JOE 2 the movie

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
I could have sworn a staple of the sequel was the systematic removal of all the assholes from ROC, yet Obamanista extraordinaire Bonaventura is speaking from a seemingly important role in the management of this film. I foresee a lot of the same sewage that ruined ROC as long as dreck like Bonaventura are in charge.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
All this talk about martial arts is going to make Eddie want to go do some karate in the garage.

xhairs

odd man out !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 15, 2011
blasdell ny
photobucket.com
ComingSoon.net has just reported that the release date for the G.I. Joe movie sequel, being referred to as Retaliation, will open on June 29th, 2012. ComingSoon.net has also gone on to say that they have confirmed that no official title has been chosen for the film.

It was also stated that the Star Trek sequel being directed by JJ Abrams (also a Paramount movie like the G.I. Joe sequel) was originally supposed to open at the June 29th slot but will now be pushed back to the 2012 Holiday or even Summer of 2013, and the vacant slot was given to the G.I. Joe sequel directed by Jon M. Chu.

If the news is accurate, this puts the sequel less than a year a way from fans of the franchise

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
That makes the 30th line spring 2012 not likely. So they are either going to come out early or not at all.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm not ready to write off the movie figures yet, as I ended up with quite a bit of the RoC stuff.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I don't think they'll toss all of the figures that they've shown for the 30th Anniversary line (which for whatever reason they decided to start off with the worse figures out of the lineup). They said that Kwinn would most definitely be coming out at some point and he wasn't even shown at SDCC. If anything, they'll release Airtight, Lifeline, Sci-Fi, Techno-Viper, etc... as some kind of exclusives before tossing them completely aside.

If Hasbro doesn't release them, there will be nerd rage like something fierce.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I should feel sorry for you, stuck in the '80s with some of the worst Joe designs.

SNAP!

I agree though, while some of the ROC figures were garbage (Most of the blue pajama figures IMO), a lot were pretty cool. Desert Duke is a universal army builder, and the arms/torso are great for customs.

For those who like-a the ladies, you got lots of female bodies to use for customs (Moreso than the 25th line).

The Koopa vipers were pretty terrible, no denying that, but FLASH was cool, the TRU Firefly was kinda nice, the PIT Commando was great.. etc.

You need to take off your h8ter blinders once and a while man..

Look at what we were getting before ROC.. the last 25th wave was so-so, the 7-pack figures were decidedly mediocre.. then ROC came out, they advanced the DESIGN of the figures a lot, and we got great POC figures after that. We got great POC figures for a line without anything backing it.. I have hope that the movie figures will progress further than the POC stuff even (Since they have $$$ to burn).

Will there be crap figures.. probably, no, of course there will, but I think there will be some great custom fodder, and maybe even some good army builders.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The blue pajama figures' only problem is the numbnuts that made the costumes blue.

Though i agree, 95% of the Cobra figures sucked, including all the movie Vipers.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
True.. the green camo ones that come out with the same design would have been much better as NATO forces.

I liked the new EEL, the Elite-viper was decent.. a few others, the Dr figure was cool for the coat.

Mostly parts I suppose, new headsculpts were nice as well, but the figures were built so much better (moving parts, kneeling ability, real-world size perspective (no skinny ass Duke legs!)).

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Well it's already a well-known fact that i was a fan of the RoC Destro. The second Baroness body was fairly good. I think that' all i ended up taking from Cobra's side.

R/PoC CC was good for suit parts, there's just not a good torso to go with them, and i really like the PoC CC head, though i haven't found the right use for it, yet.

xhairs

Mar 15, 2011
blasdell ny
photobucket.com
this ^ all that amzing stuff is getting the shaft for more horrible movie garbage...

Joe movies will be the D3F 0f D@ l!nEE333!!!, not the toys

nice lol.

SNAP!

I agree though, while some of the ROC figures were garbage (Most of the blue pajama figures IMO), a lot were pretty cool. Desert Duke is a universal army builder, and the arms/torso are great for customs.

For those who like-a the ladies, you got lots of female bodies to use for customs (Moreso than the 25th line).

