G.I.*JOE Renegades discussion

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
No new episode, accourding to IMDB there are 2 episodes left (no dates listed for final 2), but the final episode is listed as a part 1, sux if it was cancelled cause we will never see part 2.

eps names are Going Underground and Revelations part 1

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I personally think Hasbro's mistake was The Hub, Its not available in most markets and the ones it is it is on a top tier package, no duh they have less than 20,000 subscribers. This show would be a hit if they would have secured a regular cable station like Cartoon Network to air it on. CN would have had more kids viewing which would have equalled more toy sales which would have equalled more stocking of said toys. It seems once individuals get to the top of a corporation they become idiots because all they do is play golf and forget their roots.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Yeah, Cobra Commander executes Mindbender and ends the jello-vipers program for good. Duke and the Renegades quit being on the run and are cleared by the military and they form G.I. JOE officially, recruiting the various members we've met throughout the season. They open The Pit and we end the episode with a flyover of The U.S.S. Flagg.

Then I woke up, and realized there was a cartoon with initial promise but the writers had fucked it all up, and I need to catch up on 2-3 episodes.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Just watched #24 on youtube. It was a let down. CC was a badass but the whole show had the Joes and Biocord fighting a driller controlled by Baroness. SE did walk in on Duke and Scarlett getting all close and lovey a few times and then got emo over it.

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
I've got all the episodes as ".avi" files uploaded to Rapidshare and MegaUpload. I'm happy to post the links on this site if there's a demand for them (and if the Admins/Mods are alright with that.)

I agree, Monkeywrench, that this episode was a disappointment. Especially "emo SE." The writing in these episodes seem really uneven. I really enjoyed the last Jinx/SS episode, especially SS's reaction to the realization who had killed Hard Master. I thought that was great character development. Now we have this love triangle, real or imagined, shoved into the plotting.

I'm hoping, now that Scarlett has definitive proof of Cobra's devious ways, that the last two episodes will jump right into the thick of things.

What I'd like to know is which writer thought that giving Ripcord these superpowers was a good idea? This is all our punishment for cheering the "death" of Ripcord in the first episode.....

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Hahaha, I completely agree and welcome to the site. I don't have a problem with the links but I'm not a mod/admin so u should prolly check with them first, or just do it lol. It's always easier to ask for forgiveness then it is for permission :)

I liked the SS/Jinx show too but I don't like the end as in SS has nowhere to go. He left his clan with Jinx, made up with SE and left Cobra... now what the hell is he going to do?

I hate Biocord, I was so happy when they killed him off and now he's back kicking me in the nutz :(

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
also, since they were planning for more seasons, I'm expecting season 1 to end on a cliffhanger. I don't think the Joes will be accepted by Flint etc. I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see it happening.

I'm also worried about Scarlett's backstory, I have a really bad feeling that she is going to be related to CC :(

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
...welcome to the site.

Thanks, man. Happy to be here. I actually joined a couple months ago, but never got around to actually posting. I'm writing a book now (due in two days), so of course I am doing everything in my power to procrastinate and waste time, like visiting sites I've bookmarked ages ago. But I like this site, so you'll be seeing more of me soon...:cool:

...now he's back kicking me in the nutz

LOL! I know exactly what you mean! I thought it was a gift and an apology for RoC from Hasbro the way they killed of Ripcord so early....Boy, did I misread that! I like my Joes military-realistic, with as minimal sci-fi as possible. BioVipers are bad enough, although I can understand why you'd want monsters instead of men in uniforms being shot at in a kids show. But Ripcord? The Hub needs to re-evaluate their focus group.

Don't get me wrong, though. As much as I'm bashing Renegades, I think it's a pretty solid show. Some of the episodes were weak, but others were pretty kickass. That anime-lite character designs, which I thought I would hate, really grew on me. And the voice acting was really strong.

The only romance I tolerate (even root for) in Joes is Baroness and Destro, and I thought they did a great job with that...

I'll be sad to see it go off the air.

I wouldn't be surprised if you're right about Scarlett's past. Definitely something going on there. I hope it's not through CC, though...that's a bit too Star Wars/soap opera. I'd rather her father just be a "nameless" Cobra worker that Scarlett discovered is doing immoral things, so she's obsessed in shutting down Cobra to make up for him...but I won't bet money against CC. :(

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I'm hoping for that scenario too about Scarlett. I actually really like the show too, it could be much worse like sigma sux. It took awhile for the animation to grow on me too. I also kinda root for Destro and Baroness and I really like how they have set that up. I also like Flint being with LJ, that really hasn't happened yet, in fact they have made Flint a total dumbass which I'm not a fan of. Overall it's been some pretty good storys with tons of fun easter eggs.

2 more shows and then it's all over, then I'm sure we'll get some crappy ass toon related to the shitty roc verse after joe2 :mad:

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
I hate to be "that guy" who is always bashing Hasbro, but you do have to wonder what their thinking was in stopping the show after this season. Good stories or not, this series (like the original Sunbow series) is first and foremost a 22-minute action figure commercial...so why would you end the series 2 months before the first Renegade figures ever hit the shelves. At least put out a second season, to keep the Joe-momentum going leading up to RoC2 Help clear the pegs of PoC, 30th, and Renegade figures before the RoC movie figures come out...

