JOE 2 the movie

xhairs

odd man out !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 15, 2011
blasdell ny
photobucket.com
Lorenzo di Bonaventura Is Saying Goodbye? G. I. Joe 2 Preproduction On A Rocky Start
Hollywood Reporter has foundout that producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura, who produced all three Transformers Live Action Movies and the G. I. Joe: The Rise Of Cobra is leaving Paramount due to a dispute regarding the new Director of G. I. Joe 2.

"Di Bonaventura, one of Hollywood's top producers, is said to have objected when Paramount insisted on installing Jon M. Chu (Justin Bieber: Never Say Never), who lacks action experience, as director."

Mr. Bonaventura is one of the aces in the movie business and an all-around nice guy, maintaining contact with fans.

It will definitely be a blow to the upcoming Rise Of Cobra sequel.

"The friction with di Bonaventura comes at a time when many producers--even those at the top of the A list--are finding the business increasingly difficult to navigate. Even the future of long-standing relationships--such as Jerry Bruckheimer's with Disney--is not clear.".

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I can tell that's a copy and paste. It's spelled right. :D

Is it deth of teh line yet?

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
No need to yell!

I'll be interested to see what developments come in the next few months. That will tell the health of the line pretty much.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Soooo, Jon M. Chu hasn't done an action film ever.. This is going to be ok guys right.. right? I mean it's a first time for everbody...

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Wow. Joe really is Hasblow's step child these days. Xfmrs gets Michael frikkin' Bay and Joe gets a guy looking to pop his cherry after Justin Bieber. Wow.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
welll, I have no hope for this new movie. hopefully it won't be made.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
let me start off by stating what i've always held fast too...Joe 2 will NEVER happen...

that being said, its funny that someone involved with the disaster that was RoC thinks this new guy is such a bad choice, that they are willing to walk away...that really says a lot

CoBrAtHeEnEmY!

its for your own good
Mar 14, 2011
here
i dont think it could be any worse than roc , honestly the more ppl i see from roc drop out of this one allready makes me think it might be better the more of them that leave the better the chaces are for a fuckin reboot, hell id prefer if their was no joe movie over roc 2 ive sceen better movies on the sifi channel

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
i'd be happy if EVERY single person involved in RoC left and they started fresh...but honestly, i don't think we'll see another Joe movie ever, not a sequel OR a reboot...its a dead property...they have no f***ing clue what to do with it...not with the movie, the toys or the toons...the comics seem to be the only thing they are doing something with...

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
i'd be happy if EVERY single person involved in RoC left and they started fresh...but honestly, i don't think we'll see another Joe movie ever, not a sequel OR a reboot...its a dead property...they have no f***ing clue what to do with it...not with the movie, the toys or the toons...the comics seem to be the only thing they are doing something with...

Hater. You're not a true fan. You should accept and buy everything that is thrown at you. Because of people like you the line won't make it. :D

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
lol...i do want a lot, almost all of what was shown at JoeCon...i'd better hop on board Joe2 if i have any hope of seeing it hit retail :rolleyes:

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I'm waiting for Taintum to do the chicken dance to evade cobra troops. That or there will be a well choreographed electric slide when they all get captured. "boogie-woogie-woogie"

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
i fully expect to see some "pop n' lock"...its all the rage i hear...seriously, some 50 yr old STRAIGHT family man at my work was telling me about it...he watches Dancing with the Stars...

i'm so proud of where our culture has gone :(

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
i fully expect to see some "pop n' lock"...its all the rage i hear...seriously, some 50 yr old STRAIGHT family man at my work was telling me about it...he watches Dancing with the Stars...

i'm so proud of where our culture has gone :(

What is this, 1983?