The Koopa vipers were pretty terrible, no denying that, but FLASH was cool, the TRU Firefly was kinda nice, the PIT Commando was great.. etc.

You need to take off your h8ter blinders once and a while man..

Look at what we were getting before ROC.. the last 25th wave was so-so, the 7-pack figures were decidedly mediocre.. then ROC came out, they advanced the DESIGN of the figures a lot, and we got great POC figures after that. We got great POC figures for a line without anything backing it.. I have hope that the movie figures will progress further than the POC stuff even (Since they have $$$ to burn).

Will there be crap figures.. probably, no, of course there will, but I think there will be some great custom fodder, and maybe even some good army builders.

for ladies the roc line had the less then 25th/res. the only dif is we got a new one helix. there was 6 chicks in the roc line now for the 25th and res we got 12 so how did we get more chick in roc then the 25th and res lines?

Also you cant lump in poc with roc as they changed the DESIGN of the figures from roc to poc they where 2 dif lines after the first wave of poc so you can lump in wave 1 & maybe 2 in poc but the rest where very dif from them. POc was way better then roc for the most part.

the 25th had the most figs in a long time and lasted over 2yrs roc a yr and poc less then a yr.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Now you're lumping in resolute with the 25th? They were as different as the movie figures. That line lasted the shortest of all.

The roc female figures gave you variety in molds, from the baroness to helix to covergirl to the reactive armor Scarlett etc. Like you said, the roc line only lasted a year and we got so many NEW molds. That seems pretty good to me.

I did not lump in poc and roc, I said the poc figures design changed, aka evolved due to the way they designed the movie figures. As designers I have to feel they are always learning new ways to do things, new techniques etc. Look back at the 25th figures and tell me they are in any way superior in construction to the roc figures, and I'll know without a doubt you've got arah blinders on.

The 25th was great, made a lot of people happy.. But move on man. Change is good. If everyone was as stuck in the mud, we'd still have damn o-ring figures. Give the designers a chance to innovate and expand.. I can't imagine how tiring it'd be working on the same tired designs over and over again because people can't expand their thinking.

I just don't get it. For example, people bitch because the data viper is canceled, but if anything the data viper looked like something we'd see from a movie line, far removed from arah. But if it had been part of the movie line, the h8ters would be cheering that it was canceled because it would be tainted by the movie or some nonsense.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
From a customizer standpoint I think the evolution of the line has been immense since the 25th. I love the 25th characters but think the ROC figures were a better build and had more to offer, did I like all the characters in ROC no. I look at ROC as the stepping stone for the greatness we have been getting in POC. I personally don't feel we would have the greatness that is POC without ROC. Which makes me super excited for the next movie figures. Will I like them all, probably not, but i do think they will evolve again.
Just my 2 cents. I am not a ROC figures hater though. I still love alot of the figures we got and glad we got them.

xhairs

Mar 15, 2011
blasdell ny
photobucket.com
Now you're lumping in resolute with the 25th? They were as different as the movie figures. That line lasted the shortest of all.

The roc female figures gave you variety in molds, from the baroness to helix to covergirl to the reactive armor Scarlett etc. Like you said, the roc line only lasted a year and we got so many NEW molds. That seems pretty good to me.

I did not lump in poc and roc, I said the poc figures design changed, aka evolved due to the way they designed the movie figures. As designers I have to feel they are always learning new ways to do things, new techniques etc. Look back at the 25th figures and tell me they are in any way superior in construction to the roc figures, and I'll know without a doubt you've got arah blinders on.

The 25th was great, made a lot of people happy.. But move on man. Change is good. If everyone was as stuck in the mud, we'd still have damn o-ring figures. Give the designers a chance to innovate and expand.. I can't imagine how tiring it'd be working on the same tired designs over and over again because people can't expand their thinking.

