JOE 2 the movie

cold slither

Hair Farmer
Mar 14, 2011
Atlantic City, NJ
Sorry I asked.
But like you said... It really couldn't get worse than Rise of Cobra.... and this guy seems like a genuine fan. Now hopefully he can turn his love for GI Joe into a decent flick.

Freedom

Solo Operative
Eh...I liked what he had to say. He seems to understand that there is some depth to G.I.Joe and not just a lame action flick. Being new, he'll try harder. He probably doesn't have a Sommers-sized ego and won't try to cram his failed movie ideas into the movie. I just wish they would have recast Duke. Hopefully, Tanning Chaitum took some acting lessons between movies.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That would be awesome. Especially if it's a snake-spear that does the work.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
if by reboot, you mean do this to every script that comes across any desk, then yes

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
GI Joe 2: The Cobra Strikes Back!!!!

followed closely by....

GI Joe 3: Return of The Joeses

Freedom

Solo Operative
Dude burned his Joes as a kid...What a douche...

"G.I.Joe 2: Cobra Strikes"

Meh...

That chicken F'er Tanning Chaitum is still in it. At the very least any scene with him in them will suck, so no matter what, half the movie will suck.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Meh, after reading the Q&A, I'm still not all that jazzed about it. Way too much riffing and worrying about what his friends want to see. He should be worrying about the Joe fanbase and being true to the genre. Let's hope that is what he was trying to say...

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
has Channing Tatum gone to acting school yet? I heard he wasn't the worst thing ever in Legion. was he not?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
apparently a$$loads of ninja action...yay...:rolleyes:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=79166

Lorenzo di Bonaventura on G.I. Joe 2

Source: MTV
June 30, 2011

MTV has posted an interview with producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura in which he talks more about G.I. Joe 2.

He told the site that Dwayne "TheRock " Johnson's character Roadblock is a "full-on lead role... In a way, he and Snake Eyes, their stories are really dynamic and very important."

Di Bonaventura added that "The ninja fans are going to love it. There's a tremendous amount of it. What's interesting is, we both have that going on in the Snake Eyes story, but we've found a way to bring that element into the Joes' story. I think anybody who's a fan of dark, in the middle of the night [action with] a dangerous foe arriving, this is a movie for you."

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The last time ninjas were cool Michael Dudikoff was still getting acting gigs.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Well considering how many ninja's are currently serving I feel that this is the direction GI Joe needs to go. We don't need anything that has fatigues or weapons that don't shoot lazers. We need ninjas and dancing!