G.I.*JOE Renegades discussion

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I can't make up my mind on him. Sometimes he really pisses me off and sometimes I really like him. He's definitly too young and "hip" but he does have an evil streak. It's not going to really matter cuz the show is dead after 6 more shows but I would like to see Dr. Venom have a much bigger role.

He's sufficiently evil, but far too college hipster douche.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
perfect summation K-T...no one is arguing his evilness...but we all seem to collectively loath his whiny, douchey b!tchiness...

and i'm with you MW...i don't think its Rip either...these past eps have really been hinting at Scarlett emo pain, so i'm going with it having something to do with her too...

though, Duke has been pretty emo about "putting the team in harms way"...did he happen to put Rip in the situation he ended up in?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I'm gonna have to say TR is my favorite character, and I never cared either way for him. Duke is flat, Scarlett and RB are a bit more interesting, Snake Eyes has the cool factor but he's too superhero and I think for a mute they give him more personality than they could, but he could still use some more. And is it me, or does TR come to the rescue a LOT?

And I actually laughed at the scene in Castle Destro where he's dressed like the Chinese business owner, and the guards are questioning why he's where he is, and he "waves" to an imaginary person behind them to draw their attention. It was so stupid and funny but it worked.

I also liked the banter of the Cobra goons who were talking about why they got stuck with arctic patrol... both instances were from earlier in the series and were Joe attacks. I appreciated that bit a lot.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I'm gonna have to say TR is my favorite character, and I never cared either way for him. Duke is flat, Scarlett and RB are a bit more interesting, Snake Eyes has the cool factor but he's too superhero and I think for a mute they give him more personality than they could, but he could still use some more. And is it me, or does TR come to the rescue a LOT?

And I actually laughed at the scene in Castle Destro where he's dressed like the Chinese business owner, and the guards are questioning why he's where he is, and he "waves" to an imaginary person behind them to draw their attention. It was so stupid and funny but it worked.

I also liked the banter of the Cobra goons who were talking about why they got stuck with arctic patrol... both instances were from earlier in the series and were Joe attacks. I appreciated that bit a lot.

TR is okay. He really annoyed me in the early episodes but over time I've gotten use to him. It does feel like he's the one to save the day. I agree about the banter on the artic patrol. That was a nice touch.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
well i just saw #20 and I was dead wrong. That fucker came back to life :mad:

the overall show was okay. Wild Bill showed up again, lift ticket made his first showing, and Flint got punked out again.

The best part was CC went into a full mask and looks much better. We also learned that CC has a horrible illness that only Mindbender knows about. Mindbender tried to black mail CC and CC laid the smack down on him.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
sounds like i should skip this episode...stupid rak'n frak'n rab'n shnab'n #@*&!%

i hate Blackcord and then they made him Bio?!...its like the two worst things of the show combined...ARRRGG!

well hey, at least the irritaing shows canceled right?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
yup...sigh...

CCs mask was cool though...

still wanted to punch popped collar Mindbender in his douche face, specially when he said "epic fail" :rolleyes:

CoBrAtHeEnEmY!

its for your own good
Mar 14, 2011
here
just watched it ,wild bill looked cool like his new ride odd he didnt say any thing though oh well and cc new mask did look a lot better

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
So I'm catching up on the last episode, and they just did the "gasp! Ripcord!" scene.

And I imagined hearing Monkeywrench yell "DAMMIT!" at that exact moment.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
pretty much, except it was of a FUCK!

Haha. Yeah... I mean I knew it was coming, but... sigh.

I actually laughed when Mindbender called Cobra Commander "CC". Wonder if that was a bit of a nerd nod? So now Ripcord is Venom? Err...

And the entire time, I couldn't help but think, out of gear and those giant goggles, he looks exactly like a cartoon Obama.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Haha. Yeah... I mean I knew it was coming, but... sigh.

I actually laughed when Mindbender called Cobra Commander "CC". Wonder if that was a bit of a nerd nod? So now Ripcord is Venom? Err...

And the entire time, I couldn't help but think, out of gear and those giant goggles, he looks exactly like a cartoon Obama.

yeah, Mindbender has actually called CC a bunch of times already.

stupid black bio ripcord, yuck

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
This episode was the first time i saw RipCord, and boy, he sure looks like a cartoon Obama. ;)

Freedom

Solo Operative
I finally got around to watching Episode 20. Bringing Ripcord back just reminded me too much of Stargate Atlantis when they thought Ford was dead and he comes back as a half bug Wraith hunter. Plus, they keep making Flint look like a doofus...

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
a whole episode dedicated to not one, but 3 different kinda of Booger-Vipers...yaayyy...:rolleyes:

i'm pretty sure there was abosultely nothing good about this episode AT ALL...well, the green MPs at the very end looked cool

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
i forgot to watch, so i'll try to catch the airing today.

Frankly Jem reruns are more interesting than Renegades.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They were fighting fucking zombie 'bots on Transformers Prime. What do they fight on Renegades? Booger-Vipers.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
the funny thing is, in G.I.JOE, its cool for the robots to die, but in TF, they have to be zombies for it to be okay for kiddies to see :rolleyes:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I wish the Japanese would do a G.I. Joe anime. Get Yutaka Minowa or Hiroyuki Okimura to handle the character design and let someone do a mature storyline and you could be on to a great OVA.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Pretty sure i could cook up a use for that Sewer Viper, but then again i'm also pretty sure we're never gonna see a toy version.

Yup, i'm certain of it now. Jem reruns are more entertaining than Renegades.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Apparently The Hub is in trouble. Only 23,000 viewers.

What do you expect with such a limited way to get the channel?