Joe Con 2012

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Damn, looks like they were pondering a fully thought-out zombie story.

And I would have bought that skeletal ninja, too. That's something straight out of L5R

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
The dio shots are pretty sweet...now I want to make a mountain side dio...Bet Marauder John is happy to see his clear stands being used by Hasbro!

Damn, looks like they were pondering a fully thought-out zombie story.

And I would have bought that skeletal ninja, too. That's something straight out of L5R

Those Zombies were badass. Too bad Hasbro didn't jump on that bandwagon hard.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
That Lady Jay was nice. There was a good amount of winners in there.

Did I see basically an entire Zombie line? Man, if only!

The dude with the hockey mask was interesting. That whole group had some neat concepts. Sucks that the line has to cater to a beat movie and people wanting less gear to make it ARAH accurate. :rolleyes:

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
That Steel Wolf looks too cool to never be made

I knew I shouldn't have looked at the concepts. 90% of those figs I love.

Last edited:

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Kwinn? There were zombies damn it!!! Effin' zombies!! Even Cobra Commander got it!

I will say, that does put a damper on possibly seeing him soon. Maybe an exclusive next year since they blew their stack on the no movie this year? I doubt he's dead in the water because that may lead some to domestic abuse.

The concepts are the coolest thing there that I see so far. The dios are nice too. Just a shame they have to have sub par movie figures in there. Besides the ninja dio, the others would have looked awesome with a bunch of POC and even some 30th.

You know, I don't see a Data Viper in those concepts. Just sayin'. :D Unless I missed it.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Damn, I would have bought that PoC Lady Jaye.

Yeah, lotta stuff I would've bought in there. I wonder if they leave all the stinkers at home, or if it's really all of the cool stuff getting cancelled?

Kwinn? There were zombies damn it!!! Effin' zombies!! Even Cobra Commander got it!

Something for everyone. :proposetoast:

That APC looking thing is niiiiice.

xhairs

odd man out !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 15, 2011
blasdell ny
photobucket.com
wow seeing all the poc canned shit i would of been so in debt!!!!!!! that shit should of made it out instead of alot of the crap that is coming out. now i could care less way to go hasblow by cheapening out on us with the movie toys.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011

I will say, that does put a damper on possibly seeing him soon. Maybe an exclusive next year since they blew their stack on the no movie this year? I doubt he's dead in the water because that may lead some to domestic abuse.

The concepts are the coolest thing there that I see so far. The dios are nice too. Just a shame they have to have sub par movie figures in there. Besides the ninja dio, the others would have looked awesome with a bunch of POC and even some 30th.

You know, I don't see a Data Viper in those concepts. Just sayin'. :D Unless I missed it.

Data Viper's in there

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Yeah, lotta stuff I would've bought in there. I wonder if they leave all the stinkers at home, or if it's really all of the cool stuff getting cancelled?

Something for everyone. :proposetoast:

That APC looking thing is niiiiice.

I Hope the reason they're showing these is to gauge fan reaction to some of these designs to see where they should go post retaliation, since they have a very limited offering in comparison to RoC

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Seriously though. How do some of these concepts not get put into production? Most of these are kickass!

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Yeah, there's stuff there I'd have bought the hell out of. I'd even re-buy all of those characters I already have as zombies.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Kwinn will be next year's SDCC exclusive. I would almost bet one of my Hueys on it.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, there's stuff there I'd have bought the hell out of. I'd even re-buy all of those characters I already have as zombies.

Yea dude! All of those 30th anny figs I would have bought. The rest of the concepts I would have bought a good 80% of. What a waste.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
To be honest, there's a few repaints that were probably axed in favor of the versions we got. There were about 4 different Steel Brigades in there.

One of them looks like they took 5 minutes to paint the helmet gold, slapped some Testors green paint on the vest and put it all on a Cobra Trooper buck. Pass-and-a-half on that.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Seriously though. How do some of these concepts not get put into production? Most of these are kickass!

Probably because they have to cater to a stupid ass movie. They would also have to figure a way to bring attention to the characters so maybe comics since they can't seem to pull it together for a cartoon.

Take the zombies for instance. You'd really have to introduce them somehow in order to get more attention and possible fan fare. Same with some of those other characters. Problem is, I'm sure some of the GI Joe lure would have to be changed to do so since some characters are newer. It can go either way then. It would highly depend on how well they executed it and got it mainstream. Plus, you have to get it aimed at kids somehow. That's the tough part.

All I know is piss on this retaliation line. The majority of those figures they had shown as concepts are awesome updates. Yes, they don't have neon suits and one accessory but the execution of some of them is really well done. Those would be worthy of at least $10 in my opinion.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Someone deserves to have their ass beat greenlighting Snowbunny Destro over some of that other shit.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm gonna throw Hadji Disguise Stormshadow and Do the Twist Snake Eyes to the of "WTF was managment thinking?' list.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
To be fair to those shitty figures though, Most of these concepts are during the 30th Anniversary/Renegades line era

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm trying to think of a real stinker in the 30th.....

And other than some of the Renegades stuff there isn't any. I'm not particularly a fan of the T-V, but it's not Hadji Disguise SS bad.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
How'd he get it? Told some mouth-breather to go eat a dick?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hi-res pics of the zombies are up. As expected they're mostly what people are already doing, Z-V arms on a different body. The heads seemed to be mostly new.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I guess he disappeared late in the night--- like 4am. Than he showed up at the Hotel in the early morning around 8am. Had a concussion and had been to the hospital LOL

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Look at there, they prototyped the Renegades Coyote. And it be little!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The Zombie ST really isn't a loss. Someone did a zombie ST head and Jesse cast it, so it's really not hard to get the basic idea in your own home.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Man, I would have bought all of those 30th anny figs except the faggy data viper and some of those awful looking steel brigade figs. I'm bummed out now.