Iceberg is coming!

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
If Iceberg had the promised head? Would the figure be as horrible to you. I don't think it would make a difference to me, Maybe move up 1/2 a star. What kind of hate heat is that getting on all the websites, on theirs even?

Yes. A new head makes all the difference. The collar does suck, but that's all you'd need to switch out. Hell, just by snipping off the shoulder pads it would improve him a ton. He needs a waist piece, but the most offending part is the fucking bobblehead.

Dial-Tone's head was the only thing that separated him from being just like this fiasco. The weird shoulder pad, bad skin tone and weird tan holster strap were total eyesores. Even then though, the head sculpt saved the figure in my eyes.

Hellion42

Meat Shield
May 1, 2013
Side 7
the Club's laughable at best on a lot of their endeavors.

Can't argue with the Golden Tickets, though... $30,000 in free money just to make the snowflakes and scalpers feel a bit more snowflakier and scalperier. No services or product provided, just the opportunity to buy more and sit in the front row.

*waits for an apologist to come along and rationalize it away between rationalizing how others should foot the bill for their expensive vacation*

If Iceberg had the promised head? Would the figure be as horrible to you.

The "correct" head would be the correct head, which is good. It still wouldn't fix the crappy hips and blinding colors.

Dial-Tone's head was the only thing that separated him from being just like this fiasco. The weird shoulder pad, bad skin tone and weird tan holster strap were total eyesores. Even then though, the head sculpt saved the figure in my eyes.

DT's head was the most impressive bit, easy.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Yes. A new head makes all the difference. The collar does suck, but that's all you'd need to switch out. Hell, just by snipping off the shoulder pads it would improve him a ton. He needs a waist piece, but the most offending part is the fucking bobblehead.

I agree, Having a proper headsculpt is the hardest part of any figure and improves it. I guess I look at the pricetag for The Club to get him and think, at that cost, I shouldn't have to do any fixes. I also suffer from the won't customize a figure unless I have multiples disease.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I painted Zarana's mohawk pink and glued a holster onto her the day I got her. I don't mind modifying figures anymore. I want them to look fucking right, and if they're not, I fix 'em.

I agree, you shouldn't HAVE to, but I don't feel bad anymore for doing it.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I just think podcasts are as stupid as foursquare or twitter. I've got better things to do, like post on message boards! :D

I also think 4square is dumb as fuck too. Why the fuck would I want to "check in" everywhere I go so some dumb fuck can track me? Especially for me as I don't like to stick with 1 girl for very long.

Funny story:

I was at a party about 5 months ago and this chick had her beak buried in her phone more than usual. After a few hours of observing her from afar, I finally had to go ask her what her deal was. She informed me that her bf was out at a bachelor party and she was tracking him on 4square. She was concerned that on average he was at a each bar/club for about 60 minutes and he's now been at 1 club for over 3 hours.

I just stared at her in amazement before I finally just said "good luck with that" and then talked shit about her all night.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
People get robbed because they post that they're at work or a bar on Foursquare, then people tracking them break into their houses while they're gone. Usually patterns pop up fairly fast.

People are dumb, and also narcissistic. Why would anyone give two fucks where I am? I don't even give a fuck where I am half the time, and I'm the one that's there. :rolleyes:

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
I didn't even know what Foursquare was until you described it. I do use twitter, to talk to people's who's podcasts I listen to. If it wasn't for podcasts and audiobooks I would loose my mind with the amount of windshield time I log. I have only been doing the podcast thing about a year and I wouldn't want to ever go back. I am able to surround myself with things I enjoy and am interested in.

Krisk

Enlisted
Feb 17, 2012
Can't argue with the Golden Tickets, though... $30,000 in free money just to make the snowflakes and scalpers feel a bit more snowflakier and scalperier. No services or product provided, just the opportunity to buy more and sit in the front row.

*waits for an apologist to come along and rationalize it away between rationalizing how others should foot the bill for their expensive vacation*

not that I can speak for anyone but me.

This past Joecon, I got my first ever Golden Ticket, actually two. I used that and the sets, to get exclusives in the hands of over 20 collectors that other wise wouldnt have been able to get anything unless they hit EBay. Then that is a expensive gamble. Oh, and I got everything out for cost and shipping, hell in a few instances, some of the Texas guys got their stuff hand delivered.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I use Twitter like crazy. You have to if you're a MMA fan. Most importantly, I use Twitter for news and sports. I have 3 active twitter accounts including one that I use JUST for this site.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011

This past Joecon, I got my first ever Golden Ticket, actually two. I used that and the sets, to get exclusives in the hands of over 20 collectors that other wise wouldnt have been able to get anything unless they hit EBay. Then that is a expensive gamble. Oh, and I got everything out for cost and shipping, hell in a few instances, some of the Texas guys got their stuff hand delivered.

I can vouch for this^^

In fact I was one of the lucky chaps.

However, Krisk is the exception unfortunately. Several "true fans" get the golden ticket so they can scalp the con items on ebay and joe forums, and if they get "screwed" on the GT, they have a public meltdown over it.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Yeah, if you're doing that Krisk, then it's fine. I'm a person who goes to Cons to go to Cons. Not to fund my vacations on the backs of others who can't make it. I eat the cost of the trip, and get exclusives at cost for as many folks as I can.

I have yet to make a cent off anything that I charged. Folks usually throw in a little bit extra for the effort, and it's appreciated. I won't argue. But I'm not out to fund my trips like some folks seem to do, and then give excuse after excuse over how it's valid.