[insert "shaking head" emoticon]

For the most part, with minor exceptions, Hasbro produces some damned fine action figures. But they continually shoot themselves in the foot with their sporadic distribution and lackluster marketing....

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
i gotta go to dinner...but i'll be back to talk about Hasbro f***ing themselves and the disaster that could be if yer right MW...about Scarlett/CC that is

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I hate to be "that guy" who is always bashing Hasbro, but you do have to wonder what their thinking was in stopping the show after this season. Good stories or not, this series (like the original Sunbow series) is first and foremost a 22-minute action figure commercial...so why would you end the series 2 months before the first Renegade figures ever hit the shelves. At least put out a second season, to keep the Joe-momentum going leading up to RoC2 Help clear the pegs of PoC, 30th, and Renegade figures before the RoC movie figures come out...

[insert "shaking head" emoticon]

For the most part, with minor exceptions, Hasbro produces some damned fine action figures. But they continually shoot themselves in the foot with their sporadic distribution and lackluster marketing....

I agree. Who ever is in charge of marketing needs to get shot. They make solid product but most of it is dead in the water before it even has a chance to come out. So frustrating.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Thought the other day's episode was true to standard, boring as Renegades form.

I did snicker at Emo-Eyes getting all butthurt over Scarlett and Duke.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
i loved at the beginning when they were helping the townies, both superhero Joes had to save the day...Super SE and plasticman Ripcord...

seriously, if this is the route that they woulda continued to take with the show, i am VERY glad its over...i'm sick of getting my hopes up that "maybe today it will be a decent episode"...the few good episodes just arent worth the majority being crap...

ya know, ever since Ripcords been back, i don't think i remember seeing an episode i liked...making him a Booger-Viper was just awful...and i think you guys are right, its our punishment for bashing him and the Bio-Vipers so much...

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
ya know, ever since Ripcords been back, i don't think i remember seeing an episode i liked...

I agree, with the sole exception being the "Cutting Edge" episode with Jinx and SS.

Probably no coincidence that Ripcord was absent during most of that episode....

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I agree, with the sole exception being the "Cutting Edge" episode with Jinx and SS.

Probably no coincidence that Ripcord was absent during most of that episode....

the only problem i had with that one, is their impossibly sharp swords...theres zero resistance when they cut thru things like METAL robots, or stone colums or diamonds, like they were cutting thru air, let alone the fact that they even cut thru them at all...it bugs the crap outta me...i mean, even in real life, water would offer some resistance...and even if these guys literally had supermans stength, the swords wouldnr be able to physically do what they do, theyd bend or break, or just stop at the material they trying cut altogether...

though this problem is kinda epidemic thru all toons with lame a$$ ninjas...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Saw he previews for the final two episodes. They put War Machine cannons on the B-V's shoulders.

*sighs*.

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
though this problem is kinda epidemic thru all toons with lame a$$ ninjas...

Yeah, so much so that I've become immune to it. Wasn't there an episode in the early Sunbow cartoons where SS cuts down a stone pillar with one swipe so that it falls on some Joe running away? I think they used that scene in the closing credits of some episodes.

I have a love/hate relationship with ninjas... Storm Shadow is one of my favorite characters because of his background in the Marvel comics. But Hama started making the ninjas do some VERY impossible things, so much so that I would hate their appearance. Don't get me started on that Arashikage mind set...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Snake Eyes was running around with some mechanical box doohickey, and they talk about him having a secret.

Scarlett looks pretty butthurt throughout, so there's gonna be some sparks there.

Don't have high hopes.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Snake Eyes was running around with some mechanical box doohickey, and they talk about him having a secret.

Scarlett looks pretty butthurt throughout, so there's gonna be some sparks there.

Don't have high hopes.

cool. Thanks.

My high hopes died many eps ago :)

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, so much so that I've become immune to it. Wasn't there an episode in the early Sunbow cartoons where SS cuts down a stone pillar with one swipe so that it falls on some Joe running away? I think they used that scene in the closing credits of some episodes.

I have a love/hate relationship with ninjas... Storm Shadow is one of my favorite characters because of his background in the Marvel comics. But Hama started making the ninjas do some VERY impossible things, so much so that I would hate their appearance. Don't get me started on that Arashikage mind set...

the ninjas could be cool...but the way they handle them sucks...their kinda a bunch of superpowered, physics defying sissies...its just lame if yer not 5yrs old...no offence to anyone who thinkgs Renegades nijas are awesome :D

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
...no offence to anyone who thinkgs Renegades nijas are awesome :D

Well, F@*% You, buddy!!!!

jk...I'm with you. I can do without SE and his flying motorcycle rescues. I like my GI Joes very realistic..The highest level of sci-fi I accept is the existence of B.A.T.S....I tend to ignore magical ninjas.