G.I.*JOE Renegades discussion

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
What? With those snazzy Family Ties re-runs, I can't believe nobody's watching...

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
no kidding...i'm nostalgic for the 80's, but certainly not for the sitcoms...bring on the 80's toons and i'd be all over that like Big Jim on a fattie

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
yeah.

overall I liked this one. We got some classic zartan and we found out the Hard Masters killer.

Not a big fan of Jinx's new Tron look though

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I'm almost happy that the show is dead after 1 season now. After seeing this episode, what the hell were they planning on doing with SS now? I was expecting this story to drag on for the 4-5 seasons that they claimed to have planned, but I just don't see it now. He's not Cobra, not with his clan, he made up and fought along SE, whats the point of him now?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, the SS 180 was too abrupt. Jinx is still a petulant child, but now she has a quarter-of-a-billion-dollar combat suit.

Dunno what to think of that, either. Dunno what you can really do with her look, to be honest. Most customs of her go with that sleek Metal Gear Solid look. Her old look doesn't fit in the PoC era, even though i like it, and all the "modern" imaginings are boring and uninspired.

Kunoichi are hard to update, i guess.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
So I think it was intentional that they paired them up like they did, but I'm watching the ARAH/Renegades marathon on Hub right now and they are alternating between Sunbow and the new cartoon, and they put the "Springfield" episode with Shipwreck and the synthoids in it... Which were essentially kinda Bio-Vipers. Of course, they didn't overuse the hell out of the Synthoids (I think they were only in 4-5 episodes, but I could be wrong) but they do morph into goo and all that.

I just thought it was funny, and wondered if they were like "Take that, fanboys! Your old cartoon had snot zombies, too!"

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
There was the one with Shipwreck in Springfield, and the Synthoid Conspiracy, both of which were 2 episodes each... They're the only ones I can think off off the top of my head, but they could have been in a few more. They also showed up in Transformers Season 3.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Jinx is still a petulant child, but now she has a quarter-of-a-billion-dollar combat suit..

they've done a bang up job of taking a character i used to love and making me hate her...

and when are they gonna have some original ideas?...it was such a blatant Tron rip-off its silly...

like MW said, i'm glad its done...

maybe the next inevitable time they start over, AGAIN, they'll get it right...*snickers*

I just thought it was funny, and wondered if they were like "Take that, fanboys! Your old cartoon had snot zombies, too!"

it is funny they did that, and it DEFINITLY seems intentional...i mean, of allllll the ARAH episodes they could choose from, they picked those ones :rolleyes:

like you guys already said, of two seasons, they were in 4 episodes...of this one season of Renegades, they have been in what 75+%?...

Last edited:

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
overall it was a good show but I hate what they did with Jinx and now what the hell is in store for SS

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
it was like 30% decent to me...there was so little i liked about the show...everytime i found something i liked about it, they would do something so lame to remind me why i originally had such a hard time enjoying it...

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Caught some of the Joe marathon on Sunday. So what was up with the boogers over robot vipers?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
When you figure that out, let us know.

Haha. I really hate that they've spent so much time on those stupid bio-Vipers. At least the story's progressed, like a weird experiment that's gone wrong, but I am getting a bit tired of it. Cobra has so many things it could be doing besides just making Snot-Terminators.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Just watched tonights show. I really liked the debut of HD. We finally got Major Bludd back and his arm got ripped off by a Croc..... Ouch!

alcinde4

Kicker of asses and such
May 16, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Am I the only that sees tons of vehicle potential from this show? Especially this episode. Some of this shit could be really badass. Major Bludd's car would be boss.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
'Bout all i can say for that one is nice way to relieve Sebastian Bludd of his arm.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
it was awesome to see them put a black guy in a show and NOT make him sound steriotypically black...they actually tried to make him sound edjucated...imagine that, a GOOD black role model, huh...

alcinde4

Kicker of asses and such
May 16, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I think they had already done that with Roadblock (he listens to metal after all), and to a lesser extent Ripcord (who doesn't even have a discernible, regionalized accent). Baby steps...