G.I.Joe Trooper

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
The more I see of this line the easier it is to put auctions up on e bay. Retaliation is curing me of wanting figures!

red4

Enlisted
Feb 25, 2012
If you guys really think that head looks Halo-ish, then the human armor in Gears of War IS Soundwave from Transformers. Honestly though, as a huge fan of Halo, it never crossed my mind that they were going for a Halo look, and I still don't see it. Spartan helmets look like glorified astronaut helmets, and that Joe Trooper's helmet is a far cry.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yes, because that helmet looks would look absolutely out of place with any of these if the blue was mirrored gold instead.

Someone in the group is blind in one eye and can't see out of the other, and it ain't the ones who see Halo styling here. If you told me those were UNSC troops in whatever the next game was gonna be it wouldn't be a stretch to believe it.

But hwy, the asshat comes with four fucking pistols!

red4

Enlisted
Feb 25, 2012
Yes, because that helmet looks would look absolutely out of place with any of these if the blue was mirrored gold instead.

Someone in the group is blind in one eye and can't see out of the other, and it ain't the ones who see Halo styling here. If you told me those were UNSC troops in whatever the next game was gonna be it wouldn't be a stretch to believe it.

Your perception of the Halo aesthetic is far too generic. There is a balance that is not met in the Trooper's helmet design. To me it looks more like a grasshopper with a small forehead.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Your perception of the Halo aesthetic is far too generic. There is a balance that is not met in the Trooper's helmet design. To me it looks more like a grasshopper with a small forehead.

It screams Halo to me.

Is it exactly like the typical halo helmet? No.

However it is a very close representation of a Halo Helmet and that was before that poster that KT posted. After seeing that shit, I have no doubts that Hasbro had full intentions to do a Halo-Inspired Look.

That's perfectly okay by me too. They want to get kids to pay attention to their product. Well Kids play Halo, so maybe they will like the Figure?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Maybe. Hope so, I don't want to stare at 'ol four-pistols for 18 months.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
I'd like a few to mix up with the Steel Brigade, Pit MPs, Commandos and Delta drivers.

The Cobra Trooper is fine, but I prefer the PoC/30th and Resolute Troopers supplemented with PoC/30th Vipers.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
And 3 rifles (or 2 rifles and a grenade launcher).

And yet none of it looks all that mind-blowing. They can't all be Shock Troopers or Pit Commandoes, I reckon.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
And even the Pit Commando was 'eh'.

The grenade launcher is a nice homage to the original standard Joe rifle, while still being its own thing.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Eh, the line doesn't need more homages. Lots of terrible things in the line because of that homage mentality.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
HT is "that" way. I hear they like rehashing ARAH.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
HASBRO Y U RIP OFF HALO?! Seriously, Bungie and Microsoft should sue. GI Joe figures should be ripping off video games characters that are more closely related in subject (and era) like Call of Duty, Battlefield, Metal Gear, etc, etc.

bitetheasp

Enlisted
Aug 2, 2011
Wasn't Halo a Tribes ripoff?

Besides, Sci-Fi's full helmet is closer to Spartan-like than this.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I kinda like it. Think I can do something to him. Seems more like a Merc than a trooper though

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
And here I was feeling sorry for you, MW, thinking that you didn't have any...

I'm not seeing the appeal for the figure, via pictures or packaged, although I do appreciate the new head sculpt. I might appreciate him better after I open him tonight.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
And here I was feeling sorry for you, MW, thinking that you didn't have any...

I'm not seeing the appeal for the figure, via pictures or packaged, although I do appreciate the new head sculpt. I might appreciate him better after I open him tonight.

hahaha.

I'm hoarding this one :D

If you find somebody who really needs one and doesn't have one, help them out first... other than that... i'll take a bunch!

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I like him even more now that I know he looks like the unmasked Sideshow Beachhead...

But I liked him to begin with. My goal was to split him up and turn his base torso (with the 25th head + webgear) to make an updated Steeler, and using the unmasked head with the DG body to make an updated Grunt.

Except that damn collar! GAR! I have no idea why they changed it, but the packaging back shows that it's removable. Unfortunately, it's not.

snakeling

not an actual member
Mar 15, 2011
Yeah it could go either way, but I made that comment to a friend of mine who has him.
"Looks like he's got a big dip in." The Joes are human, they'll have their vices.