Joe Con 2012

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
No pics of the as-yet-to-be-seen figures yet, but the boxed set pics are shown.

Annihilator 3-pack (3x same figure?)
IG "Ground Assault" 2-pack (?)
OG "Attack Helicopter" (?)
Cobra Stealth Paratrooper (?)
Soviet Convoy Truck (with 3 [different?] tops) - (IJ truck repaint?)

500 footloose carded (pretty straight-forward, I'd say)

Apparently the "At-the-convention" exclusive is Darklon (pic TBD)... Is this some new nonsense they've started? I thought they already had half a dozen or more "At-the-convention-only" figure exclusives? Anyways, seems to be remotely interesting, although he's not a figure I'm willing to shell out big bucks for.

There's a 3-pack of Annihilators (pic TBD)... I'm assuming from the comic shots shown, that it will be a 3-pack of the same Annihilator? I'd love to get just one. I guess they did a 3-pack for troop-building ease? Which is a smart idea for once, if that's the case.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
From the comic pics, I'm assuming the 3-pack is right, being a troop-builder set of 3x the same guy.

The chopper, looks to be a repainted ROC Dragonhawk in Soviet markings. There's also a motorcycle with sidecar that looks nice, I'm not familiar with the mold but it looks decent.

I've gotta say, I'm impressed with the pics of the final production OGs. I'll happily do a review as soon as my boxed set arrives (whenever that is.)

And if the comic is right, like I said, Darklon's in it, and Dragonsky seems a likely candidate to appear somewhere as a figure.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
It's the Snarler Cycle, apparently? I'll give it to HT, they had someone do some damn fast photos! Haha. Horrorshow's vest/skirt thing still looks terrible, but besides that, the OGs look great.

If they do Dragonsky and another OG, I may bite for them. Not sure about Darklon. Darklon, from comic pics, seems to be a repainted POC Firefly with a new Darklon head, and some webgear I can't make out. Folks are whispering rumors of Darklon being in a 2-pack with Metal-Head, who could also be made from that Firefly body, with a new head.

What a low-rent game of "Telephone" coverage this is? LOL

Yes, we're half-assed at coverage here since we're not a true Joe fan site. :D

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Apparently the amount of carded Footloose figures taken to the show is limited to 500, because it's a CLUB exclusive rather than a CON exclusive and they wanted to have some left over to sell in the Club Store.

That's refreshing news, and at least it's consistent for everyone who complained that they have a Club membership and can't get the Con exclusives. Let's just hope they have a decent supply for in the store.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Hmm. I wondered why the lower count. That's smart, for once. Maybe they are learning. I definitely want one still, and it's not fair for something like that to be a con exclusive considering the sheer amount of actual con exclusives they already have that will reach insane prices by day's end.

MMorelock66

Isn't a Gijoe fan
Apr 4, 2012
the land of Virginia
I want a damn footloose. But unfortunately not only am I not going to joecon (I don't plan on EVER going) also I'm not a member of the club. Does anyone have a set price on just FL? If he's not too much I might try to get someone to pick him up for me.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
You'll do better to look for a loose Club one. The carded ones will go for $200 or more, if the loose ones won't. They're not worth that, but it's what the dipshit secondary market has turned it into.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Now darklon is a figure i would want too, darn. Lots of stuff there i will never get. maybe someone eventually will give Jesse the Darklon and OG guys heads to cast.

Jesse is there, and I'm pretty certain he intends to at least cast the head sculpts.

So I'll get my Daina, Horror Show and Dr. Benton Quest heads and not have to deal with any of the tomfoolery.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Thank goodness for the SDS Daina helmeted head. The sculpt on this one is nice, but it looks retarded with the helmet.

"It's like sputnik. Spherical, but quite pointy in parts!" -who said it & what movie for bonus points...

What is "So I married an axe murderer?"

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
"It's like sputnik. Spherical, but quite pointy in parts!" -who said it & what movie for bonus points...

Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer". Love that movie. :thumbsup:

"Now he's going to go cry himself to sleep on his HUGE pillow."

EDIT: Beaten to the punch!

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
After seeing all the pictures of the figures, I have to say I'm unimpressed, and glad I'm not wasting the money on them. I'll wait till someone casts the heads for some, like KT said.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Who the fuck is Sergeant Major?

I actually don't want the Annihilators now. Poorly kit-bashed figure. Sure, they had the backpack, but that's about it, other than the colors look okay.

Although I kind of like that Darklon, and I couldn't give a shit about the character. Unless there's a Dragonsky that nobody's heard of yet, then it looks like my purchases may have been cut down to just the carded Footloose...