I just don't get it. For example, people bitch because the data viper is canceled, but if anything the data viper looked like something we'd see from a movie line, far removed from arah. But if it had been part of the movie line, the h8ters would be cheering that it was canceled because it would be tainted by the movie or some nonsense.

ok for new molds well the 25th was the start of new molds yes the where the classic look but they where new molds. also even if you cut out res 25th still had 9 chick molds. also the 30anny line is made form mostly poc parts so your hating the classic makes no sense they are updated molds with classic look there is a dif. res was short lived due to roc. as they thought roc was the be all win all and it wasnt.

also the designers hated working on roc they hated the molds and the looks. right from there mouths when we talked to them. they where forced to make them. thats why we got things like helix, flash, and gung ho. i love how you think we are stuck in the past but we are not the reason (well me) like the 30anny line and love the res line is that they where updated look of the classics. look at SE,LL ,stalker, sci fi, life line and the rest of the line. they are awsome updates to the classic look yet look modern.

the 25th molds are out dated now. the thing is alot of ppl got back in to joe cuse of them and left/ cut back on buying the line cuse of roc there have been tons of polls to show this. its not that we dont want change we do but it would be nice to be able to tell who they are by just looking not having to be told like POC hawk.

also your looking this at a customizer view point so can i but i look at it a collector first. hawk is not hawk but it is a good fodder for a army builder with a easy head swap. or roc duke that you spoke of. you said what a good mold it is not that it was a good duke.

so you look at things dif well hasbro looks at it from a collectors stand point and thats why we get so many dam dukes , destros & so on.ur looking at molds not the charters LL and the classic SE where great molds for parts and as who they where made to be. so why cant we get both and make it easy for all of us. there is what 4 a wave now? so 2 and 2. 2 classic looks and 2 new updates.

also why i put res with 25th is easy they where updated classics with almost the same molds.

so what is the real prob is it cuse you hate the look or the molds as the 30 anny uses mostly poc parts? and no i dont have my blinders on. i can see the line for what it is i loved some of the poc stuff that wasnt classic looking and some i hated that where classic looking cuse of the bad molds used ie crazy legs.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I really don't care what lines people like. I just buy what I like. It just happens that 95% of what I like is 25th/classics/arah.

CAPT. GRID-IRON

SerpentorsLair Commander
Jul 25, 2011
serpentorslair.info
I am guessing its a safe bet that the most sought after figures from the 30th anniversary line may hit the chopping block thanks to the release date for G.I.Joe 2 being moved all the way up to June 29th. I have to say i am pretty concerned we won't see Techno viper, or Sci-fi at retail, and if we do they will be very sparse.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I am guessing its a safe bet that the most sought after figures from the 30th anniversary line may hit the chopping block thanks to the release date for G.I.Joe 2 being moved all the way up to June 29th. I have to say i am pretty concerned we won't see Techno viper, or Sci-fi at retail, and if we do they will be very sparse.

That's what I'm afraid of too. I'm thinking the 30th line might get cut real short and be dumped into 7 packs

CAPT. GRID-IRON

SerpentorsLair Commander
Jul 25, 2011
serpentorslair.info
if we are lucky 7 packs. As long as i am assured that i will get those characters i am fine, even though i would prefer single cards, its better than them just being canned.

xhairs

Mar 15, 2011
blasdell ny
photobucket.com
That's what I'm afraid of too. I'm thinking the 30th line might get cut real short and be dumped into 7 packs

me to after what happen with roc and how they cut off the 25th and we had a dry spell till the movie toys hit. its funny not really but they pushed the 30anny line up a yr so this wouldn't happen and now it will so it will get cut short. they might do the 7packs or if they where smart put it on HTS lol.

this is why i say they take 2 steps forward and 10 steps back. time will tell as they now need to work on both lines at the same time to make sure the movie toys make it out a week to a mo before the movie hits . so if they where smart they would just do both lines at the same time. witch they wont so that means that the 30th line will get cut for the movie witch sucks for us long time fans.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Don't expect 7 packs. They don't perform like Hasbro wants. Expect them to get dumped to a discount store.

Here's how it seems to work, or at least how it was explained from the GIJCC. Look at the ROC Commander that is a pre order. They will get whatever the amount ordered is and then if there are extra they get destroyed. Now destroyed could end up and viperkingdom or somewhere on e bay but not here in 'Merica.

I'm willing to bet it's the same with most of the stuff. Product probably gets offered to different outlets and then if nobody takes it off to e bay, I mean a land fill. There may be a small run of 30th stuff but who knows? It already got pushed back so it's a bleek situation. Only hope is that they can talk the retailers into buying saying it will tie into the movie. If we think distribution is spotty now, just wait.

