Iceberg is coming!

Hellion42

Meat Shield
May 1, 2013
Side 7
Fetal double entendres aside, will the POC Whiteout skirt piece work? I have one somewhere, but not handy enough to check it out.

Hellion42

Meat Shield
May 1, 2013
Side 7
Fetal double entendres aside, will the POC Whiteout skirt piece work? I have one somewhere, but not handy enough to check it out.

To answer my own question, no. No it will not work. So add me to the list of people who will happily purchase a color-matched waistpiece to further kitbash this ugly-assed kitbash of a figure the sure looks like it was free (as long as you ignore the price tag).

That said, I'm considering that carded IB, simply because people are stupid and will pay more for it later. I've already sunk 2 grand into Fun Pub figures over the past few years, what's another $30?

*later*

Um... Carded figure, bagged figure, deck of cards. Shipping:
FedEx Priority $45.61
FedEx Home Delivery $13.83
FedEx 2day $22.94
FedEx Express Saver $18.10
Fedex Standard Overnight $41.79
USPS Express $44.45
USPS Priority $15.00

I swear, if that outfit had legitimate competition instead of having their admittedly small market by the short hairs... what crack pipe are they smoking from?

Oh, I see that removing the 3-ounce pack of cards reduces the priority shipping down to $12. Very strange, as I just shipped two carded figures and three loose via priority yesterday for a whopping $5.23. Cue club zombies in 3... 2... 1...

"But you don't have to pay staff!"

sadtrombone.wav

Last edited:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Oh yeah, you're paying for "handling". Because its that difficult to put something in a box.

I wouldn't be so mad if everything that came from them was well packaged, but it's not. You're paying a premium shipping price for sub-par packaging.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I hear ya guys. The Club's shipping prices are a fucking crime. It's absolutely ridiculous the prices they charge.

BTW Hellion42, that might be the greatest emoticon I've ever seen!

Hellion42

Meat Shield
May 1, 2013
Side 7
Oh yeah, you're paying for "handling". Because its that difficult to put something in a box.

This scam should be long-dead. You're selling something that has to be delivered. It's your business model. Build associated costs into the price.

I wouldn't be so mad if everything that came from them was well made, but it's not. You're paying a premium price for sub-par product.

Revised that for ya.

BTW Hellion42, that might be the greatest emoticon I've ever seen!

Lol thanks. Most people usually vote for this one though:

Did you pay $1 again for bubble wrap?

Dunno if this was directed at me, but no. I did go through with the order above, though. Those playing cards look kinda neat. (Says the man with a small collection of themed playing cards that get used as often as the regular cards, which is to say never.)

Thankfully, I've had a good track record getting stuff shipped from the club. But I've seen the horror stories, and it's fucking ridiculous.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
This scam should be long-dead. You're selling something that has to be delivered. It's your business model. Build associated costs into the price.

Looking at the prices, you'd think the shipping costs were built in already...then you get to the actual shipping costs and it's as if they charged for the product plus shipping again!

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
hahahaha.

only after I make a thread on HT complaining that I couldn't buy multiples of the items :D

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Got mine today. I liked it anyway, but it looks better in person. It's not as bright as the stock photo of it.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
If only a club would have a different deal with Hasbro. Get an insert for the club and the figures into the packaging on some brick and mortar stuff. More people could mean more orders which could hopefully lower costs and allow a little more money put into making them.

Just dreaming, I know.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I don't know how the "Club" wound up the way it is today, anyways. That shit should be run by Hasbro, not farmed out to some yokels who don't know how to run a business.

Not that Hasbro's stellar in their business choices, but the Club's laughable at best on a lot of their endeavors.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I don't know how the "Club" wound up the way it is today, anyways. That shit should be run by Hasbro, not farmed out to some yokels who don't know how to run a business.

Not that Hasbro's stellar in their business choices, but the Club's laughable at best on a lot of their endeavors.

Makes me wonder how or if they get to choose the molds or parts they use. I wonder if there is a set list they have to go by, or if Hasbro has a price tag like a lease on each part and some are just too expensive.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
No idea how it works. They probably have a list of shit they can use, and a list of shit they can't, and a list of figures they can and can't make.

After seeing the Club make Footloose and Big Boa, I was hoping they'd finish up proper versions of the remaining "M.I.A." Sunbow Joes and make Cross-Country, Frostbite and Monkeywrench, but not now. I don't want them fucking up anymore characters after Iceberg. I want to either get quality "30th"/POC-style updates, or none at all if they're going to shit the bed like they did on Iceberg.

I'm still kind of hoping that Hasbro makes an updated Iceberg and Leatherneck anyways, especially after seeing Leatherneck in that concept case from JoeCon. Iceberg was so goddamn bad, Hasbro sort of should toss us a bone and correct it.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
No idea how it works. They probably have a list of shit they can use, and a list of shit they can't, and a list of figures they can and can't make.

After seeing the Club make Footloose and Big Boa, I was hoping they'd finish up proper versions of the remaining "M.I.A." Sunbow Joes and make Cross-Country, Frostbite and Monkeywrench, but not now. I don't want them fucking up anymore characters after Iceberg. I want to either get quality "30th"/POC-style updates, or none at all if they're going to shit the bed like they did on Iceberg.

I'm still kind of hoping that Hasbro makes an updated Iceberg and Leatherneck anyways, especially after seeing Leatherneck in that concept case from JoeCon. Iceberg was so goddamn bad, Hasbro sort of should toss us a bone and correct it.

If Iceberg had the promised head? Would the figure be as horrible to you. I don't think it would make a difference to me, Maybe move up 1/2 a star. What kind of hate heat is that getting on all the websites, on theirs even?

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011

They give a very complete history of the club on the What's on Joe mind that they recorded at JOECON.