprised if Frostbite or Rip Cord showed again since they didn't show a body. Of course no one really ever dies in the comics or cartoons. ;)

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I wouldn't be surprised if Frostbite or Rip Cord showed again since they didn't show a body. Of course no one really ever dies in the comics or cartoons. ;)

I really hope that Ripcord stays dead. That moment got me excited about the show and that's what hooked me. It would be a real bitch move to bring him back

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

i wouldnt go so far as to say i love it, but i do agree that as time has gone on, i have come to enjoy it more...the animation for instance used to really bother me, but now, i don't even notice it...and i think the things that used to bother me, still do, they just happen less frequently in the show, so i can now enjoy it more often...

Bio-Vipers...still HATE them!
helping townies...still annoying, but haven't seen it in a while
Mindbender isn't very prevelent either...

i guess whats really brought me around is that they are finally getting into the meat of the story...it was really getting dragged out for a while there...

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
hes not an evil charactor, hes a whiney b!tch..a 16 yr old whiny b!tch like MW said

haha. If u get past the whole 16 thing, he is pretty evil. His double crossing Destro, his blackmail to the twins, the way he treated them after they joined him. His caddle prod thing that he used to move the bio vipers. He's pretty evil for a kids show.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
true...still, whiny b!tch though...how an evil genious would be a some young inexperienced punk is beyound me..what, is he Doogie Howser?

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
true...still, whiny b!tch though...how an evil genious would be a some young inexperienced punk is beyound me..what, is he Doogie Howser?

it's really hard to judge ages on the show cuz of the animation but If I had to guess, I would say Mindbender is most likely around 25. I'm thinking CC and Baroness are in there mid to early 30's. I would think Bludd and Destro to be late 30's.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

Captain Carstein

Let's dooooo it!
May 3, 2011
Minnesota
Mindneders one bright moment was the in the "Brothers of Light" episode. I like him as a foil to the more mature Destro and Baroness characters.

With him sporting the upturned collar on his purple Polo, I just imagine he's the "cocky blonde guy" from every eighties movie.