Happy Anniversary (again!)

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Apparently this is now the 2nd anniversary of the great Crush of '11.

Sad that we lost all the posts from 2009-2011, but we'll always have the memories!

Thanks to everyone who's been a part of this crazy ride!

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Isn't it bad luck to talk about the Great Crush?

Nyet! NEVER FORGET! Should we stop talking about when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Even though this anniversary is to celebrate something shitty, I'm happy to say this has been one of the best forums I've ever joined. Seriously

Sweet! Glad you're here..

The crush of '11 was really a turning point for the site in a number of ways. It let us shed some of the weight that we'd accumulated over the first couple of years, and let us reinvent ourselves in a way. Beeavision helped a TON, since he designed our current logo and helped mesh our color scheme in with something that looked good!

It also got some of us off our asses for a period, so we could do some background work on improving the site etc.

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
I signed up after the big crush, so I missed out on a lot. I'm sure glad I'm here now.

Sometimes you wanna go where everybody knows your name, and they're always glad you came.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I signed up after the big crush, so I missed out on a lot. I'm sure glad I'm here now.

Sometimes you wanna go where everybody knows your name, and they're always glad you came.

Indeed.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Ha the big Crush! Before the Crush I was still on my H8er bandwagon posting twice as much in the social groups then on the forums.... good times!

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
Pardon my newbieness, but what exactly was the Great Crush?

sit down young whippersnapper and let me tell you of a tale. A tale when this site was in it's infancy and the morons who owned the server let our site die. Lost everything, pics, threads and even accts. had to redo everything.

Lost a few people in the process, but in the end, we got stronger, faster, better.

Psycho Joe Guy

Enlisted
Mar 5, 2013
There are a couple of tech forums I'm on that have had that happen more than once. Don't take it personally. The alternative is a having a bunch of tiny-dicked administrators with god/inadequacy complexes who have enough income and free time to keep things running smoothly. Tossing the salad of sponsors regularly- yeah- don't expect there's much of that here.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
There are a couple of tech forums I'm on that have had that happen more than once. Don't take it personally. The alternative is a having a bunch of tiny-dicked administrators with god/inadequacy complexes who have enough income and free time to keep things running smoothly. Tossing the salad of sponsors regularly- yeah- don't expect there's much of that here.

Tossing the salad? yeah, plenty of that on Eddie alley, sponsors not so much.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Haha yeah.. I found out later that I could have probably had them restore the site from backups, but I was tired and honestly it felt like kind of a fresh start.

We had kinda guessed our way through the first year or so, so there was a lot of sloppy code in the forums etc.

The crush (aka 'crash') also allowed a lot of new members to join the site and feel as equals since there was no post whoring yet :)

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Oh my gosh you guys!...I completely forgot!...I didn't get you anything for our anniversary!

sit down young whippersnapper and let me tell you of a tale. A tale when this site was in it's infancy and the morons who owned the server let our site die. Lost everything, pics, threads and even accts. had to redo everything.

Lost a few people in the process, but in the end, we got stronger, faster, better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7zNY0I5JNI&autoplay=1

Oh no, we still have those unfortunately :D

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
And if we go by word-count, it'd be like 45 Monkeywrench-length articles! :D

Uhhh, nothing to brag about brah*...it's likely none of us made it to the end of those extremely wordy books...yes books...articles does not do them justice...

It feels weird getting MWs back :D

*"brah" said ironically

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
This place has been around since 2009?

Yep!

If you look at the little logo to the left

<==== you'll see "Est. 2009"

I think we officially started around Memorial Day 2009, and our 'grand opening' was July 4th. That's why our yearly Officer Drive is in that time period.

The current forums "birthday" is March 14th essentially though.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Note: Administrators. Not former News Staff who got demoted to Just-Moderator because they only write 3 articles a year!

Also, all infractions should be directed at this guy:

http://forums.fighting118th.com/member.php?u=14

Actually, you wrote those to get in comic con and then did not do shit. Well deserved color change. I still think pink is a better color for your position. :)

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Actually, you wrote those to get in comic con and then did not do shit. Well deserved color change. I still think pink is a better color for your position. :)

Pft, I took notes and even transcribed them! I don't even play video games or read comics, and Glorious Leader was supposed to write the article! So there!

*cries*

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Ha, all this takes me back to the original thread over at that other site (what was it called again?), and the migration. Anybody heard from Slither in the past year+? Is he touring Europe with his band or something?

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Maybe he came to the conclusion that the heavy metal image and toy collecting don't mesh well... :D

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
I officially joined up after the crash, but was a visitor for quite a while. I was hooked on the stank crack for several years...now I just pop in over there to check BSTs since we don't have the amount of people...errr douchebags trying to charge an arm and a leg for shit.

Seriously - I found a guy who has an entire sealed CASE of 8 SDCC Shocktanks for sale...I mean come on...