Krisk

Enlisted
Feb 17, 2012
I can vouch for this^^

In fact I was one of the lucky chaps.

However, Krisk is the exception unfortunately. Several "true fans" get the golden ticket so they can scalp the con items on ebay and joe forums, and if they get "screwed" on the GT, they have a public meltdown over it.

well thats just because I am the King shit when it comes to helping out my friends! hahaha

public meltdown...........my whomever could you be talking about? haha

Krisk

Enlisted
Feb 17, 2012
Yeah, if you're doing that Krisk, then it's fine. I'm a person who goes to Cons to go to Cons. Not to fund my vacations on the backs of others who can't make it. I eat the cost of the trip, and get exclusives at cost for as many folks as I can.

I have yet to make a cent off anything that I charged. Folks usually throw in a little bit extra for the effort, and it's appreciated. I won't argue. But I'm not out to fund my trips like some folks seem to do, and then give excuse after excuse over how it's valid.

that does get old, just tell everyone "hey guys, thanks for buying this stuff so I could afford to go to the Con." and be done with it! hahaha

Krisk

Enlisted
Feb 17, 2012
I had to ask my wife what foursquare is...........she explained it.....I said - Wow thats stupid......she said, yeah.

haha

Hellion42

Meat Shield
May 1, 2013
Side 7

Well, it's pretty obvious none of what I said applies to you.
It was directed at the class of folks that need to be constantly reassured that they're special, and those that need to resolve some cognitive dissonance by justifying their scalping with woe-is-my-vacation-bill. It's great that you bucked the trend and helped others. If the con is ever in Philly, I'd do the same for a short list of friends. If there's anything left over, I'll sell it for what I can get for it, or trade it for needs. What I won't do is pretend that any of it is owed to me just because I went to a convention and voluntarily spent money.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I had to ask my wife what foursquare is...........she explained it.....I said - Wow thats stupid......she said, yeah.

haha

hahaha. It does seem to be more popular with woman and of course kids. I've slain some young-ens that can't go anywhere without logging in. Very silly.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
...I also suffer from the won't customize a figure unless I have multiples disease.

I'm like that most of the time...i'll only do something that is reversible if I only have one...though on occasion, I have been able to say ef it, but it's not easy...

But I'm not out to fund my trips like some folks seem to do, and then give excuse after excuse over how it's valid.

It'd be an entirely different story if the cons weren't any fun..if you went and just had the most miserable time...

But what some people do would be like me going to Disney land and having a blast and then charging everyone out the a$$ for the souvenirs i picked up for them to cover my costs...how them people can live with themselves I'll never know...

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Just got in my 2 carded Icebergs. One was curled with a big crease down the back, but can be straightened, I guess.

The other one looked like this:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Yeah. I paid for the $1 bubblewrap yet again, too. The curled one was curled because they put the goddamned bagged one I bought against it, same as with Footloose, but wrapped the fucking bubble wrap too tightly, so it curled the card. The crease down the back looks like someone ran their fingernail down it. I'm still pissed about that one, though, since I guess it's my keeper.

I just emailed the fucking Club and sent that pic, but I ordered a replacement before they sell out. Although it's been half a week and the fucker's still up, so I doubt it'll sell out anytime soon. I guess I could sell it as an opener, but it's fucking worthless as a carded figure. I better get a refund.

I'm not sure I'm gonna do the stupid fucking FSS2.0 now, this pissed me so much. $10 shipping and that's what you get? Eat a dick, Club.

Edit: BTW, Eddie, the accordion-ed one is yours. ;)

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Haha!...I can't believe you guys continually put up with their sh!t...if it wasn't for my wonderful buddy Rex (;)), I'd be short a ton of stuff they hock...i just could NOT tolerate their horrible HORRIBLE business practices... that's a stress that I would deem too much for my life...

Hellion42

Meat Shield
May 1, 2013
Side 7
Just got in my 2 carded Icebergs. One was curled with a big crease down the back, but can be straightened, I guess.

The other one looked like this:

If they don't want to play ball, call your credit card company. And mention that you will be doing this before hanging up the phone.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Got an email back, sounds like if I mail it back, they'll resend a replacement. Better than nothing, I guess, but who's to say that the next one won't come crammed into a tiny box again... Also, kind of shitty I have to pay to ship the fucking thing back when it wasn't my fault to begin with.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
They should replace it without you sending it back and let you keep the destroyed card.

Also, did u post that on hissytank? I would like to see the apologists defend the club's outrageous shipping charges and actions on that one.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
They should replace it without you sending it back and let you keep the destroyed card.

Also, did u post that on hissytank? I would like to see the apologists defend the club's outrageous shipping charges and actions on that one.

Yeah, they were surprisingly mad. Even one dude called out the "apologists" too, haha. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I agree. The crushed carded one is worthless except as an opener, and on second inspection I realized that the bubble had scraped off some of the paint on the backpack, so even as a figure, it'd need some work. Basically, fodder at best (although let's face it... that's all the figure was to begin with).

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Step 1. Take the fig out of the package...keep it...smash bubble a bit

Step 2. Take a couple accessories out and just throw them in the box loose

Step 3. Smash the box it's being returned in a bit...maybe there's a small whole in it the figure could've possible slipped out of

see how they like it...a$$holes...and don't for a second feel guilty about it...they are making YOU pay to ship it back?!...F*@#. Off. "The Club".

Get that thing insured and delivery confirmation...they are the kinda d!cks to say "sorry, we never got it :("