Now there's a thought. G.I. Joe II: Electric Boogaloo.

loadedtomcat

Magnificent Bastard
Mar 18, 2011
I'd say they just quit, wait a few years, and reboot. Just some of my ideas:

- A history of the unit, Joeseph Colton as a Green Beret, Kennedy, even the adventure team
- A more realistic tone, but not too serious. Think Resolute.
- More Joes but a tad less cartoony. Shipwreck looks like a SEAL, not one of the Village People, Gung Ho is Marine Recon, Snake Eyes doesn't have a mouth, and everyone else be recast.
- Cobra Commander doesn't have a fishbowl for a head
- The Joes are American
- They wear real camo schemes and not that baby blue monstrosity.
-Ray Park is still Snake Eyes
- Real world conflicts are orchistrated by Cobra Commander as part of a New World order.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
its gonna be a disaster is whats it going to be...

when the Zombieland guys were announced to write it, i actually had hope...then, with every new bit of info, it just got worse and worse

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
http://www.thedeadbolt.com/news/110676/jon_chu_the_lxd_justin_bieber_gi_joe_2.php

THE DEADBOLT: With G.I. Joe 2, how will you approach it to maximize the potential of that project?

CHU: Well, for Joe, I grew up playing with G.I. Joes and watching Joe and reading the comics of Joe. It means so much to me. To me, it’s one of the few brands that has a soul, a multi-generational soul, where it’s about what it means to be a leader in the community, in your home, with your friends, and what it means to be a leader and a hero. I think that’s an important message right now in the world when everyone’s kind of questioning what it means to be the leader of the world.
I think it’s not just another action movie. Maybe the first one was that, but we’re really trying to break it down and take the shine off and show that my Joes were the ones in the mud, the sand and the trees and in the epic worldwide adventures. Each one had individual talents. So we really want to bring the experience of what I grew up with playing with these toys. What it feels like so that kids now can be reintroduced to the Joes and experience it in a different way. This is like down and dirty Joe for me.

THE DEADBOLT: I also have a G.I. Joe question as related to LXD. I’ve been reading online that some people think that because you have a dance background, you won’t be able to handle the action. But given how you handled certain action in LXD in such a unique manner, that kind of goes against what they think. How do you see it?

CHU: I mean, I can’t ever change what people think. Throughout my whole life it’s been, “Oh, how can this guy who’s not a dancer do a dance movie? How can this guy who has never done a movie do a movie? How can this guy who has never done 3D do a 3D dance movie? Isn’t that cheeseball? How can this guy who has never done a documentary do a documentary? How can a Justin Bieber concert movie not be a concert movie? And how can it actually be successful when Jonas and all of those others have fallen?â€￾ Every step of the way, it’s always been that. But even the message in Never Say Never is [how] we like to be the underdog. It gives us something to work for.
To me, I hope it’s always like this in my life to where I always need to be pushed, because it always makes me better. But yeah, I’ve worked with choreographers before and of course it’s very different. It’s dance and dance has a rhythm. Dance has a movement and all of this stuff. But what I love is that movement can tell stories, whether it’s John Wayne on the porch leaning against that pole or Cyd Charisse taking off her jacket. Any movement can communicate what a paragraph can never communicate. Movement is a big part of visual story telling.
In action, obviously it’s different, you’re doing a bunch of stuff. But the best action is action that’s telling your story, action that’s actually evolving your character. To me, I have a big challenge ahead of me. I want to do a really kick-ass movie, action that’s fun, big, crazy. But at the same time, at it’s core, the action is telling an emotional story about our heroes. I think that my experience with LXD and the experiments of LXD only help prepare me for the mini-things I want to tell within the action.
Have people really seen LXD? I don’t know. That’s why I’m excited for the DVD to come out so a lot more people can be exposed to it. But I just let my work speak for itself. When it comes out, I hope people enjoy it as much as I’ve enjoyed creating the stuff, because it’s really, really fun. That’s all movies are about really. For me, it is to be able to experience a story - a fantasy with a group of friends, your family, a date - and go home and talk about it and let it inform your life and bring joy to your life. I think that’s what all of my projects have in common, that they try to do that.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
He can't do any worse than Sommers.

It's not like they hired Uwe Boll.