As for the movie, I still won't see it. I don't care if they give the tickets away.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Like Cap said, I really don't care how they show up. I just want them. I don't collect MOC anymore so however they get to me is fine by me.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Don't expect 7 packs. They don't perform like Hasbro wants. Expect them to get dumped to a discount store.

Here's how it seems to work, or at least how it was explained from the GIJCC. Look at the ROC Commander that is a pre order. They will get whatever the amount ordered is and then if there are extra they get destroyed. Now destroyed could end up and viperkingdom or somewhere on e bay but not here in 'Merica.

I'm willing to bet it's the same with most of the stuff. Product probably gets offered to different outlets and then if nobody takes it off to e bay, I mean a land fill. There may be a small run of 30th stuff but who knows? It already got pushed back so it's a bleek situation. Only hope is that they can talk the retailers into buying saying it will tie into the movie. If we think distribution is spotty now, just wait.

As for the movie, I still won't see it. I don't care if they give the tickets away.

I was more thinking about the res and aoci figures. They were all pretty much already produced. The line just got put on "hiatus" for RoC. So they dumped them into 7 packs. I assume that they are producing the 30th figs right now. Now if they don't get time to even began to put onto cards and put into waves, they will just get shelved and I think they will come out in 7 packs later as a "treat" to fans.

Basically an exact replay of the last movie line situation.

xhairs

Mar 15, 2011
blasdell ny
photobucket.com
you guys know GIJCC (the club) is not part of hasbro so maybe thats how they work but the club is not hasbro nor is hasbro the club. so not sure but the 30 line will come out as it is the 30 anny line and the figs are already in production as they work on them a yr before we see them well most of the time.

what the club is and does is on there own and are allowed to use hasbros molds but have to make the fig on there own they dont have the use of there machines or sculptors. they also have to get the green light from hasbro before they do anything.

they are like any other online shop that makes stuff on there own ie MJ guns ,slayers casts and so on. they only thing the club has over them is that hasbro gives them a little more help then others and get to use there names and molds thats it.

they dont get paid by hasbro or know whats coming out and whats not. so to say the club said is kind of bold as they are not hasbro.

Last edited:

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
If you are lucky, yes. It would be great if they put them in 7 packs because then we could about guarantee they go to ROSS. I don't know if any places will want to pick them up with how they really did not perform up to expectation. If I was a business I'd really think hard about it because most of them have been put on clearance.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
The club is not Hasbro but they deal with them directly. They have to get the ok from Hasbro to make figures so they work with them fairly close I think it's safe to say.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
If you are lucky, yes. It would be great if they put them in 7 packs because then we could about guarantee they go to ROSS. I don't know if any places will want to pick them up with how they really did not perform up to expectation. If I was a business I'd really think hard about it because most of them have been put on clearance.

you could say the exact same thing about the Joe2 movie line

xhairs

Mar 15, 2011
blasdell ny
photobucket.com
The club is not Hasbro but they deal with them directly. They have to get the ok from Hasbro to make figures so they work with them fairly close I think it's safe to say.

they do for stuff the club needs not to the inner workings of how hasbro does stuff. or what they are planing to do and what they are putting out. if that was the case the club would of had the SDCC stuff but they didn't. so right there shows they are just a store like the rest of the ppl out there just cuse they get ok for making things and have the ok to use there molds. doesn't mean they know whats coming only thing they might know is who they cant use and it might show up at some point.

if they really wanted the dataviper out they would of just gone to the club to get it out and they didnt. so i wouldnt put to much stock in what they say as they are out to make money just like hasbro. they run it out of a shop that they own not hasbro.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
you could say the exact same thing about the Joe2 movie line

I guess it depends on the production numbers. I'm curious if they may have picked some actors that may be better know to kids so product will sell better? Last time they really didn't have any names that did something that a kid could associate with. Hell, all Rachel Nichols really ever did was get undressed. She had the acting presence of a fucking rock just like anything else I've seen her in. Great eye candy but a kid doesn't know her that much.