G.I. JOE - Retro Series

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
Yeah, I understand, I still get a nostalgia tug when I see one of the old GI Joe painted hair figures or the 70’s Evil Knievel stunt bikes😉

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
The HISS is odd beyond it's obvious impractical design. It's supposed to be a high-speed tank (oxymoron?), but I always loved when in the cartoon or comics when it was drawn bigger, much larger than the joe-scale proportions of the '83 toy, like some kind of lumbering beast. That's why when I designed my lego version for 1/35th scale Mega figures, the end result was actually just a little bigger than the Hasbro "1:18" version.

Mega Joe Project: HISS – TELETRAAN ONE

Reactions: Sgt301

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
That’s pretty cool, looking at the wide tracks made me think I could reconsider using something like that as an arctic patrol vehicle. It kinda reminds me of a tactical snow cat with weapons, painted white of course.

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
***RETRO UPDATE *** Today I was at the Walmart on 360 in Chesterfield Virginia near Woodlake just south of Richmond and found 4 AWE Strikers on the shelf. I bought one for the motor pool so that I can crawl on the floor with my grandsons and ruin my knees 😉 I love those boys and never dreamed that grandkids would be this much fun 😎👍

Reactions: ThunderDan19