Grail Obtained: Kiwami Tamashii Denliner playset

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
I got my first real paycheck from my new job and splurged on an item I've been wanting since learning of it a few years back but couldn't fit into my budget at its original $240 release price. But I saw it for $99 recently on Amazon and had to bite. Now I'm getting giddy awaiting its arrival from the seller, squeee!

I dunno anything about Kamen Rider or the other properties in the 18th SIC Kiwami Tamashii line that I believe is now defunct, but I know quality figures. These are hands-down the overall best 18th figures ever produced, imho. The only negatives about them are some lacking in the range of movement in most figures' torsos. They all have two ball joints in there, but the detailed sculpting often limits them. That and the comparitive obscurity of the characters to my Western eyes are the only things I'd change if I could. Otherwise they excell in every category i use in judging a figure's greatness; articulation as a whole towards expressing the character's personality, the detail of the sculpting, paintjob, and overall 'presence' as he/she/it are posed and displayed.

This 'Denliner' playset features a ramen shop I assume to have been the setting for a crucial moment for whatever Kamen Rider's about, with six benches and four tables, and a serving station with sliding door; and figures of three Imagin villains:
Review: S.I.C. Kiwami Tamashii Limited Denliner DX Set Many Large Images | GUNJAP <------- lots of great pics so take a look!

I had been assuming the tables and chairs plugged into the floor and left ugly sculpting scars if left out, but I'm very pleased to see the set is fully sculpted and I'm getting a big 'John Byrne's Fantastic Four' vibe from the interior of the ramen shop devoid of the furniture. Maybe it can be the secured Special Projects room in the Baxter Building.

The villains are just cool villains for my '500 sqmi of 2073 NeoTokyo gets sent back to the present permanently' storyline that gets a combined future where Motoko Kusanagi from GitS leads a Section 9 now consisting of the Appleseed characters live alongside Batman Beyond and Judge Dredd and all have been transposed back to the present.

Kintaros will likely be used as-is. He's long been the most eye-catching of the three exclusive figures in the set, like an Asgardian-level Mongolian god. Maybe some research will be warranted now that he's actually gonna be here.

Ryutaros had long seemed the 'waste' of the three, but now I've realized he's gonna be a great base for a new Elric figure, and his head painted in squid colors is a great base for a mer-monster character.

Urataros was always thought cool, but now I'm seeing a big resemblance between him and the MicroMan AcroBiom figure of a decent ways back. I'm gonna wait for the albino HACKS Gorgon to replicate Biom's connect-a-tail. I'm thinking removing the Gorgon's arms and head, and lining her up behind Urataros without his head, facing away, arching backwards so her chest is ready to be bashed with ye olde Biom's head. I'm seeing Biom as the headmonster able to use various bodies as puppets, including stripping heads off regular humans and grabbing on to the exposed spinal cord and torn blood vessels, or either of the techno-grown Urataros or Gorgonsnake bodies, or both at once.

AcroBiom:
Microman 2004 Series - Microman Acroyear-X

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
So, it's been a while, but my set *finally* came in. I bought it for $99 off Amazon back in Nov, but it never came and they refunded my money. That same day I bought it from a different seller for about $15 less - but Amazon never took the money. So, I had to wait a few weeks longer but it was scott FREE.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
The MSRP was originally about $250, and the figures each run between $20-25; so a hundy is positively a *steal* for the quality and quantity of stuff in the box (although I admit the dinnerware and whatnot don't have much appeal).